Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default The Rock, The Jaw,- Welcome to the (Uncensored) Punch

Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: The Rock, The Jaw,- Welcome to the (Uncensored) Punch

will smith is an entitled idiot.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

To explain -at the time I posted the above, I was told the US network had censored the event, I assume by now the uncensored footage is widely available.

Senior Member Gold Poster Murmdrum's Avatar

I could give two shits about Hollywood ...bunch of narcissistic self righteous assholes. I don't condone the violence either. F Will Smith

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

gotta wonder what Smith would have done if someone the size of the actual “Rock” made the comment. ….nothing of course.

He could’ve simply just voiced his displeasure or just put on a face and talked to Chris Rock about it afterwards. You know, like civilized pampered celebrities.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 03-28-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

1. It must be nice to slap someone in a public venue and not be asked to leave the premises.

2. The joke wasn't that bad. It wasn't like Rock said "Eight ball in the corner pocket", or "Magic Jada, what does the future hold for me".

3. Smith was laughing at the joke. He didn't get mad until he saw that Jada was.

4. I really wanted to hear what Rock was going to say about the both of them after the slap.

5. So at the end of the day, words are indeed worse than sticks and stones and should be responded to with physical violence.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    1. It must be nice to slap someone in a public venue and not be asked to leave the premises.

2. The joke wasn't that bad. It wasn't like Rock said "Eight ball in the corner pocket", or "Magic Jada, what does the future hold for me".

3. Smith was laughing at the joke. He didn't get mad until he saw that Jada was.

4. I really wanted to hear what Rock was going to say about the both of them after the slap.

5. So at the end of the day, words are indeed worse than sticks and stones and should be responded to with physical violence.
    I have to admit I don't get the jokes in your point no 2.

Is it the case that if the Oscar's on tv is meant to be a 'family show', Chris Rock is not the kind of 'comedian' to appear on it? Doesn't this man have 'form' when it comes to insulting and abusing Black women in public? Or maybe we have to accept that the woman in question the other night is 'fair game' for someone like Rock and we must all 'suck it up'?

Jada Pinkett-Smith also looks terrific with the way she has managed her Alopecia, maybe someone should at least stand up for her in a predicament she did not create.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I have to admit I don't get the jokes in your point no 2.

Is it the case that if the Oscar's on tv is meant to be a 'family show', Chris Rock is not the kind of 'comedian' to appear on it? Doesn't this man have 'form' when it comes to insulting and abusing Black women in public? Or maybe we have to accept that the woman in question the other night is 'fair game' for someone like Rock and we must all 'suck it up'?

Jada Pinkett-Smith also looks terrific with the way she has managed her Alopecia, maybe someone should at least stand up for her in a predicament she did not create.
    Are you now an expert on us Black Americans?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Are you now an expert on us Black Americans?
    No. Are you?

I make these comments based on years of observation, flawed though it is, from the sickening ridicule of a young woman whose status as a Black Woman in the USA was treated as an irrelevance when compared to Alpha Male Mike Tyson; or the sickening ridicule of Michelle Obama in words I can't bring myself to type, as they hurt my head; the relentless din of abuse that has been showered on Black Women seeking high office in the USA, be it Ketanji Brown Jackson, Stacey Adams or Kamala Harris.

If you can agree that the election of Barack Obama as President unleashed a never-ending torrent of abuse, you may -or not- be able to measure the vitriolic abuse Black Woman of the kind I have referred to, will have to suffer. when they choose to enter public life
    In this context, this pathetic little man, Chris Rock merely underlines the chronic mistreatment of Black Women in the USA, to which I offer the grim Coda of the Transgendered women found discarded in a dumpster in Chicago, neither the first, and probably not the last to suffer such a dreadful end to life.

And in case you think it doesn't happen here, the abuse of a Black schoolgirl in London has exposed yet again what a wretched state our police service is in, a grim addition to the two police officers who took selfies next to the bodies of two black women murdered in a London park.

Racism cited as factor in police strip search of girl, 15, at London school | London | The Guardian

Ok, so I didn't know much about Chris Rock until reading more about him in today's paper, previously to me he was merely a voice in the film Madagascar, but it seems he has had a career in comedy in the US, if comedy it has been. On the face of it, I don't see much of a future for someone who thinks the public ridicule of women with Alopecia is 'fair game'. Fair it ain't.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    No. Are you?
    I'm a Black American - but I don't speak for us all.
    But it does amaze me how sometimes, some people think they know what's best for us more than we do ourselves.

Are you a Black American?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...