Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Will Ron Run Do or is Da Ron Doo Doo?

In the link, a useful video from the Santis Sympathetic Telegraph. But note this quote from the man himself-

"...ultimately a society needs to be grounded in truth" (@04.17)

What is the truth about Slavery, about Racism in the USA, about the success and failure of Capitalism? How interested in the truth is De Santis, when the truth does not match his personal ideology as he declares his intention to impose it on the FBI from
    'day one'...

Ron DeSantis: I’ll purge FBI on day one of my presidency (yahoo.com)

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Don't be fooled by the supposedly nonpartisan, moderate No Labels. They'll either run a spoiler candidate to help get Trump elected, or back Ron DeSantis if he gets the GOP nomination:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...p-out-00101168

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Don't be fooled by the supposedly nonpartisan, moderate No Labels. They'll either run a spoiler candidate to help get Trump elected, or back Ron DeSantis if he gets the GOP nomination:
    Not fooled at all by the so-called Nonpartisan No Labels

filghy2 Silver Poster

It will be telling whether their policy agenda involves doing anything meaningful about problems like climate change, rising inequality and gun violence.

Red face Re: Will Ron Run Do or is Da Ron Doo Doo?

The current Grand Wizard ron desantis
    Denée Benton at the #TonyAwards on Ron DeSantis: "While I’m certain that the current Grand Wizard ... I’m sorry. Excuse me, governor of my home state of Florida..."

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/stat...747750400?s=20
    https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/stat...747750400?s=20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FybuS69acAM1ecB.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	1422717

I don't know about 'Grand Wizard' but De Santis seems to think he has the same 'absolute' powers as Trump.

DeSantis asks Trump-appointed judge to dismiss Disney's lawsuit against him, claiming immunity (yahoo.com)

The irony, surely, is that for most of my life, Disney was considered 'Family Entertainment' (and still is I think). It meant parents knew if they took their children to a Disney film, there would not be any swearing, even partial nudity though I think swimwear might have been acceptable. There was no sex, drugs or violence but there was often a moral core of the wholesome good-vs-evil kind that most parents, regardless of religion, would approve of.

You would think from De Santis that Disney has now become a Neo-Marxist entertainment conspiracy determined to trash the values we are told Republicans believe define the USA: God, Family and Country. If this is true, I am not aware of it unless Frozen has a cryptic Lesbian storyline, Mulan a cryptic endorsement of Asian immigration, and Pinocchio smuggling in an attack on American's most famous liar, Donald J Trump. Three cases of so what? rather than Be afraid, be very afraid.

If the Corporation wants its staff to attend courses on Diversity and Inclusion is it because the corporation now employs Diverse people who it wants to feel part of, to be included in the 'Disney Family' ? -how are these Family Values a threat to the 'Free State of Florida' -and for that matter, since when does a 'Free Market' Republican believe he had the right to interfere in a private Corporation with which his predecessors granted extraordinary rights in the State? But I guess De Santis, like Trump no longer believes in Capitalism as it was when that other Ronald, was President.

Or maybe De Santis just has a short fuse, a thin skin, and secretly wants to roast Bambi on a Bar-B-Q?

Another blow to De Santis, and a victory -temporary?- for the USA...

Happy 4th of July!

Judge blocks new Florida election law, signed by DeSantis this spring, calling it the 'latest assault on the right to vote' (yahoo.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The state will no doubt appeal, and likely keep the law in effect during the process. Or they'll just make another law and stall any protest until after the election.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

The state will no doubt appeal, and likely keep the law in effect during the process. Or they'll just make another law and stall any protest until after the election.
    Do these guys ever think that the law come first? Is it always the case that as soon as a Court of Law rules against them, they decide to take on the Court again and again? Maybe Ron should just openly admit he thinks he is better than the law, like his boyfriend on the coast whose July 4 message is characteristically laced with filth, proving he is not and never was Presidential material. What a pair!

Trump marks Independence Day by sharing vulgar attack on Biden and ominous 2024 warning | The Independent

2 out of 2 members liked this post.