Post Nonbinary characters are lighting up children's TV, encouraging self-acceptance

Nonbinary characters like 'Gonzo-rella' are lighting up children's TV and encouraging self-acceptance

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/25/enter...cec/index.html

Senior Member Veteran Poster diddyboponTOP's Avatar

Default Re: Nonbinary characters are lighting up children's TV, encouraging self-acceptance

Very unhealthy

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Default Re: Nonbinary characters are lighting up children's TV, encouraging self-acceptance

Agreed!

Senior Member Professional Poster

Non binary babies wearing dresses.......nah, cant rock with it

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    Very unhealthy
    Yup I agree

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Gonzo-rella? I won't even Google that, but just consider myself lucky I was not born in these times. That said, I grew up watching The Woodentops, which I doubt these days would get past the moral police. I wonder what the impact was on my life of Little Weed? There was a time when Gender and Sexuality in childrens stories was subtle or implied rather than explicit, and I think it worked better -think of the stories of Hans Christian Andersen, or the tales of the Brothers Grimm and you can trace the decline.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster DvddyVirgo's Avatar

Nah, i feel like kids are forced to look at these themes too young. They shouldn’t have social pressure in general but putting this on the forefront of their mind isn’t need.

Senior Member Veteran Poster diddyboponTOP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DvddyVirgo View Post
    Nah, i feel like kids are forced to look at these themes too young. They shouldn’t have social pressure in general but putting this on the forefront of their mind isn’t need.
    I agree, like Angie and Brads Daughter that dresses as a boy, When she was born the literally had her dressed in blue, and from then on she was dressed up as a boy it's like she was brainwashed into this lifestyle. Now As I have mentioned I have openly dated TS since age 24 I have no issues with people being who or what they want to be, a lot of girls remember having these feeling around 6 or 7 you have a mind by then but below 2 I'm not buying it, one of my ex's was castrated at 16 on Hormones since 14 and that's fine but parents putting kids on meds at 10 or 11 isn't right it's a very hard lifestyle for anyway at least wait for their minds to be formed.

Senior Member Junior Poster DvddyVirgo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    I agree, like Angie and Brads Daughter that dresses as a boy, When she was born the literally had her dressed in blue, and from then on she was dressed up as a boy it's like she was brainwashed into this lifestyle. Now As I have mentioned I have openly dated TS since age 24 I have no issues with people being who or what they want to be, a lot of girls remember having these feeling around 6 or 7 you have a mind by then but below 2 I'm not buying it, one of my ex's was castrated at 16 on Hormones since 14 and that's fine but parents putting kids on meds at 10 or 11 isn't right it's a very hard lifestyle for anyway at least wait for their minds to be formed.
    Im in the same corner as you, love transwomen I want the opportunity to date one some day, love my sexually open masculine men but it’s too forced on children. I feel like the media makes a big deal of it when it’s not. I’m also wondering about the long term issue of this people change, it’s insane to think a 7 will be thinking the same at 16