Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: The Biden Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    I'm still waiting for Liberals to stay true to their word about supporting us POC and stepping down from their various positions in favor of POC...
    I.E., "Walk your talk"....
    I think a bit more detail might help me understand your post/complaint.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Double post, sorry

Last edited by Luke Warm; 1 Week Ago at 07:26 AM.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    I'm still waiting for Liberals to stay true to their word about supporting us POC and stepping down from their various positions in favor of POC...
    I.E., "Walk your talk"....
    I am not aware of any previous promises from liberals to step down from their positions in favor of POC. I’m not saying that this hasn’t occurred, just that I havent heard about this. Are these elected positions? Appointed positions? How would this even work? When someone resigns, they generally are not in charge of naming their replacement. What is an example of a situation where this might be able to happen? Link?

However, we could talk about what has Biden done so far… some things that help ‘everyone’, but in some cases, particularly boost the black community:

Dramatically lowered the price of insulin - should be kicking in around now. I believe blacks in the US are disproportionately affected by diabetes, statistically.

Student loan debt relief, which disproportionately affects minorities. Student debt is a racial justice issue because wealth is generational (a vast amount of wealth is inherited, and blacks were obviously set back in this regard, historically). When Dad can’t pay for your college, you take out loans.

Appointment of the first black woman to the Supreme Court. Representation matters.

The lowest black unemployment rate on record. Black wealth up 60% compared to pre-Covid stats. There are a ton of economic accomplishments at the link, probable none of them are exclusive to blacks, none of them have the word black in their title, but nonetheless many these policies disproportionately affect blacks in a positive way:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...the-country-2/