Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Lightbulb Transgender Psychologist Issues Warning About Teens Transitioning

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

Default Re: Transgender Psychologist Issues Warning About Teens Transitioning

Yes this has become quite the political football. I personally thing it is that. An tool put out negativity to those who can't understand it, in order control people. As for this exact article, I don't that youth would get transitioning medical care because it is "trendy". There has to be some kind of deep need. That being said there are going to be some, that regret transitioning, but that is true for every endeavor in life. I have heard in the past that 9 out of 10 are happy with their decision. It that is true today, that is a pretty high percentage.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz View Post
    Yes this has become quite the political football. I personally thing it is that. An tool put out negativity to those who can't understand it, in order control people. As for this exact article, I don't that youth would get transitioning medical care because it is "trendy". There has to be some kind of deep need. That being said there are going to be some, that regret transitioning, but that is true for every endeavor in life. I have heard in the past that 9 out of 10 are happy with their decision. It that is true today, that is a pretty high percentage.
    What makes the article unique is that the Psychologist saying this is transgender herself.....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

From everything I read, it seems that most (if not all) of the “trendy” transitions, seem to be amongst FTM crowd.

Senior Member Junior Poster

At the age some of these folks are transitioning they aren't even old enough so that society trusts them to drive a car.

I'm not sure we should allow kids to make life altering decisions at that point.

I think most of the research shows that a lot of kids will grow out of this "phase," and a lot of the kids don't really have gender dysphoria and are venturing into this area to get positive attention. A lot of these cases seem to come in "friend clusters" (similar in a way to suicides in the teen population).

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

"An inquiry into the impact on under-18s of NHS treatment for gender dysphoria is to be launched by the UK government, according to reports.The health secretary, Sajid Javid, is said to be concerned that vulnerable children are being given gender hormone treatment before alternatives have been explored, according to the Times, and is planning an overhaul of services.

It comes after an interim report published last month by the Cass Review, an independent review into the NHS’s gender identity services for children and young people.
    The review said services have “evolved rapidly and organically” in response to increased demand, but that that has meant they have “not been subjected to some of the normal quality controls” typically applied to new treatments."

Full article here-
    Javid orders inquiry into NHS gender identity services for under-18s – reports | Gender | The Guardian

The latest Skeptic Magazine (4.99 for the kindle edition) has made all this their feature. It cover discussions on all this including the sports controversy Click image for larger version. 

Name:	405696AD-4DB3-4E87-B20F-B098FD292108.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	1376537