Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Default Re: African Musk: Not a Fragrance

Gotta wonder what the monthly subscription fee will be.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Gotta wonder what the monthly subscription fee will be.
    Ha, I beat The Hard Times to it:
    https://thehardtimes.net/culture/elo...nal-8-monthly/

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Aha, so using the latest technology to benefit those less able than ourselves is merely one step toward...what? Consider this from your link-

"“This is a big step forward for humanity. If things keep moving forward at this rate then this will be a consumer product anyone can have lodged in their brain in less than a decade. Just think how easy it will be to turn on your television just by thinking ‘turn on television.’ No more reaching upwards of three feet away for remotes, or yelling things at your smart TV,” said the world’s second-richest man. “And we will also have a premium package that guarantees we won’t remotely shut down your limbic system for the low monthly price of $8. This gives you full access to your long-term memory, sexual stimulation, even your sense of smell. We are already working on a Premium+ package that will use AI to make you seem more charming when you talk. The AI has been trained off of my daily banter with friends, so you are guaranteed to be more popular.”

So if you fail to pay that $8 fee will they threaten to 'shut you down? Maybe this technology should be given for free to people who truly need it, and I doubt there are so many quadriplegics in the US for this to be a drain on a man who is paid millions and millions of dollars a year. And maybe he should volunteer to be chipped and pinned?

Was there ever a man so good at losing the confidence of the people he needs for his schemes to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Aha, so using the latest technology to benefit those less able than ourselves is merely one step toward...what? Consider this from your link-

"“This is a big step forward for humanity. If things keep moving forward at this rate then this will be a consumer product anyone can have lodged in their brain in less than a decade. Just think how easy it will be to turn on your television just by thinking ‘turn on television.’ No more reaching upwards of three feet away for remotes, or yelling things at your smart TV,” said the world’s second-richest man. “And we will also have a premium package that guarantees we won’t remotely shut down your limbic system for the low monthly price of $8. This gives you full access to your long-term memory, sexual stimulation, even your sense of smell. We are already working on a Premium+ package that will use AI to make you seem more charming when you talk. The AI has been trained off of my daily banter with friends, so you are guaranteed to be more popular.”

So if you fail to pay that $8 fee will they threaten to 'shut you down? Maybe this technology should be given for free to people who truly need it, and I doubt there are so many quadriplegics in the US for this to be a drain on a man who is paid millions and millions of dollars a year. And maybe he should volunteer to be chipped and pinned?

Was there ever a man so good at losing the confidence of the people he needs for his schemes to work?
    Apparently you didn't notice that The Hard Times is a (very obviously) satire site. They made the same joke I did, but used many more words.

A fair cop, but it is hard to know with Musk what is real and what is 'satire' or just hi sounding off. And isn't that the problem when dealing with someone with that amount of money and influence?

A fair cop, but it is hard to know with Musk what is real and what is 'satire' or just hi sounding off. And isn't that the problem when dealing with someone with that amount of money and influence?
    Hence my initial joke.

Hence my initial joke.
    What was the joke? Playing with people's lives is not funny.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

What was the joke? Playing with people's lives is not funny.
    OK, my sarcastic remark about the nature of Elon Musk, the current trend to turn everything into a monthly subscription service, and healthcare under capitalism. I'm not the one creating Neuralink implants. I'm also not a profiteer.

I'll try not to overestimate anyone's intelligence again when posting satirical articles.

I just didn't get it, let's leave it at that.