Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing friends

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Default Losing friends

During the last two years I have lost two friends that were very dear to me; Susan Shah & Lisa Kage. Two ladies that were beautiful human beings and had kind hearts and souls. Susan committed suicide and as Lisa's death cause is unknown to me.

I feel very guilty because I feel that with my hectic life that I should stop and contribute more to the community-in fact, I think we all should. Last year we held a very succesful benifit in which we raised $3,000 for Katrina aid for the Red Cross.

There are many good organizations in NYC that do outreach work and help the cause, such as The Transgender Legal Defense Fund that helped ensure Splash that they would obey NYC's Human Rights Ordinance and let TS Women and GG Women enter at any night of the week, without being turned away based on gender.

So on Thursday Nov. 30 I will hold a fundraiser @ my Living Dolls Lounge party and will donate 100 % of the profits to a TS non profit organization
    that I will announce, and will make the donation in the names of my two late friends. Of course I will also take contributions for those of you who would like to help and can not attend.

These ladies were good members of our community that lost their life much, much too early.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default Re: Losing friends

That is beautiful. Thank you. I think everyone needs to step up for this one. The girls and guys alike. We really need to band together as a community and support each other and support the organizations that support all of us. No one else will unless we do it for ourselves. And we all need to remember we're on the same side.

Much peace, Allanah. And thank you. I'll help spread the word to those who wouldn't normally frequent this site.

Gold Poster

My heart goes out to you Allanah. I can't imagine what you are going through.

... What we have to remember is that we as human beings, despite our occasional differences from time to time in here and in our own real world, have far more -- FAR MORE -- in common with one another than we have differences, or that we care to admit.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

My suggestion is to post an address and the official name of the organization so we could send Money odres or checks, etc. We could send them to you and then they could be give to the organizations at the fundraiser. Thank you for thinking of your friends, sometimes it takes losing one to realize how valuable the ones we still have are.

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

bump.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Always in our thoughts, and hearts.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Allanah,

My heart goes out to you for the losses you have endured.

Further from what I have read these are tragic losses to the transcommunity as well.

As to supporting agencies that assist the community, I believe this is the address of one of the agencies you mentioned:

Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, Inc.
    40 East 9th Street
    Suite 4C
    New York, NY 10003

Phone: 347 328 6710
    Fax: 347 328 6710

Finally, though this may be of small consolation in your time of grief, for me it has been helpful:

Esté de buena aclamación sobre muerte y sepa esto como verdad -- que ningún mal puede suceder a un buen persona, en vida o después de la muerte. - Socrates

Veteran Poster

I suppose people will think it stupid, because I only met her twice, spoke to her six times with the phone calls. But I think of Lisa every day.

'We Are, Marshall... Almost home...'

Default Re: Losing friends

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    During the last two years I have lost two friends that were very dear to me; Susan Shah & Lisa Kage. Two ladies that were beautiful human beings and had kind hearts and souls. Susan committed suicide and as Lisa's death cause is unknown to me.

I feel very guilty because I feel that with my hectic life that I should stop and contribute more to the community-in fact, I think we all should. Last year we held a very succesful benifit in which we raised $3,000 for Katrina aid for the Red Cross.

There are many good organizations in NYC that do outreach work and help the cause, such as The Transgender Legal Defense Fund that helped ensure Splash that they would obey NYC's Human Rights Ordinance and let TS Women and GG Women enter at any night of the week, without being turned away based on gender.

So on Thursday Nov. 30 I will hold a fundraiser @ my Living Dolls Lounge party and will donate 100 % of the profits to a TS non profit organization
    that I will announce, and will make the donation in the names of my two late friends. Of course I will also take contributions for those of you who would like to help and can not attend.

These ladies were good members of our community that lost their life much, much too early.

If you ever need the services of a photographer for any charity related events, just let me know. I'd be happy to help. I would send you my work to see my quality and style.

Thanks for donig the nice things.

stillies77

that is really great of you allanah...i wish i could make it to the party but being in philly and NYC sucks