Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Australian Tennis Open 2021

Though still too early to predict, I nominate Dominic Thiem as a finalist, possible winner, in the Men's Singles draw, and either Serena Williams or Simona Halep in the Women's. But the impact of Covid-19 quarantine restrictions may benefit younger players.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Austraian Tennis Open 2021

It's too early to predict, but here's my prediction? That reminds me of Yogi Berra's famous line "I never make predictions, especially about the future."

With Djokovic and Nadal both having injury problems Thiem certainly seems to be in with a good chance. Naomi Osaka looks another good chance for the womens' title. Ash Barty also seems to have an injury problem, and Australians don't have a good record at their home open since the 70s.

You seem to have adopted the Aussie pronunciation of Austraia.

Last edited by filghy2; 02-14-2021 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    It's too early to predict, but here's my prediction? That reminds me of Yogi Berra's famous line "I never make predictions, especially about the future."

With Djokovic and Nadal both having injury problems Thiem certainly seems to be in with a good chance. Naomi Osaka looks another good chance for the womens' title. Ash Barty also seems to have an injury problem, and Australians don't have a good record at their home open since the 70s.

You seem to have adopted the Aussie pronunciation of Austraia.
    All good comments -I have a sleepy L on my ageing notebook, hence the absence. It has since woken up, but too late for me to change it, but Australians are robust creatures, so I know you can handle it...

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Though still too early to predict, I nominate Dominic Thiem as a finalist, possible winner, in the Men's Singles draw, and either Serena Williams or Simona Halep in the Women's. But the impact of Covid-19 quarantine restrictions may benefit younger players.
    So much for my prediction! Just as well I didn't put any money on Thiem.

Hmmm, so farewell then, Ms Halep. But can Serena beat Osaka? I think so, but my assessments are not much these days.

Tennis facts -v- Stavros: 6-0, 6-0, Retired -from embarrasment. Ah well, there is always Paris and Wimbledon to look forward to....

Gold Poster

Thiem has a great game so that wasn't a bad pick (nor were any of the others). Tennis isn't the easiest sport to predict but then again none of them are. I woke up early to watch Novak and he was exceptional. It really is amazing to me how Federer, Nadal, and Novak have been able to win so many slams. When Pete retired with 14 this was unimaginable.

I'd love to go to Wimbledon or the Aussie Open. I went to Roland Garros as a kid the first year Bruguera won it and have been to Flushing Meadows. We'll reconvene in Paris but I have a feeling a lot of people will just pick Nadal;.

Between Shemale or Ladyboy Legs Sucking Cock

Default Re: Australian Tennis Open 2021

When Naomi Osaka defeated Jennifer Brady that made me happen. I only watch female tennis and the Australian Open was fabulous!

Cock Worshipper