Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: The Biden Presidency

"In Texas, state Republicans last year enacted new voting laws that require absentee voters to include their driver’s license number, state ID number or the last four digits of their social security number on their applications. Counties then have to match this information with voter profiles to approve them for a mail-in ballot."
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-applications-

So where are those 'Don't Tread one Me' Patriots when the State is imposing itself on the Citizen? Are they marching to Austin, 'locked and loaded'?

Coming next: DNA Samples, Voting in Public by a Show of Hands?

In the UK I fill out a form from the Electoral Registration Office, this puts me on the Register, and about a month or so before an election I get a notice with a card with my name on it. And then I vote. Simple.
    https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    "In Texas, state Republicans last year enacted new voting laws that require absentee voters to include their driver’s license number, state ID number or the last four digits of their social security number on their applications. Counties then have to match this information with voter profiles to approve them for a mail-in ballot."
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-applications-

So where are those 'Don't Tread one Me' Patriots when the State is imposing itself on the Citizen? Are they marching to Austin, 'locked and loaded'?

Coming next: DNA Samples, Voting in Public by a Show of Hands?

In the UK I fill out a form from the Electoral Registration Office, this puts me on the Register, and about a month or so before an election I get a notice with a card with my name on it. And then I vote. Simple.
    https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
    Does it even matter, Stavros? The voting bills are not getting passed, period. Republicans are certainly not going to vote for them, which would normally still leave the Democrats a 51-50 majority. But Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin are real Americans with common sense, not progressive retards trying to get into Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez' pants. So they're sitting at 49-52 with 0 seconds left in the game.

Is this going to stop the Democrats from pushing this legislation anyway? No. They will push it through facing, again, a 100% chance of failure. I guess this is some new kind of political strategy - failing miserably and purposefully. At this point they could probably pass their family leave legislation, their clean energy subsidies, maybe even an expansion of Obamacare. Instead, they want the Big Prize - the right to vote for all the illegal immigrants they've just funneled secretly to strategic districts around the country, ensuring Democratic victories in key November elections. Not gonna happen. The ball is bigger than the hoop. They're going to walk away with empty pockets and a Chinese finger trap.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

And speaking of failing miserably and purposefully, say hello to your 2024 Democratic Presidential candidate:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hildawg.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	1360847

I'm gonna take it you guys are done arguing with me. I completely understand, it's one thing to spout off bullshit statistics and idealistic notions about the way you want things to be, but it's another to confront 24/7 news about a country spiraling out of control, especially when it's specifically because it's being governed by the people you support. I know you guys don't feel like dupes but you are. Woke Progressivism must and will be stopped. It might work where YOU live (or does it?), but it doesn't work in the USA.

Crime and inflation are spiking ad infinitum. Productive citizens are being hacked to death in the streets by low-lifes. The streets of our cities are filled with homeless people, garbage, and literal piles of shit, along with a few cigar butts flicked carelessly out the window by woke prosecutors driving by indifferently.

Don't worry though, we're gonna fix this lame rat-fuck. Americans aren't stupid, they're just easily frightened. The Democrats gained power because a portion of Independents and Republicans voted their way in 2020, behind hating Trump and just plain wanting the Democratic rioting to end. Now that the Democrats have produced their "results," expect the exact opposite in 2022 and 2024.

Soon enough we'll be putting the Democrats back to bed (for the loooooong sleep this time) and cleaning house. Observe and you might learn something. Meanwhile, I'm taking a break from this forum, there's no sense checking in here every day if no one's got anything stupid left to say about how fucking awesome liberalism is. Consider yourselves back on echo-chamber status, enjoy.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    Wow. It's funny when liberals spout off wildly about things they don't know, but it's even funnier when you can just post one link and discredit their entire world view.

https://www.vote.org/absentee-voting-rules/

Also, being incarcerated doesn't mean you are a felon. Also, most felons can vote if they apply for reinstatement of the privilege.

Done with this guy. NEXT!
    Could you at least do everyone the courtesy of skimming the content that you link to you dumb bitch? It literally describes the hoops voters have to jump through to vote absentee. Did you already forget you tried to tell us that people who are incarcerated can vote absentee? If you are in jail or prison on a felony charge, you cannot vote PERIOD in 48 states.

475 cases of election fraud isn't astronomical, but it's a lot. Many of those cases don't involve just one vote either, so your little homemade statistic there is well off the mark.\
    Literal LOL at “isn’t astronomical.” Three ten-thousandths (3/10000) is, by definition, not a lot. But since you seem to know a lot about those individual cases of voter fraud, why don’t you run down each of them, describe how many votes were fraudulently cast, and the statistical significance of each given the relevant voter pool.

By contrast, between 2014-2018, approximately 32 million voters were purged from the voter rolls, a huge increase when compared to the period prior to Shelby and primarily occurring in states that were previously subject to preclearance
    Due to a history of racist voting laws.

Your logic doesn't stand. Disenfranchised blacks have not been disenfranchised because they're black, they've been disenfranchised because they've lost the public's trust.
    Just to be totally clear, this is racism. Next time you’re getting all chuffed because someone called you a racist, try to keep in mind that it’s because you say racist shit like this.

Veteran Poster

Also, most felons can vote if they apply for reinstatement of the privilege.
    This is so awesome I had to come back. First of all, in the United States of America, according the the Constitution, voting is a right, not a privilege.

To be sure, some proportion of felons can "apply for reinstatement." Curiously absent from this breezy assertion is the reality of what proportion of felons actually are able to re-assert their franchise under the burden of the "application" process. Why don't you describe for us the process of re-asserting one's voting rights following a felony conviction in, say, Mississippi or Virginia?

Oh and did you hear the one about how Florida voters repealed felony disenfranchisement, and then the Republican legislature tried to block it, and then the courts told them to fuck off, and then the legislature literally imposed a poll tax on felons in order to thwart the will of the voters? Good times.

Last edited by thombergeron; 01-18-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    Just to be totally clear, this is racism. Next time you’re getting all chuffed because someone called you a racist, try to keep in mind that it’s because you say racist shit like this.

Of course I'm racist, Thom. So are you. You do know there are black people right? And that there are differences in black and white people, right? So you're a racist. The difference in your racism and my racism is, I'm smart enough to know how to help black people become more prosperous and less destructive members of society, and you aren't. Being called a racist doesn't bother me in the slightest, the word has lost all meaning. I'm also a nazi and fascist right? And a white supremacist? And a terrorist? And a murderer?

Are we still talking about the fact that you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to voting rights? I think I pointed out quite a few fallacies in your BOLD statements about voting rights that you've utterly failed to acknowledge in your post. Like, do you still think incarcerated people can't vote? Do you still think it in ALL CAPS?

Also, you just called me a "dumb bitch," Thom. It says in your description there that you joined this forum in 2005, so you can't mathematically be a teenager. Maybe just slow.

Last edited by Nick Danger; 01-18-2022 at 10:26 PM.

Veteran Poster

I'm smart enough to know how to help black people become more prosperous and less destructive members of society, and you aren't.
    Sweetheart, you are not smart by any stretch of the imagination. You are a dumb bigot who lacks the capacity for critical thought. You haven't said a single thing in this thread that 20,000 other mouthbreathers haven't drooled out before you.

Are we still talking about the fact that you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to voting rights? I think I pointed out quite a few fallacies in your BOLD statements about voting rights that you've utterly failed to acknowledge in your post.
    LOL no you didn't you dumb bitch.

Veteran Poster

Imagine being so soft-headed that you actually buy this silly shit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FJaNKh6XsAcLxze.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	1361225

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    Imagine being so soft-headed that you actually buy this silly shit.
    Thom, I'm sorry, I severely over-estimated you. You're simply way too far under my level for me to enjoy humiliating you. Have a nice day.