Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Covid-19 Politics

The public enquiry into the Govt's management of the Covid Pandemic is not revealing many surprises, though it is probably torture for the officials having to admit they bungled it. It will be interesting, when it can be done, to compare the views of the medical professionals with the politicians. Meanwhile, leaked WhatsApp messages and those shown at the Enquiry expose the shambles at the heart of Government, this one from the Cabinet Secretary a concise condemnation of the idiot we had as Prime Minister (first seen in the Live reports in The Guardian). You may need to open the image in a new tab to read it.

Rachel Wearmouth on X: "A WhatsApps between Cabinet Secretary Simon Case & Boris Johnson's ex-adviser Dominic Cummings, & other messages between Case and former comms chief Lee Cain Suggests govt was in chaos during Covid https://t.co/mpJhEvICy5" / X (twitter.com)

The Live reports from the Covid Enquiry are compelling to read. This morning we learn that Downing St was told a lockdown was essential but did not announce it for 10 days. We learn Boris Johnson was useless at making decisions and went on holiday for 2 weeks in mid-February, and some of this is important because those who write for the Telegraph and The Spectator and other 'Conservative' type outlets, are focusing on the argument there was no need for lockdowns, given that their attempts to prove vaccinations either don't work or cause more harm has no scope or truthfulness.

Reports are here-
    (1) No 10 staff realised full lockdown was necessary 10 days before it was announced, inquiry hears – UK politics live (theguardian.com)

Gold Poster

I find it gobsmacking that the main news channels are covering it live without a bleeper for the explicit language spoken from transcripts of the WhatsApp messages.

Quote Originally Posted by rodinuk View Post
    I find it gobsmacking that the main news channels are covering it live without a bleeper for the explicit language spoken from transcripts of the WhatsApp messages.
    Channel 4 News bleeped out the offending words, and not only were they offensive, it is worth noting that having referred to a woman working in the Downing St operation as a C***, Cummings then shrugged his shoulders to say he said worse things about the men. And for good reason too I think. But when I worked for a well known multi-national there was an ethical code, and the kind of language used in No 10 would have got people sacked where I worked, and anyway, I would not use that kind of language at any time, and there were times of tension.

The saddest thing, is that I don't think many people are surprised at the crudity, the dysfunctional department, the petty vindictiveness, the ego wars, just how out of touch with real people these exalted nobodies were. And where are they now?

A useful summary of yesterday's trip through the 'orgy of narcissism' that was Boris Johnson's Downing St...

Eight shocking revelations from Cummings and Cain at the Covid inquiry | Covid inquiry | The Guardian

I wonder what we would learn if we had the same documentation from the Trump White House re Covid -?

Another grim day in the Covid Enquiry, where we learn not that the Prime Minister and his Cabinet have, in Michael Gove's words 'had enough of experts', but that they didn't understand what they were saying anyway. Boris Johnson cannot understand elementary graphs, Rishi Sunak claims the experts did not warn him his 'Eat Out to Help Out' would spread Covid rather than restrict it, and allegedly on the victims 'let them die'. Even when you factor in the inexperience with a major public health incident like Covid, the inability or unwillingness of Politicians to make tough decisions is fundamental to what went wrong, their press conferences at times just a pack of lies, just as they banned people from gathering together while they partied hard.

How Patrick Vallance’s explosive diaries exposed Covid chaos inside No 10 | Patrick Vallance | The Guardian

President of Russia Veteran Poster Vladimir Putin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Have also been offered a Shingles jab which I shall accept as I had an attack a few years ago.
    I had my two shingles shots in 2020 right before and after the start of the Covid-19 pandemic.