Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Monkeypox and Sexual Transmission

Please take care if you are coming into close contact with another person. Although there are various modes of transmission, and Monkeypox cases, though rising in the UK, are usually rare, sexual contact can be a means of transmission, thus

"Although some of the cases have been seen in gay and bisexual men, anyone who comes into close contact with someone who has monkeypox could potentially get the virus.The UK Health Security Agency has said "a notable proportion" of the recent cases in the UK and Europe have been found in gay and bisexual men "so we are particularly encouraging them to be alert to the symptoms and seek help if concerned"
    What is monkeypox and how do you catch it? - BBC News

Signs and Symptoms | Monkeypox | Poxvirus | CDC

Monkeypox (who.int)

Other sources of information available

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Monkeypox and Sexual Transmission

This definitely is a bad time to be in the sex for pay game.

Oh no....

Latest news from the UK-

"England’s monkeypox outbreak is beginning to spread beyond London with a spike in cases outside the main epicentre, health officials have warned.The Terrence Higgins Trust, which helped coordinate the national response to the viral infection, said “time is slipping away quite quickly” to limit the outbreak to the capital, with concerning rises reported in Manchester and Brighton.

A total of 2,759 infections have been detected in the UK, the majority of which are centred in London. However, according to the latest data, the number of cases in the southeast nearly tripled between 6 July and 1 August, rising from 91 to 233 – one of the sharpest regional jumps over this period. In the northwest, cases more than doubled from 71 to 144."
    ‘Time is slipping away’: Battle to limit monkeypox outbreak as cases rise outside London | The Independent

-if you only get a portion of the text, refresh the page and the whole article will appear,

Senior Member Veteran Poster diddyboponTOP's Avatar

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. The libs won't stop. They ruined the world with this Corona nonsense now this. Just like Corona I won't be worried about MP while the other joke could have been airborne this is from M on M sex or I guess male on TS sex.... I haven't had sex with a t girl in at least 5 years although I'm talking to one now

1 out of 7 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    This is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. The libs won't stop. They ruined the world with this Corona nonsense now this. Just like Corona I won't be worried about MP while the other joke could have been airborne this is from M on M sex or I guess male on TS sex.... I haven't had sex with a t girl in at least 5 years although I'm talking to one now
    What do 'the Libs' have to do with a public health threat? Covid and its variants are not a joke, neither is Monkey Pox, and it's not just about you, but those people who are having sexual intercourse. Is it not better to be safe than sorry?

7 out of 7 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

The worst thing you can let yourself be infected by is the negative poster who spends all his time posting how awful everything is in his life, and none of it his fault.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Tgirl lover

Senior Member Veteran Poster

I posted this in another thread about Monkey Pox:

WHO chief advises reducing sex partners to avoid monkeypox

http://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-h...ypox-rcna40300

NYC Health Dept reassigns senior epidemiologist who publicly disagreed with city’s Monkey Pox messaging

gothamist.com/news/nyc-health-dept-reassigns-senior-epidemiologist-who-publicly-disagreed-with-citys-monkeypox-messaging

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post

NYC Health Dept reassigns senior epidemiologist who publicly disagreed with city’s Monkey Pox messaging

gothamist.com/news/nyc-health-dept-reassigns-senior-epidemiologist-who-publicly-disagreed-with-citys-monkeypox-messaging
    Sure is interesting watching the science and medical communities disagree!

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post

I have read your links, it is irritating when someone creates a thread on a topic that already exists, but that is just how it goes sometimes. As for the public health announcements, I don't understand how hard it is to make a clear statement that contains facts without being prejudicial to identifiable social groups. We seem to live in an age when civil servants are constantly trying to second guess their own statements in case someone is offended. It can be done without controversy. Or maybe the people employed are not up to it.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.