Senior Member Platinum Poster hardiron4u's Avatar

Default Night Life in Makati, Philippines

I arrived in the Philippines several weeks ago and my intention is to live here. During the past 20 years I lived and worked here as well as visited the country almost every year for periods of 2 to 4 months.

Things have changed as a result of the pandemic. Foreigners were allowed to enter the country in February with certain restrictions. Today any foreigner can enter the country if vaccinated and with at least one booster shot.

Malls have limited hours ranging from 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM Monday to Thursday and Friday to Sunday from 11:00 AM to 10:30 PM. Many restaurants/bars/clubs have not reopened and no sign that they will anytime soon.

The Burgos area in Makati has less than 50% of the bars and clubs operating. The street is full of Ladyboys who congregate in front of the Seven Eleven. They outnumber the GGs by 5 to 1 which is the opposite before the pandemic. The ladyboy bar called Mixed Nuts is closed and is not expected to reopen.

The bars and clubs in Ermita and Malate are also experiencing closures but there are places that have reopened such as LA Café in Ermita. I am told that they do not allow ladyboys.

It may take a while before things get back to the pre-pandemic era. The dollar is trading around 56 pesos. It is still relatively cheap if you have dollars. There are not many tourists from US or Europe.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Default Re: Night Life in Makati, Philippines

Take some videos and post them to the thread so we can get an idea of what it looks like

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hardiron4u View Post
    I arrived in the Philippines several weeks ago and my intention is to live here. During the past 20 years I lived and worked here as well as visited the country almost every year for periods of 2 to 4 months.

Things have changed as a result of the pandemic. Foreigners were allowed to enter the country in February with certain restrictions. Today any foreigner can enter the country if vaccinated and with at least one booster shot.

Malls have limited hours ranging from 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM Monday to Thursday and Friday to Sunday from 11:00 AM to 10:30 PM. Many restaurants/bars/clubs have not reopened and no sign that they will anytime soon.

The Burgos area in Makati has less than 50% of the bars and clubs operating. The street is full of Ladyboys who congregate in front of the Seven Eleven. They outnumber the GGs by 5 to 1 which is the opposite before the pandemic. The ladyboy bar called Mixed Nuts is closed and is not expected to reopen.

The bars and clubs in Ermita and Malate are also experiencing closures but there are places that have reopened such as LA Café in Ermita. I am told that they do not allow ladyboys.

It may take a while before things get back to the pre-pandemic era. The dollar is trading around 56 pesos. It is still relatively cheap if you have dollars. There are not many tourists from US or Europe.
    You are living my dream! Keep us updated with your experiences please.

Junior Poster

I'm visiting Makati in a few weeks - really looking forward to it.

Tgirl lover