Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default The Milan Thread

My apologies to those who read and/or contributed to a thread on Milan that was deleted yesterday, as a lapse in concentration meant that I made one recommendation and linked two websites in violation of the rules.

It is a pity because although Milan is not as attractive a city as Venice, Bologna or Genoa, to name three of my favourites, it does have a lot to offer, from high end to low end shopping, the superb collection of paintings in the Brera collection, and the opera at La Scala -they sell tickets to Galleria I and II on the day if you don't mind queuing for hours, though on the night I went I thought the booing from Galleria I was childish, the singing wasn't that bad. There are also some splendid examples of renassance architecture, the Castello Sforzesco being the most obvious. There are -or were- at least four night clubs of interest to HA members. These details are available on websites but it is up to members to seek them out, and as I think is standard at the moment, Covid restrictions apply, so it may be that unless you live in Italy or have reason to be in Milan, a trip to this fascinating city must be postponed for the future, not right now.

Default Re: The Milan Thread

Milan is the "real" italian capital

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: The Milan Thread

Milan and Rome have been the most obvious places to go to if you want to meet transgendered women. The film star Eva Robin's lives in Bologna, but it doesn't have as large or diverse a scene as the two main cities, and while Naples has its offerings, the place is run down and rough, and in spite of its spectacular geographical location, I would not recommend it to travellers.