Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Default Re: Covid-19 Politics

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I haven't shared this but I've worked a lot on myself in the last five years and one thing I've worked on is my emotional reactions to things and trying to be less self-righteous or worked up over things other people say.

Still...can you not say stuff like this? It's not just that I don't think your reasons for being upset are legit, it's that this talk about considering violent acts of terrorism or murder if you could get away with it is unbelievably creepy and as you say evil.

We have too many instances of people working themselves into a violent frenzy and thinking they can justify anything. Get control of yourself.
    I'm reminded of the Brad Pitt quote from the movie Fury. "Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

But I'm not a violent person at all. Even in my younger years when I was full of vim, I would usually be the peacemaker in a situation, certainly not an instigator.

I wouldn't worry about me, Bronco. Worst-case scenario I knock out some mask nazi at the grocery store and do a couple weeks in jail. Though I will say that during the liberal riots, I made a considered decision that if I saw a large group of angry protestors on MY street, I was going to mow them all down from the comfort of my second-story window first and find out what they were doing there later.

I'm not trying to justify myself. I know it would be wrong and churlish to beat some prick wearing a Bernie Sanders shirt and carrying extra masks in his pocket to within an inch of his life, and that's not what's going to happen. But...some days, and some people, really try my patience, which is not infinite.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    It's called Natural Selection, Stavros. The people who have died were weak homo sapiens - weak immune systems, weak lungs. Now they're out of the gene pool and mankind is stronger for it. It's been happening for hundreds of thousands of years and it's going to keep happening until we blow ourselves up.
    It's interesting that you take umbrage at any suggestion that your might be a fascist, yet you are happy to echo Nazi theories about eliminating weak and degenerate elements from the population. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_eugenics

filghy2 Silver Poster

I wouldn't worry about me, Bronco. Worst-case scenario I knock out some mask nazi at the grocery store and do a couple weeks in jail.
    Has it occurred to you that the person you are so casually thinking of assaulting would most likely be some lowly employee just doing what they've been told to do because they need the money? You really are a self-centred, amoral scumbag.

Weren't you supposed to be going off for a break? What are you waiting for - a farewell ceremony in your honour? Well, here you are.
    https://i.giphy.com/media/lHG3hUhmrvTwI/giphy.webp

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Has it occurred to you that the person you are so casually thinking of assaulting would most likely be some lowly employee just doing what they've been told to do because they need the money? You really are a self-centred, amoral scumbag.

Weren't you supposed to be going off for a break? What are you waiting for - a farewell ceremony in your honour? Well, here you are.
    https://i.giphy.com/media/lHG3hUhmrvTwI/giphy.webp
    Why would I punch a clerk, Flighty, he’s just doing his job. I’m talking about the REAL busybodies. Anyone who can actually look me in the eye and insist I wear a mask deserves whatever he gets, trust me.

And I will take a break, Flighty. As soon as you say “Trump is my daddy.”

filghy2 Silver Poster

“Trump is my daddy.”
    Well that would account for all the similarities in personality traits

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Dare one hope that when he is in Germany and a policeman tells him to wear a mask there is a video of what happens when Nigel accuses him of being a ‘mask Nazi’? A friend of mine was told her cloth mask was unacceptable in the restaurant we we’re going to, but as I had a spare N95 we were allowed in.

Masks are freedom. Wear a mask and you are free to go wherever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Dare one hope that when he is in Germany and a policeman tells him to wear a mask there is a video of what happens when Nigel accuses him of being a ‘mask Nazi’? A friend of mine was told her cloth mask was unacceptable in the restaurant we we’re going to, but as I had a spare N95 we were allowed in.

Masks are freedom. Wear a mask and you are free to go wherever you want.
    That’s good advice, Stavros. But no worries, I follow rules because I’m a law-abiding citizen. However, when it’s not a rule, but you want me to wear one anyway because you’re a virtue-signaling sack of dogshit? Prepare for disappointment, humiliation, and nightmares about the flames shooting out of my eyes. At a minimum.

filghy2 Silver Poster

I think you need to enrol here ASAP
    https://anger-management-classes.net...t.-george.html

I think you need to enrol here ASAP
    https://anger-management-classes.net...t.-george.html
    Man, you don’t even know, Flighty. My problem is I’m spoiled. I spend almost all my time in St. George or a small town you’ve never heard of just outside of Nashville. Either place, we mock Covid rules.

So when I venture out into Liberal Land it’s always culture shock.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Gold Poster

Honestly it sounds like you want to beat up some hipster who doesn't know how to fight back. It could just be a guy whose wife has cancer or who himself has lupus who wants you to be considerate. Yeah, who needs New York, LA, or San Francisco when you have St. George Utah. What would this country do without that hub of economic activity and culture?