Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Do People Know You're Into Trans Women?

My question for the guys here is do the people in your lives -- friends, family members, coworkers, etc. -- know that you're attracted to, date, sleep with trans women?

If no, why not? And, if the answer is yes, thought it would be worthwhile to share how that came about, what reactions you received, etc.

For me, the answer is yes.

When I was younger, I never really hid who I was sleeping with or dating ATM, but also left things open to interpretation. Then, I was seeing a girl who was an avid blogger (it was the LiveJournal/MySpace era) who often wrote about trans issues. After she met a bunch of my friends at a party, a couple of them read her blog and later asked me oblique questions implying they knew she was trans (things like "hey, do you know about her past?" and "what's up with her?"). I responded, "yup, why do you ask?" After a few initial discussions, and probably the subject of gossip for a while, I never had any issues and the topic never came up again.

Similarly, when I was in my first serious LTR with a trans woman from 21 to 24, I brought her home to meet my parents for the holidays, to family barbecues, birthdays, etc. In talking to my GF, my folks noticed some atypical things about her past, guessed that she was trans, and then individually asked us a few awkward but well-intentioned questions later. After that, they were supportive and have never again batted an eye when I introduce them to a current GF.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

Default Re: Do People Know You're Into Trans Women?

No. It's not their business what I do.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Yes, all my friends know.
    I've been happily married for more than 20 years, then fate separate us.
    About 2 years ago I met a Transsexual girl, we fell in love and we are a couple since then.
    I'm a "super conservative" man under some aspects of life, but I've always thought of trans women as normal, real women, and this wasn't a secret for nobody, even for my wife.
    Now I feel happy with my fiancé, and honestly I really do NOT mind if someone disagree with my choice.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by holzz View Post
    No. It's not their business what I do.
    Assuming you date transwomen in the romantic sense, does that mean you ask, expect or prefer that a girlfriend or wife hides her trans status and/or avoid introducing her to friends, family, coworkers, etc.?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca81 View Post
    Assuming you date transwomen in the romantic sense, does that mean you ask, expect or prefer that a girlfriend or wife hides her trans status and/or avoid introducing her to friends, family, coworkers, etc.?
    i dont tell my family what i like. but in the event i'd date, then yes i would tell them. i know it's wrong not to.

I don't go shouting it from roof tops, but if someone were to ask, I'd be 100% honest about it.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Rookie Poster

A few people do. Not everyone because its none of their business.

I told my ex wife about my interests and she just never really got past it. However, my new GG girlfriend is very supportive.

If I get really close to people, then I will open up and share a little, but I still feel its not really most peoples business what I do in the bedroom

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by sissyhubbyVT; 04-01-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Yes. It's 2020 come on... my gf went with me and my family to Maui for two weeks over the summer.. Only thing off limits is work.. Do I bring up my business to strangers or acquaintances? Absolutely not... It's none of their business.. It's not my job to spook my gf to others.. She's not a fetish to me..

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

queer slut Junior Poster

My last gg gf knew about it. I frequently attend fetlife munches in my area, so they obviously know because it's in my profile.

Junior Poster

My cis girlfriend knows I'm attracted to trans women and have been with them in the past, and she is cool with it. She's the first of my cis gfs with whom I've felt comfortable enough to tell. For about the past year or so, I've been openly talking about trans issues on my Twitter, so I think some of my friends & acquaintances might know. However like other posters itt have said, it's no one's business, but I'm not gonna lie about it if directly asked.