Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Progressives Gone Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    Pretty sure we're going to get a classical Republican president in 2024 - maybe Ron DeSantis. I know Trump has to be getting pressure not to run, at this point it's starting to look like any Republican can beat Biden. Time for a return to sanity.
    What exactly have you seen this year that makes you think that any Republican politician will have the guts to stand up to Trump, or that he could be persuaded to let it go? Two things we know about Trump are that he can't bear to be seen as a loser and he is obsessed with getting even.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    What exactly have you seen this year that makes you think that any Republican politician will have the guts to stand up to Trump, or that he could be persuaded to let it go? Two things we know about Trump are that he can't bear to be seen as a loser and he is obsessed with getting even.
    The so-called Trump Base is a myth. I mean, yeah, he's got a base - conservative voters. Conservative voters aren't like liberal voters. I told you I voted for Obama twice but that's because the only other choices were a half-senile war hawk with an insane maniac for a running mate, or a religious fanatic. Other than that I've always voted straight Republican and that's how most conservative voters are - simply will not vote for a Democrat unless HIGHLY offended by the Republican offering and slightly impressed by the Democratic candidate.

I can tell you right now that the Democrats have no one to run in 2024. It can't be Kamala Harris, AKA The Cackler. She's managed to turn "off-putting" into an art form. To be frank I doubt it will be Joe Biden. He's talking now like he wants it but as time goes on in this sad little administration, we're going to start finding out more and more about his rapidly declining cognitive powers. They've already started covering it up with this recent physical, but it can't stay hidden for long, he's the President, he's going to have to do some speaking, and in spite of their best efforts he's going to wing it on occasion. Prepare for one planetary facepalm after another. There's undoubtedly someone at the highest levels of the DNC who's already figured out that Biden '24 is a non-starter.

It looks like they're grooming Pete Buttigieg to run, and I mean, yeah, no, he can't win. He's not particularly qualified and he's got an image problem - that problem being that every time someone looks at him they get a mental image of him bent over taking the high hard one. America MIGHT be ready for a gay President (probably not), but the first gay President is gonna at least have to be a top.

So anyway yeah, it's like that for the Democrats. It doesn't seem to matter WHO the Republicans run, they've got the mid-terms AND 2024 locked up. So why run a one-termer for President? Trump can't serve 2 terms if he wins, he's already served one. Not saying Trump would gladly step aside. Not saying it will be pretty to push him out as the candidate. But I'm pretty certain there are senior Republican strategists talking about this very subject quite a lot these days.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Liberals, Libertarians, Conservatives -call them what you wish, but it looks to me as if the US is marching backwards, and too many of your fellow citizens like the view.
    I wouldn't lump Libertarians in the same group as Conservatives nor would I lump them in the same group as Liberals.
    IMHO, Libertarians support some aspects of Conservatism and some aspects of Liberalism - which is most like why BOTH groups don't like them.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

The so-called Trump Base is a myth. I mean, yeah, he's got a base - conservative voters. Conservative voters aren't like liberal voters. I told you I voted for Obama twice but that's because the only other choices were a half-senile war hawk with an insane maniac for a running mate, or a religious fanatic. Other than that I've always voted straight Republican and that's how most conservative voters are - simply will not vote for a Democrat unless HIGHLY offended by the Republican offering and slightly impressed by the Democratic candidate.
    You are evidently out of touch with the majority of your fellow partisans. If Trump runs the polls suggest they would support him by a 4 to 1 margin over the next most favoured candidate.
    https://www.uspresidentialelectionne...al-nomination/

It's startling how deep in denial you are about what has been happening within the Republican Party. It is no longer primarily the party of small government and free enterprise. It is increasingly the party that wants to aggressively use the power of the state to protect what it sees a a threatened 'culture'.
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...patrick-deneen

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 11-23-2021 at 04:04 AM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

I told you I voted for Obama twice but that's because the only other choices were a half-senile war hawk with an insane maniac for a running mate, or a religious fanatic.
    So you didn't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. What exactly is the evidence that his religious views have influenced his policy positions, as opposed to Trump's cynical moves to ingratiate himself with the Christian fundamentalists?

You are evidently out of touch with the majority of your fellow partisans. If Trump runs the polls suggest they would support him by a 4 to 1 margin over the next most favoured candidate.

It's startling how deep in denial you are about what has been happening within the Republican Party. It is no longer primarily the party of small government and free enterprise. It is increasingly the party that wants to aggressively use the power of the state to protect what it sees a a threatened 'culture'.
    It's Trump's nomination to take or pass, never said it wasn't. They are going to have to convince him to do what's best for the Republican Party, and what's best for the Republicans is to get a moderate Republican in office with no political baggage, to serve two terms and fix all the things the Democrats are currently fucking up. It's not as if Trump doesn't have an honorable way out - he'll be 78 years old in 2024. All he has to do is retire gracefully and his legacy is secure.

If he doesn't, it will be 4 more years of Trump and I'm good with that too.

It surprises me how vulnerable you are to political propaganda, Flighty. I mean look at yourself, you just read one article about one political extremist and suddenly the entire Republican Party wants to tear down the house. On the other hand, a lot of conservatives (and moderate liberals) are starting to understand that there is no tyranny quite as repressive as progressive tyranny. They've got us right on the edge of a real Orwellian dystopia now, "thought-crime" is no longer a fictional concept.

But if the conservatives of this country ever do take to the streets like the liberals have, we won't have any of these problems anymore. You think we're going to burn down courthouses? Loot shoe stores?

So you didn't vote for Romney because he is a Mormon. What exactly is the evidence that his religious views have influenced his policy positions, as opposed to Trump's cynical moves to ingratiate himself with the Christian fundamentalists?
    I don't have any evidence regarding Romney. But I know Mormons.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    I wouldn't lump Libertarians in the same group as Conservatives nor would I lump them in the same group as Liberals.
    IMHO, Libertarians support some aspects of Conservatism and some aspects of Liberalism - which is most like why BOTH groups don't like them.
    I understand the point you are making and agree with it in terms of political theory, whereas my point in the previous post was to suggest that all three of these political persuasions have played, and are playing a role in the legitimacy crisis that is undermining the integrity of your Union of 50 States. If we must assume that the Democrats are Liberals, then their failure to arrest and prosecute Donald Trump and hs various campaign staff in 2016 -for violating the law on election campaigns; in 2020-21 for organizing and encouraging a seditious attack upon the USA, means they have failed to defend the Rights of Man as both a legal and a natural right in the contexts of the Constitution in particular and the law in general. One cannot hope to rely on so-called Libertarians as they are interested only in a Utopia which will never exist, though they repudiate most of what currently comprises the political, economic and legal realities of the US, while so-called Conservatives have become Trumpet players for a Orchestra of hate and lies that seeks less to Conserve than to destroy.

Out of that soup of brackish fluids a tasty dish cannot be made. How the US recovers its original purpose now I don't know, so the question remains -can the US survive this crisis? Or is the fate of the US to decay into an assortment of quasi-independent States? And to think the pivot for this decay has been the resentmen of one man that The People did not vote for him! But as I said befoe, this suits those with their own agenda, and I would rather call them New Wave Fascists rather than Lberals, Libertarians or Conservatives. It is a new old movement, and though it might not succeed in capturing the US, it can certainly bring it to an end.

Gold Poster

When he said the Economist was far left I looked up what their views are. They are pro free markets and deregulation. But they apparently don't support immigration policy aimed at trying to maintain white hegemony. As a result they're FAR left.

And the term globalism or globalist seems to have nothing to do with economics (now) but has more to do with a debate between pluralism and narrow nationalism. You're a globalist if you don't have seizures upon hearing someone speak Spanish. Republicans don't know what they want. They didn't know they were anti-vax until educated people started telling them vaccines could save lives. Now a picture of Fauci can send them into a rabid frenzy.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    When he said the Economist was far left I looked up what their views are. They are pro free markets and deregulation. But they apparently don't support immigration policy aimed at trying to maintain white hegemony. As a result they're FAR left.
    Looks like mainstream economics is far left these days. He probably read that they favour a market-based solution to reduce greenhouse emissions, or some such crazy left idea.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post

And the term globalism or globalist seems to have nothing to do with economics (now) but has more to do with a debate between pluralism and narrow nationalism. You're a globalist if you don't have seizures upon hearing someone speak Spanish. Republicans don't know what they want. They didn't know they were anti-vax until educated people started telling them vaccines could save lives. Now a picture of Fauci can send them into a rabid frenzy.
    Republicans know exactly what they want, Bronco - WHITE CULTURAL HEGEMONY.

Has nothing to do with racism, has everything to do with the fact that white culture is objectively superior to other cultures. Oh, that IS racism? Sorry.

You know, Democrats, globalists, communists, whatever you want to call them, all they really want is a piece of the American pie without having to work for it. They want to do whatever the fuck they want, and be supported financially by everyone else. That's their full agenda.

What most people consider to be white culture is wrong. White culture is simply living life responsibly. Anyone can participate in white culture, you don't have to be white to do it.

Hallmarks of white culture include educating our children, fostering a strong work ethic, encouraging personal financial responsibility, having a long-term plan, and abiding by an unspoken social contract to treat people decently. You want some of that? All you have to do is get your shit together, move to the suburbs, and stop being an asshole. We don't ask much, but if you move into our neighborhoods and bring the ghetto with you, you're gonna have problems. You're gonna think we're racist. But all we ever wanted you to do was display some class, it never had anything to do with your race.

And that's what racism in the USA really is - class-ism. You can't convince me that there's systemic racism in the USA when we elected a 2-term black President. What does Obama have that's so special? He embraced white culture.

White culture isn't evil or oppressive. In fact it's boring as fuck, it's the most boring culture ever - the end-game is you, at an old-folks home, watching Family Feud, eating canned peaches and nilla wafers, and fading in and out of consciousness. But we like it. We built it, and we like it, and there's nothing wrong with it, and we're tired of being called racists. Like, so tired of it that you're about to find out what white backlash really is in these next two election cycles. Yes, I speak for all white people, I just got out of a Zoom conference with the lot of them.