Default Hi im a young TS

Hi im a young TS myself - danish - Im considering visiting Bangkok and especially Pattaya (when everything opens up)
    Would that be a bad idea, as im a TS myself?
    Or anything special I should have in mind or be aware of?
    hope anyone can help me just a bit

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Hi im a young TS

Thailand is a beautiful country but when I talked to Susi Villa about her trip here she was a bit put off. That being said, different strokes for different folks,

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

so I shouldent go myself?

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

I wouldn't recommend it.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Make sure you're very aware of their laws

Thanks for your help guys, I will hav to figure out where in the world a good place will be then?!

Senior Member Junior Poster

What is the purpose of your trip? Why Pattaya? I've been around Thailand. I think you will like it.

I would just like to be in a more TS friendly environment

Senior Member Junior Poster transeeker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    I would just like to be in a more TS friendly environment
    Thailand is a wonderful country to visit. For the foreign tourist there is a good choice of hotels and places to eat and wonderful things to see - and all this inexpensively. It is Transgender friendly for sure and you will have no problems if you go there as a regular tourist. However, you may know that Pattaya in particular is heavily associated with the sex industry. In other words, most tourists there are men and they all go for the same thing. If that doesn't sound appealing to you, there are plenty of other nice places to go in Thailand.

If it's a good beach you want, I would recommend Ko Samui where you can sunbathe and tour around in the day and go to some good night spots afterwards. Be it Ko Samui or other place however, I would be concerned for your security if you ventured into certain types of clubs and bars at night as a lot them are run on a "stable" basis. i.e. they are headed up by a mamasan who controls the activities of the girls. Before they leave with a 'customer' they have to pay a bar fine to the mamasan.

You may be asking what has this got to do with me? The answer is: nothing as long as you are not perceived as competition to the girls, i.e. a threat to business. I would guess however, that as a young white trans girl, it would be an uncomfortable experience. You don't really give the reason for wanting to go there but if it is to date or just hang out with regular people, there are regular clubs that are not associated with the sex workers and if that's your thing then you will find them with a little research. Otherwise if you are looking for something more profitable than regular dating, then maybe tinder would be better (along with the implied risks ).

Lastly, if it's possible for you to be around people you can trust and stay safe with, it would be by far the best scenario for a visit to any popular destination in Thailand.

Stay safe and good luck!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Is Denmark not TS friendly? I'd say there is Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, Ko Samui, and Chiang Mai where English speaking is prevalent and there is a lot of nightlife. Ko Samui and Phuket both have nice beaches if you're into that. If you wanna visit the US, I'd suggest the west coast (LA, Vegas, SF, and San Diego). The thing with California is it's hard to do much if you only have a short period of time because it's spread out and traffic. I'd be happy to show you around. I've been curious to travel to Denmark and some of the European countries around Denmark.