Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Default Re: Is anybody travelling whilst being unvaccinated??

Quote Originally Posted by TSaddicted View Post
    I work hard pay my bills and taxes and I'm living my life.
    That's an interesting way to look at a public health crisis.

6 out of 7 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Wow looks like I opened a can of worms with this one. All I wanted was just getting a few holiday tips. Nobody requested that you disclose your vaccination status, that's your personal business.

And I definitely ain't gonna listen to some online prick telling me to stay at home because I'm not vaccinated. I work hard pay my bills and taxes and I'm living my life.
    Awww bless. If you pay your taxes then you should be concerned about the pricks who are unvaxxed filling up the NHS and costing us all money.

If you want to ask a stupid, ignorant question on this forum, and aren't prepared to take the answers - then fucking ask it elsewhere.

5 out of 6 members liked this post.

Thick, strong and long Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    That's an interesting way to look at a public health crisis.
    No... that was in reference to someone telling me what to do.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

No... that was in reference to someone telling me what to do.
    The two are tied together, but your failure to grasp that explains your point of view.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Member Rookie Poster

Wow looks like I opened a can of worms with this one. All I wanted was just getting a few holiday tips. Nobody requested that you disclose your vaccination status, that's your personal business.

And I definitely ain't gonna listen to some online prick telling me to stay at home because I'm not vaccinated. I work hard pay my bills and taxes and I'm living my life.
    you paid your taxes? that's nice, thanks for paying for my 3 vaccines.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    Of course I do.
    And I also recognise it's your right not to get vaccinated no matter how much of a dickwad one may be.
    But the non-vaxxed are the ones taking up the hospital beds, and sucking up the resources as well. They're also less likely to take being a carrier/spreader seriously, and thus more of a risk.
    So it's your right to not get vaxxed - and it's my right to tell you to stay the fuck home.

On other notes, I've travelled to Italy, Croatia, Turkey, US and Canada over the past 12 months - as a vaxxed passenger, some places are more complicated than others. BA have an awesome app where once everything is uploaded to, you sail right through. Jet2 have been pretty good. Turkish and Croatian borders had to show proof of job. Los Angeles and Canada, have to show proof of vaxx to sit down in a restaurant/cafe or take public transport.

Frankly, the ones not taking the jab and committing suicide by stupidity, I'm good with. It makes the world a lighter place. I've lost one good friend through that, and I'll miss him - but can't get past how stupid he was to travel when an anti-vaxxer, and dead within 3 days of returning home.
    Eh you seem self righteous about it really. Like someone convinced of their moral superiority on the subject. An anti vaxer who stays home had done far less damage to the population than you have, selfishly traveling around and potentially carrying it all over the place.

So idk if it's just to make yourself feel better but that logic falls flat for you, unfortunately.

3 out of 5 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by corbindallas View Post
    Eh you seem self righteous about it really. Like someone convinced of their moral superiority on the subject. An anti vaxer who stays home had done far less damage to the population than you have, selfishly traveling around and potentially carrying it all over the place.
    That's a silly argument, given the OP obviously does not want to stay at home. If the countries with no vaccination requirements also have lower vaccination rates then he is more likely to do harm. The other point you are missing is that people who refuse to get vaccinated are also far less likely to be taking other precautions. Do you think when this guy is at home he is always wearing a mask and avoiding others if he has symptoms?

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 02-15-2022 at 05:31 AM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Incidentally, the premise that vaccination makes no difference to the chances of being a carrier appears to be incorrect. According to the latest CDC data for December an unvaccinated person is 3 times more likely to test positive than a person who's had two shots, and 5 times more likely than a person who has also had a booster.
    https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...vaccine-status

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Thick, strong and long Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    That's a silly argument, given the OP obviously does not want to stay at home. If the countries with no vaccination requirements also have lower vaccination rates then he is more likely to do harm. The other point you are missing is that people who refuse to get vaccinated are also far less likely to be taking other precautions. Do you think when this guy is at home he is always wearing a mask and avoiding others if he has symptoms?
    Lol "this guy"

Well this guy is required to test himself everyday for work. Never had covid and wear a mask everyday.

I love the generalisation of assuming all unvaccinated pretty don't give an f about others. What a clown LMAO

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    It's not a silly argument as I wasn't addressing the OP. People who travel the most are the biggest spreaders of the disease. It's really not hard to grasp. Being vaxxed doesn't magically preclude you from being a carrier. You could be asymptomatic, which is often what happens with vaxxed people who unknowingly spread the disease.

Also it's in response to Grooby who's calling the OP a "dickwad" while talking about all these places he's flying to. Just pointing out obvious irony. No doubt he's spread the disease. I guarantee it.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by corbindallas; 02-15-2022 at 08:42 AM.