Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: Is anybody travelling whilst being unvaccinated??

Quote Originally Posted by corbindallas View Post
    You realize being vaxxed doesn't prevent you from being a carrier right?
    Of course I do.
    And I also recognise it's your right not to get vaccinated no matter how much of a dickwad one may be.
    But the non-vaxxed are the ones taking up the hospital beds, and sucking up the resources as well. They're also less likely to take being a carrier/spreader seriously, and thus more of a risk.
    So it's your right to not get vaxxed - and it's my right to tell you to stay the fuck home.

On other notes, I've travelled to Italy, Croatia, Turkey, US and Canada over the past 12 months - as a vaxxed passenger, some places are more complicated than others. BA have an awesome app where once everything is uploaded to, you sail right through. Jet2 have been pretty good. Turkish and Croatian borders had to show proof of job. Los Angeles and Canada, have to show proof of vaxx to sit down in a restaurant/cafe or take public transport.

Frankly, the ones not taking the jab and committing suicide by stupidity, I'm good with. It makes the world a lighter place. I've lost one good friend through that, and I'll miss him - but can't get past how stupid he was to travel when an anti-vaxxer, and dead within 3 days of returning home.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbolax69 View Post
    The vaccine is fraudulent, dangerous, unnecessary and doesn't immunize you from anything. Natural immunity is superior
    You should probably stick to enjoying the asshole threads, instead of being one.

6 out of 7 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

As long as Trump supporters are dying from Covid at significantly higher rates than non-Trump supporters, Covid is a blessing.

3 out of 5 members liked this post.
    Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

3 jabs, myself, and do believe vaccine is effective.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Will Riker; 02-14-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Riker View Post
    Same. And had Covid twice. Confident that I would have had a lot worse symptoms without the vax, especially the first time. Omicron was just a bit congestion.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

Who knows how many here have traveled without a vaxx, but I'm sure there are some. When a new variant is discovered in a foreign land, you can be sure it will be in your country within a day or two. When omicron was first discovered, it only took one day before there was a case reported here in California.

To me, it seems like the only way to get rid of the death threat that COVID offers is to infect everyone. Those who will die, will die. Everyone else will live and eventually the virus will become much less deadly. It's completely impossible to protect those who are vulnerable to death from COVID. Mostly because those who refuse to be vaccinated or wear masks. But even those who have been vaccinated and mask up still pose a threat to others. And everyone is burned out on COVID, so a lot of people are becoming less concerned about the virus and more concerned about getting back to normal. So you can be sure the virus will continue to spread each and every time a new variant comes out.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Riker View Post
    I've been vaccinated 3 times,and also believe the vaccine is effective.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by gaysian71 View Post
    To me, it seems like the only way to get rid of the death threat that COVID offers is to infect everyone. Those who will die, will die. Everyone else will live and eventually the virus will become much less deadly.
    Or you could choose the cheaper, less traumatic option, and be vaccinated, just as you have been vaccinated against Measles, and Poliio - woud you make the same argument with those two diseases? And not sentence other people to death because you really don't care if they live or die. Do you think others may take the same view of you?

2 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Or you could choose the cheaper, less traumatic option, and be vaccinated, just as you have been vaccinated against Measles, and Poliio - woud you make the same argument with those two diseases? And not sentence other people to death because you really don't care if they live or die. Do you think others may take the same view of you?
    I have been vaccinated. But the problem is that a lot will not. And while the current vaccinations are not perfect, they do work well. I had COVID once since being vaccinated, it was not that bad. But I do see that some Olympic athletes have had COVID since being in China, but it doesn't seem to affect them at all. Mine was worse than them, but probably not near as bad as it would have been without the vaccine. But when I was down with COVID, I stayed at home by myself until I tested negative. So the real question is how many people are out and about with COVID spreading it around?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thick, strong and long Junior Poster

Wow looks like I opened a can of worms with this one. All I wanted was just getting a few holiday tips. Nobody requested that you disclose your vaccination status, that's your personal business.

And I definitely ain't gonna listen to some online prick telling me to stay at home because I'm not vaccinated. I work hard pay my bills and taxes and I'm living my life.

3 out of 10 members liked this post.