Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: Covid-19 Politics

You miserable old git!

Wth the government clapping them all with one hand and fucking them over with the other, the hypocracy of it all is starting to wear a bit thin, over here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    P.S. I know I’ve become a cranky old fuck, because when the people on my block bang their pots and pans (everyday at 7PM) for healthcare workers, it annoys the living shit out of me.
    I think a solid week of that is probably enough. I’m sure some of them are trying to watch TV also...lol.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    You miserable old git!

Wth the government clapping them all with one hand and fucking them over with the other, the hypocracy of it all is starting to wear a bit thin, over here, too.
    Get Outta my yard you damn kids!...lol.
    Yeah, they’re going to eventually have to cut away some of the work force here in NYC , because the budget’s been mismanaged for so long - so much for ‘essential workers’.

On a note of a different kind - here’s something interesting https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/southern-...d-19-1.4906249

unfortunately they’re talking only about strains high in CBD , but low in THC......can’t have everything.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Wouldn't you be happy. They can save your life after a 90 day battle of being higher than Cheech and Chong. Are my movie references dated?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Are my movie references dated?
    No my friend, Cheech and Chong are timeless !

(Tried to post a GIF but I’m too stupid..lol)

Last edited by fred41; 05-22-2020 at 04:46 AM.

I give up.
    (I also forgot why you can’t delete a post either...maybe that potential Covid cure isn’t for me..so much mental scar tissue...)

Last edited by fred41; 05-22-2020 at 04:52 AM.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Its got me this, far so you never know!

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post

On a note of a different kind - here’s something interesting https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/southern-...d-19-1.4906249

unfortunately they’re talking only about strains high in CBD , but low in THC......can’t have everything.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Two critiques-
    This one on the managerial failings of the UK Government by Sir Paul Nurse-
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9527746.html

This from an American who doesn't like Andy-
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...us-catastrophe

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    This from an American who doesn't like Andy-
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...us-catastrophe
    Thanks for posting that Stavros. I had read that article from the Guardian when it was posted on Yahoo. I agree with most of it, but with reservations.

During this pandemic, as the writer suggests, Governor Cuomo ‘seemed’ on top of his game because he gave the image: the calming, on-top-of-things, presence that people often need in a crisis. Basically the alpha male - someone who sounds like they know how to lead. But many times alpha males, as we see before a crisis (and afterwards in hindsight), are quite often just douchebags...and Cuomo is a D-Bag in every sense of the word. He always was, which is why some people in his own party can’t stand him. He’s often as ham fisted and thin skinned as the man in the White House, but he’s slightly smarter and, whether good or bad, somewhat better at being a politician (though just as corrupt) and, at times, better at actually being a leader. He’s going to eventually have to account for the things he and Mayor DeBlasio (a whole different type of D-Bag) did and said at the on set of this pandemic, that caused things to be worse than they should’ve been - quite possibly by a lot! This is where she actually agrees with the nemesis -Fox News.

Funny thing is, I actually believe that some, not all or even most, of the problems were caused because of the hate between himself and the Mayor. Because of that, Cuomo often takes the opposite stance of DeBlasio , just to show who’s boss. But, every now and then, about as often as we have a solar eclipse, Mayor Bill is correct and Governor Andy will have to back track and change his mind. That’s not all there is to it - especially when you read the author’s assertion that Cuomo didn’t seem to read the State’s Pandemic Plan.

Where I disagree with the author is, in the implication that things would have been better, if only he had listened to the progressives that the people of this State put in office. Depending on where you sit in the political spectrum of things, Cuomo is either a moderate or very liberal (as his Father was). My opinion is, based on past practice, Cuomo is more moderate. It’s what helped get him elected as Governor in the first place. But I believe that he always had his sights on the White House, so he had to get his left wing creds...which is why all of a sudden he’s super green, even when the policies aren’t rational and cause even more job and energy losses for the rest of the State. For instance - you can’t close a power plant just because it’s Nuclear Energy, when you don’t allow anything thing else presently feasible to take it’s place. You can’t allow a bail reform package to pass through the legislature, when it wasn’t well thought out, and basically opens the Court House door, releasing some serious predators back to the streets. These are things that happen when he actually does work hand in hand with his elected progressives. Also, regardless of what the author thinks, New York City does need more private schools. Statistically, private schools aren’t always better in the rest of the country...but they are in poor neighborhoods in NYC. Actually fixing the public education system would be preferred, but children have to live and learn in the Present world ...and in that world, right now...private schools are often better for them. Better schools, whether private or public, educate to make better and more productive people, which helps keep the prisons emptier...and isn’t that what most politicians should want?

All these things are issues better debated in their own threads, but again - for the most part, an excellent article. roughly a third of the countries caseload and deaths took place in New York. Another large percentage of those deaths came from nursing homes. Governor Cuomo’s going to have to answer for that.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/1965...analysis-from/

All the work Cameron did to bring down the debt - UNDONE.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/22/...-culture-clash

Wasteman.

Probbaly hates trans people coz a TS babe he picked up in Carnival didn't fuck him as good as he wanted.