Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Coe warns transgender athletes pose risk to integrity of women’s sport

From this-

"Under Coe’s watch, World Athletics has introduced strict rules for transgender athletes that mean they must keep their testosterone levels under a certain limit for at least 12 months before being allowed to compete internationally. Athletes with DSD (difference of sexual development) such as South Africa’s Caster Semenya have also been forced to restrict their testosterone levels for six months to be permitted to compete internationally over certain distances."

to this

“Gender cannot trump biology. As a federation president, I do not have that luxury. It is a luxury that other organisations not at the practical end of having to deal with these issues have. But as far as I am concerned, the scientific evidence, the peer-reviewed work we have done, those regulations are the right approach.”
    Coe warns transgender athletes pose risk to integrity of women’s sport | Sport | The Guardian

Sport must control a person's body, right?

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Default Re: Coe warns transgender athletes pose risk to integrity of women’s sport

I know a few Democrat/Liberal lesbian athletes that have issues with transgender women in some sports.
    As a man, I don't feel I'm qualified to get deeply into the discussion - but IMHO, it's worth looking at/observing how the lesbian community reacts.

Hopefully, this won't devolve into an insult level thread.

Last edited by MrFanti; 03-22-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Gold Poster Murmdrum's Avatar

Default Re: Coe warns transgender athletes pose risk to integrity of women’s sport

I personally don't think its fair to the natural women. I don't pay much attention to it either tho. I certainly don't have the answers to whats fair either. just my respectful take on it

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

The question of fairness in sport has long since parted company with the primacy of money, with now the added confusion that those in responsible positions cannot make a coherent statement. Thus Coe, who I presume agonises over the use of performance enhancing chemicals in the body, is obsessed with the chemical profile of trans athletes while ignoring something as basic as respect for the person's human rights, or even their legal rights, if they have any.

Thus too, Ron deDantis, who seems to think he can choose who is President of the US regardless of who the people vote for, now decides that as Governor of Florida, he can cancel a victory because he doesn't like the winner, whom he insults, thus-

"“It is my determination that men should not be competing against women such as Emma Weyant,” DeSantis wrote in his proclamation. “ … Florida rejects the NCAA’s efforts to destroy women’s athletics, disapproves of the NCAA elevating ideology over biology, and takes offense at the NCAA trying to make others complicit in a lie.”"
    Florida governor says trans swimmer Lia Thomas was not ‘rightful winner’ of NCAA title | Swimming | The Guardian

The incoherence is thus:
    -if the Sport recognises the right of transgendered athletes to compete, it cannot then complain when they win.
    -If the Sport is going to determine the legitimacy of a contestant by referring to their chemical profile, then it must do so for all athletes, and if it is a case of Testosterones, draw up a chart to determine what level they must be in relation to basic indicators such as the age, height, body mass index of the athlete.
    The same chart would be required for levels of oestrogen.

I doubt many people want this, and I doubt if, at present, the admin exists to process it. It also raises the question, does a female athlete perform below par when she is menstruating? I don't know how one even determines the validity of this argument.

The only solution to this, perhaps, is for transgendered athletes to decide not to compete, given that at the moment, the Sports admins can't make a coherent decision. I don't know if this is comparable to the times, in the US for example, when Black Americans were banned from participating in Sports, but on that level one can say we have been here before.

As for their legal, constitutional, and human rights, well one can hardly expect someone like deSantis or Trump to defend such rights when they are busy digging the grave into which such rights will be buried, with the zealous support of the State of Texas, where Rapists Have Rights, and women have none.

Here's another fine mess they have got us into. Only nobody's laughing this time.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Just more Liberal nonsense.

Lia Thomas is probably a nice person, but has no business competing with female athletes.

Just look at the picture if you think there is any fairness in letting her compete. No wonder she won.

Look at her mass and bone structure compared with the other athletes.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

I wonder if any ATHLETIC governing body has added full SRS as a "qualifier" for MTF Transgender in Women's sports....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Junior Poster

You could say the same thing about Shaq or Yao Ming… that it’s unfair to let these bigger people compete against the others. Anyway, body size isn’t necessarily an advantage, it depends on what the sport is.

the Governor of Utah just vetoed an anti-trans scholastic sports bill in his state, for being unnecessary overkill when there are only 5 trans athletes in the entire state competing in school sports.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcigar_2001 View Post

Lia Thomas is probably a nice person, but has no business competing with female athletes.

Just look at the picture if you think there is any fairness in letting her compete. No wonder she won.

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildcigar_2001 View Post

This pic looks photoshopped, but the point is the same. Most trans female athletes have significant physical advantages over natal women.

Senior Member Junior Poster

This isn't about being anti-Trans this is about fairness to female athletes.

We all have to make choices in life, and you don't get to have everything you want all of the time. Perhaps some increased responsibilities and some self-sacrifice also goes along with changing genders.

Transsexual athletes need to understand that perhaps they can't transition, and also play competitive sports with/against their new gender.

If transsexual athletes feel the need to compete they need to do so against athletes of their former gender. This may not be "fair" to transsexuals, but it is fair to a substantially greater number of people.

Member Rookie Poster

Genetically male athletes outperform genetically female athletes in many sports and nearly always, when considering the same sport, are simply more powerful. As such, though I support universal acceptance of any and all transgender people, I do not support universal acceptance of every trans athletes competing against cis-gender counterparts. So long as we continue to separate sports based on sex and gender, the case for each athlete in that particular sport needs to be made as to why that person does not have an unfair advantage conferred by their birth sex.

If it were open season, russell might as well change his name to Melinda and sign with the Sparks when the Lakers run him out of town. He already has the clothes.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7b8d44e58575981bf5854f308f0380b9.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	1370362