Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Oh Shit, The Condom Came Off, What Do I Do?

First, do not panic. Also do not attempt to clean the area with a douche or an enema.

In the event that you are having sex with an HIV+ person and the condom bursts, or slips off, your best course of action is to get to an emergency room immediately, and you will be placed on a very high level of a antiretroviral medications. You will also be tested periodically to make sure that you have not in fact contracted HIV.

Also be mindful that HIV, is not AIDS. Also be aware that neither HIV nor AIDS carry the same automatic 'death sentence' that people felt it did in the early 80s at its genesis.

With early detection, monitoring, medication, and a healthy life style, people with HIV can and do live healthy productive lives.

It goes without saying that the fear of contracting an STD, is highly emotionally charged, and ones's rational thought process can be overwhelmed with fear.

Perhaps the best tool to alleviate some of that angst is to Educate yourself about STDs, the LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN.

Finally, I have included some incubation periods, and STD window periods:

Specific STD Window Periods

Gonorrhea
    The incubation period for Gonorrhea is usually 2 to 7 days.

Chlamydia
    The incubation period for Chlamydia is usually 2 to 6 weeks, but can be longer.

Syphilis
    The incubation period for Syphilis is usually 10 to 90 days.

HIV
    The window period for HIV is usually 2 weeks to 3 months, but could be up to 6 months.

Hepatitis A
    The incubation period for Hepatitis A is 15 to 50 days.

Hepatitis B
    The incubation period for Hepatitis B is usually 45-180 days, with an average of 60 to 90 days.

Hepatitis C
    The incubation period for Hepatitis C ranges from 2 weeks to 6 months - commonly, 6 to 9 weeks.

Talk with your partner about herpes & warts
    There are no tests for genital warts and herpes tests are not necessarily useful. Herpes cultures require an active lesion to be present and herpes blood tests do not indicate whether the infection is genital or oral. Most people test positive on herpes blood tests because they were exposed to the virus orally as a child. It is therefore a good idea to discuss these 2 diseases with any new partner. Have you or your partner ever had genital herpes or cold sores on the mouth? Have either of you ever had genital warts diagnosed? Both of these diseases are common and having had either or both should not necessarily interfere with your relationship. Discussing these 2 diseases early in a relationship can reduce the chance of transmission.

Test later
    As the incubation period for Chlamydia is up to 6 weeks, you can test at or after 6 weeks from the start of your relationship. It makes sense to test for gonorrhea at the same time. The blood tests - syphilis, HIV and possibly hepatitis - can be taken at 3 months. Most results would show up on an HIV and hepatitis test within 3 months of infection, but these tests can be repeated 6 months into the relationship to fully cover the window period.

But Knowledge Is Power !!

Junior Poster

Default humm

First off why would you even sleep with someone who does have HIV im not saying some of the people who might has this are bad people but why put your self at risk i my self would not sleep with a man who i knew was sick ...Now if i didnt know he was sick i would be very pissed because then hes putting my life at risk just because he wanted to fuck someone who was sick it all comes down to how you screen people everyone in todays age need to be more careful love and sex are to different things.... so be carefull i guess is all anyone can ever say ..
    xoox
    Holly

Interesting post.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Default Re: humm

Quote Originally Posted by hollysweet
    First off why would you even sleep with someone who does have HIV im not saying some of the people who might has this are bad people but why put your self at risk i my self would not sleep with a man who i knew was sick ...Now if i didnt know he was sick i would be very pissed because then hes putting my life at risk just because he wanted to fuck someone who was sick it all comes down to how you screen people everyone in todays age need to be more careful love and sex are to different things.... so be carefull i guess is all anyone can ever say ..
    xoox
    Holly

Be careful. There's some around here to liken these statements to "you make it sounds like you can get it off a toilet seat". For HIV activists, refusal to have sex with someone with HIV is practically a hate crime.

I said exactly the same thing in another post and got flamed! LOL

Be careful.

Junior Poster

no im just smarter then that not everyone will tell you some are still mad at the world for getting sick in the first place i have a few friends who are sick and some who are not i still treat them all the same and love them all i dont hold anything against any one if there sick then thats they thing they have to worrie about that not me but when some one tryes to do something with me thats going to affect the rest of my life then im going to stand up and say what i think. this is not a hate crime... this is me just being smarter then the average bear...... you hear that boobooo

xoxox

Holly

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    Quote Originally Posted by hollysweet
    xoox
    Holly

Be careful. There's some around here to liken these statements to "you make it sounds like you can get it off a toilet seat". For HIV activists, refusal to have sex with someone with HIV is practically a hate crime.

I said exactly the same thing in another post and got flamed! LOL

Be careful.

I personally can commiserate with your concerns, and understand your fears.

Also, I am very glad that we are having a chance to have this dialouge. I am very glad that you as well as many others are not apathetic on this subject. Too often people will adopt a head in the sand approach, and hope that the problem does not come knocking at their door.

However, having said that I feel that I will maintain my position, that many people are looking at this situation from an emotional, and or fear based perspective.

For me, rather than fear something that I don't understand or have all the information on, I will do all in my power to garner a better understanding of it.

In the hour or two since I made my original posts, I have been perusing the Center For Disease Control (CDC), National Institute Of Health (NIH), World Health Organiztion (WHO) websites and countless others in support of the information that I am alreay armed with.

On many matters, it is perfectly fine to 'feel' a certain way about the topic.

On this particular subject, I would prefer to be armed with hard empirical, scientific facts.

Sorta, like don't bring a knife to a gun fight

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    I personally can commiserate with your concerns, and understand your fears.

Also, I am very glad that we are having a chance to have this dialouge. I am very glad that you as well as many others are not apathetic on this subject. Too often people will adopt a head in the sand approach, and hope that the problem does not come knocking at their door.

However, having said that I feel that I will maintain my position, that many people are looking at this situation from an emotional, and or fear based perspective.

For me, rather than fear something that I don't understand or have all the information on, I will do all in my power to garner a better understanding of it.

In the hour or two since I made my original posts, I have been perusing the Center For Disease Control (CDC), National Institute Of Health (NIH), World Health Organiztion (WHO) websites and countless others in support of the information that I am alreay armed with.

On many matters, it is perfectly fine to 'feel' a certain way about the topic.

On this particular subject, I would prefer to be armed with hard empirical, scientific facts.

Sorta, like don't bring a knife to a gun fight

LOL. In heated battle with retards you don't need a gun or a knife, you just need to make sure they stay on their side of town. Facts are cool, but on certain subjects, "just being right" is even more cool.

To me, the "minimize the risk when you fuck people with HIV or other deadly STD's" strategy is just retarded and dangerous to society in general. I'd love to put these people into a blender. Especially the ignorant motherfuckers that want to turn this into an issue of discrimination.

It's not!

Junior Poster

well i hope that last little post wasent amed at me ? lol i was just saying i understand about others haveing it but when it comes down to me i take care of my self not saying those who are sick dont so im sure we could turn this in to a battle of whos right or wrong but when i posted i wasent pointing fingers saying your wrong your bad to anyone i was just saying how i felt on the subject and how i handle my self and that im very careful of who i do and dont slep with i think everyone has a right to know if there partenr is sick or not i was just saying i would not sleep with someone who was if i wasent sick only because i take pride in my body and self and want to be around for a very long time ..... as im sure everyone does sick or not so turn this in a bad or whatever way you see fit im sure when people read this there going to see where im comeing from and that im discriminating on any one

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    To me, the "minimize the risk when you fuck people with HIV or other deadly STD's" strategy is just retarded and dangerous to society in general. I'd love to put these people into a blender. Especially the ignorant motherfuckers that want to turn this into an issue of discrimination.

It's not!
    The point is, Tfan, that you might not know someone has HIV or another STD. You can't trust everyone to tell you the truth about it. If you could, there wouldn't be any HIV. Well, that's not true, some people don't even get themselves tested. So, your best course of action is to be safe and be armed with the facts.

You can call me an activist for feeling that way, for protecting myself with facts and with the appropriate measures, but I have seen too many close friends die from AIDS to do anything else.

Junior Poster

back ot what i said the first time im very careful and i do do myhome work on if my partnet is safe and clen hinse i am tested one because of the movies i do and two because i dont sleep with someone not even a bf with out a condom so you see i do look out for the facts i know them and love them im allways safe when if comes to this matter i wasent going on and on for nothing swearing anything i was simply saying tke care of your self your nto going to know unless you are careful do your homework dont fall in love and just let any person fuck you just becuse they said i love you or some bullshit thats all... and thanks so much for careing muahhh i love you to
    xoxox
    Holly