Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Default Re: Progressives Gone Wild

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Well that's okay. You're not a racist, just a xenophobe. Are you one of those people who goes overseas and insists on eating exactly what you eat at home? Or maybe one of the two-thirds of Americans who don't even have a passport?
    I’m not any kind of “-phobe” Flighty. Who are these people who spend their lives trembling in fear? I’m a magnificent apex predator, an alpha male in the alpha city of the alpha state of the alpha nation on the alpha planet of the alpha galaxy. I’m a force of nature, the reckoning of the unbeliever, the arbiter of good and evil. Prostrate yourself before me and tremble.

But yeah I don’t care much for spicy food.

I also don’t much feel compelled to explain why I prefer the company of my fellow Americans, seems kinda self-explanatory unless you’re one of those people who insist there’s some obscure benefit to inviting foreigners across your border to live off government charity and rape your women.

I actually have two passports now. Thought I’d misplaced it so a few months ago got a new one. That was a $400 mistake, the old one turned up in my laundry room.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    I also don’t much feel compelled to explain why I prefer the company of my fellow Americans, seems kinda self-explanatory unless you’re one of those people who insist there’s some obscure benefit to inviting foreigners across your border to live off government charity and rape your women.
    So how many immigrants from 3rd world countries are living in your neighbourhood in St George Utah? It's funny how exaggerated concerns about the impact of immigrants tend to rise in inverse proportion to the likelihood of actually encountering them.

It's a good thing you are not a bigot though.

Last edited by filghy2; 12-03-2021 at 03:06 AM.

Gold Poster

I didn't read the rest of it. But this is highly lame. Korean food? Mexican food? Indian food? Sichuan Chinese food? Yeah better stick to hotdogs and hamburgers.

Gold Poster

https://redfortcuisine.com/menu/

Apparently for good Korean food you got to go to Washington Utah. But Indian food is available in St. George. Since you don't like spicy food I recommend you start out with some daal soup. Then you can either go with the Chicken Makhani or Lamb Rogan Josh. Get a side of garlic naan. Beer-your choice but get something imported. I noticed they're even carrying some of your local bullshit beers so they're obviously making an effort.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I didn't read the rest of it. But this is highly lame. Korean food? Mexican food? Indian food? Sichuan Chinese food? Yeah better stick to hotdogs and hamburgers.
    Food can often be a substitute topic for negative views on race. If we are going to get personal, many years ago when looking for accommodation in London I spoke to a landlady who described the room on offer but added that 'cooking curry is not allowed' or words to that effect, but I do recall the reason why 'or this will become like the black country'. I hung up and looked for a room elsewhere.

So when an American attacks multi-cuturalism they are, in effect attacking America. They might as well say it is 'UnAmerican' to eat spicy food and related ingedients, and it isn't long before the very same people -like Bannon Deux Chemises- cherry pick their Old Europeans, and no it doesn't include the Jews, who are not and never can be 'Legacy Americans'.

In the UK, this often takes the form of people objecting to Halal butchery as an expression of their anti-Muslim views, and when asked if they also include Kosher butchery, the answer is yes, even though they are happy to endorse Bannon's definition of 'Legacy' as Judeo-Christian Civilization, though in the current case of your American Nigel, not even Old Europe with its Judeo-Christian Civilization defines his America, presumably a country made by Davy Crockett, Paul Revere and John Birch.

So don't tell him doughnuts by origin (like Fish 'n Chips in the UK) is Jewish food, the impact on local law enforcement, even in Utah could be devastating.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

So how many immigrants from 3rd world countries are living in your neighbourhood in St George Utah? It's funny how exaggerated concerns about the impact of immigrants tend to rise in inverse proportion to the likelihood of actually encountering them.

It's a good thing you are not a bigot though.
    I don't know every single person in the 'hood, but most of them are good old home-grown Americans of assorted European heritage. There are a couple of Asian families around who mostly keep to themselves. If you venture into some of the more affordable areas of town, you will definitely find immigrants. We have a lot of Pacific Islanders here, relative to other cities - Samoans and Tongans mainly. The Mormons bring them. In fact, anywhere the Mormons have missionaries, which is everywhere, you'll find representatives of those races in Utah, though not necessarily in SG - it's a very hot climate and some people can't hang. The islanders like the climate.

How am I a bigot, Flighty, I'm not following your chain of reasoning. It's bigotry to have social preferences? I'm a bigot for preferring to spend my time among people with similar interests, backgrounds, and values? Do I have to move to a housing project in Detroit and take up the bongos to not be a bigot? See, it's this kind of liberal "logic" that leaves the rest of us facepalming.

Apparently for good Korean food you got to go to Washington Utah. But Indian food is available in St. George. Since you don't like spicy food I recommend you start out with some daal soup. Then you can either go with the Chicken Makhani or Lamb Rogan Josh. Get a side of garlic naan. Beer-your choice but get something imported. I noticed they're even carrying some of your local bullshit beers so they're obviously making an effort.
    I may very well look into that, Bronco. I'm mostly a meat and potatoes guy. I do eat ethnic food but I usually inquire about the spiciness level before I order. Some people seem to get a real kick out of hot and spicy, I'm just not one of those people, my digestive system doesn't appreciate when I get too adventurous. I, uh, AM allowed to have a personal preference on food, right? Whew, that's a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Food can often be a substitute topic for negative views on race. If we are going to get personal, many years ago when looking for accommodation in London I spoke to a landlady who described the room on offer but added that 'cooking curry is not allowed' or words to that effect, but I do recall the reason why 'or this will become like the black country'. I hung up and looked for a room elsewhere.

So when an American attacks multi-cuturalism they are, in effect attacking America. They might as well say it is 'UnAmerican' to eat spicy food and related ingedients, and it isn't long before the very same people -like Bannon Deux Chemises- cherry pick their Old Europeans, and no it doesn't include the Jews, who are not and never can be 'Legacy Americans'.

In the UK, this often takes the form of people objecting to Halal butchery as an expression of their anti-Muslim views, and when asked if they also include Kosher butchery, the answer is yes, even though they are happy to endorse Bannon's definition of 'Legacy' as Judeo-Christian Civilization, though in the current case of your American Nigel, not even Old Europe with its Judeo-Christian Civilization defines his America, presumably a country made by Davy Crockett, Paul Revere and John Birch.

So don't tell him doughnuts by origin (like Fish 'n Chips in the UK) is Jewish food, the impact on local law enforcement, even in Utah could be devastating.
    Aw hell, for a minute there I actually thought it was okay to eat what I want.

filghy2 Silver Poster

How am I a bigot, Flighty, I'm not following your chain of reasoning. It's bigotry to have social preferences? I'm a bigot for preferring to spend my time among people with similar interests, backgrounds, and values? Do I have to move to a housing project in Detroit and take up the bongos to not be a bigot? See, it's this kind of liberal "logic" that leaves the rest of us facepalming.
    You are obviously prepared to believe every negative stereotype about people who are different from you without much need for evidence. In fact, you don't seem able to conceive of them other than in terms of those stereotypes.

If you say you don't want immigrants because they are allegedly dirty, lazy, criminal and generally weird then you are not expressing a cultural preference - you indulging in bigotry. Are you really so different from your father, other than that you are more careful about what you say when not posting anonymously on the internet?

It's funny that when challenged you always come back to this argument that you shouldn't have to do things you don't like. That is just a straw man. How exactly are immigrants forcing you to do things you don't like? Do you think they want to pass laws forcing you to eat spicy food or stop watching American sports?

All we are saying is that you should stop making ridiculous derogatory generalisations about other cultures and stop rationalising the actions of racists. How is it that you interpret that as demanding that you give up your preferred lifestyle?

filghy2 Silver Poster

[URL] Beer-your choice but get something imported. I noticed they're even carrying some of your local bullshit beers so they're obviously making an effort.
    Don't you know that only pretentious cosmopolitan liberals drink imported beers, bronco? Real Americans drink Bud, Miller and Coors.

I think Nick's inspiration must be this character from Dr Strangelove.
    “It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids, without the knowledge of the individual, certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.” Sterling Hayden - Brig. Gen. Jack D. Ripper
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

I wonder what he thinks about multi-grain bread. A high-fibre diet certainly sounds like some nefarious liberal plot to corrupt the American digestive system. What next - no Coke for breakfast?

Last edited by filghy2; 12-04-2021 at 06:41 AM.

You are obviously prepared to believe every negative stereotype about people who are different from you without much need for evidence. In fact, you don't seem able to conceive of them other than in terms of those stereotypes.

If you say you don't want immigrants because they are allegedly dirty, lazy, criminal and generally weird then you are not expressing a cultural preference - you indulging in bigotry. Are you really so different from your father, other than that you are more careful about what you say when not posting anonymously on the internet?

It's funny that when challenged you always come back to this argument that you shouldn't have to do things you don't like. That is just a straw man. How exactly are immigrants forcing you to do things you don't like? Do you think they want to pass laws forcing you to eat spicy food or stop watching American sports?

All we are saying is that you should stop making ridiculous derogatory generalisations about other cultures and stop rationalising the actions of racists. How is it that you interpret that as demanding that you give up your preferred lifestyle?
    You really think I just do whatever I want, Flighty? Maybe I do now, but that's because I've been working my ass off for decades to put myself in that position. And now you think I should take the word of a bunch of brainwashed college children and their political enablers that I'm living my life wrong? I'm guilty of something awful for working hard, obeying the law, building a business, and generally behaving responsibly, so now I need the guidance of street criminals and teenagers?

Class warfare is reality, Flighty. Do you think we're making progress? There's MUCH MORE RACISM NOW than there ever was before the George Floyd incident. And there's zero talk of partisanship on the Republican side of the aisle now that we've been forced to reckon with the fact that progressives are immune to reason.

The basis of class warfare is pretty simple. Joe Responsible educates himself, works hard, trusts his elders and the system, and ends up, in mid-life, highly successful and financially independent because of the responsible choices and sacrifices he's made.

Johnny Dipshit does as he pleases. He's a problem child, a narcissist, and oh he has a good time with it. But it leads to a life of poverty and legal problems.

Then one day Johnny Dipshit looks at Joe Responsible and thinks he wants what Joe's got. He's a human, he breathes, he was born, shouldn't he have the nice house in the suburbs, the late-model vehicles, the 9/10 wife and 2.5 kids? This is when progressivism says we need to take some of what Joe Responsible's got and give it to Johnny Dipshit until both of them can live in an apartment and drive a Hyundai. Conservatism says fuck Johnny Dipshit, he's a fucking dipshit.

And see, Flighty, I've been Johnny Dipshit, and now I'm Joe Responsible. The reason I was able to climb that ladder is because when I was Johnny Dipshit and took a hard look at Joe Responsible, I realized I was the problem and that I needed to get MY shit together. I didn't go out on the corner holding up a sign demanding someone give me some of Joe Responsible's shit. I went to work.

If you can't see the moral of the story I don't know what to tell you. There's never going to be a time when I'm going to say people are living in poverty because the system isn't fair. The system is 100% neutral.

And oh yeah, Flighty, on the topic of racism, I'm not really interested in hearing more of your racism accusations until you accept MY challenge, issued to both Stavros and Bronco, neither of whom have responded, and now to you, to tell me exactly what the hell racism you're talking about. Give me an example. Of systemic racism. In the USA. Just one. And then we can talk more about racism.