Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 94954555657585960616263 LastLast

Default Re: Covid-19 Politics

The vaccines have failed. Many are claiming it is safe when the VAERS and Pfizer data say otherwise. How can you call these mRNA shots a success when many are on their 4th shot in 2 years?

It is also hard to ignore all of the reports coming to the forefront regarding myocarditis, excess mortality of the fully vaccinated, rise in cancer cases of the fully vaccinated, and the sudden deaths of so many athletes.

Between 2002 and 2010, Pfizer was fined $3 billion in criminal convictions, civil penalties and jury awards, including a $2.3 billion fine in 2009, the then-largest health care fraud fine in American history. In 2011, Pfizer paid $14.5 million to settle charges of illegal marketing, and in 2014 they settled charges relating to unlawful marketing of the kidney transplant drug Rapamune to the tune of $35 million.

For those that have already been boosted, what are you hoping to gain at this point? There seems to be no clear upside with a lot of potential downside to getting this shot.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hi Stavros hope all is well .
    The new Pfiser booster can be taken 4 months after your previous vaccination or booster shot , in my case after my 2nd Pfiser booster.
    Stavros says it all, my vaccinations "have not failed "me !

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

China slams new WHO report suggesting further investigation into Covid ‘lab leak’ theory
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...eory-rcna32910
    You mean politics like the WHO changing it's tune?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Gold Poster

I just signed up to get the moderna bivalent booster vaccine a week from today. The vaccines are being updated under the same regulatory protocol that allows companies to update flu vaccines annually as the flu virus produces new variants. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Gov. Kathy Hochul lifts MTA, commuter rail mask requirement

https://nypost.com/2022/09/07/gov-ka...k-requirement/

Powerful division’ among public health leaders over how to pivot Covid-19 messaging

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/06/healt...ing/index.html

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    Gov. Kathy Hochul lifts MTA, commuter rail mask requirement
    https://nypost.com/2022/09/07/gov-ka...k-requirement/

Powerful division’ among public health leaders over how to pivot Covid-19 messaging
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/06/healt...ing/index.html
    When I was in Germany in July masks were, and as far as I know, still are required on all forms of public transport.

I don't see the difference between medicine and public health, but a holistic view which tries to understand the dynamic relationship of the two.

As for health professionals being threatened with murder, this is lunacy, but a sad reflection of the fact that a former, but ignorant President failed to shoulder his responsibility for public policy, and contributed to the now almost constant attacks on law and order. How the US declined to such a condition of violence, ignorance and threat is not an easy question to answer, and how it repairs the damage when so many people still refuse to accept both the science and the public health dimensions of Covid I do not know.

I have been in an out of hospital in the last month or so and we are obliged to wear masks throughout the building, unless admitted as a patient. And even then a mask is required when leaving the ward for, say, x-ray or some other department.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I just signed up to get the moderna bivalent booster vaccine a week from today. The vaccines are being updated under the same regulatory protocol that allows companies to update flu vaccines annually as the flu virus produces new variants. I'll let you know how it goes.
    I had the shot on Tuesday evening and it was my first shot from Moderna. My previous shots and boosters were all pfizer. It also is the first shot that is formulated to protect against Omicron (specifically Ba.5).

With the pfizer shots I had headache, sore arm, and with the second booster swollen lymph nodes under my arm pit. My reaction this time was slightly more intense in that I had very sore arm and pretty bad nausea. It was the first shot I felt a little bit sick with yesterday but I feel fine today other than the sore arm.

Eventually we'll get some good data on how effective the new shot is in preventing infection. We know having two shots plus boosters protects against hospitalization and death pretty well, but we'll see how much better the Moderna shot is at preventing infection. The animal data they have indicates it produces a greater antibody response to ba.5 than the previous shots and that's good bc ba.5 is more genetically related to the variants circulating (some of which are ba.5).

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I had the Moderna booster last Thursday and it hit me for six, and then my annual flu jab on Saturday, so I have been sleeping for most of the last four days, and this morning tested positive for Covid after telling a friend about an unusually sore throat. I do have an underlying condition with regard to my kidney problems, and I think the positive test is more a consequence of that and the booster and the flu jab combined, so I would not caution anyone against having the Moderna vaccine. I have been lucky in the last two years, until today. And it is something that can be dealt with easily, annoying as it.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Glad you're alive and in stalwart sprits...Otherwise that would have made my last post seem a tad insensitive!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!