Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Default Re: Coronavirus

^^

In Jan, China and WHO stated "no indication of human to human transmission" which was a complete false statement. Any travel restriction back then would have NOT been supported. Anywhere. Even Pres Trump's restriction was met with cries of racism and xenophobia.

It was only Later that other countries realized the true nature of this virus and by then it had already spread around the world. and THEN, WHO says, human to human transmission is possible.

That's the way it is. It started in China who lied and covered up for months while quietly allowing infected chinese to fly all over the world. There is no way we or anyone else could have prevented this. Only china could have and they chose not to do so.

I do not trust anything coming out of the chicom govt. They have and will lie about this until the end of days because to admit the truth would cause a massive loss of face and completely open them up to world sanctions or worse.

There are no bat caves in Wuhan. The chinese "batman" got his test subjects from a desolate area some 400 miles away from the city. It didn't materialize out something already in Wuhan, it was brought in and got out - somehow.

If you went to believe the lies coming from china and the false press elsewhere, that's your right. I have not and will not.

0 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Paladin; 05-24-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

You mght want to re-visit the timeline, and accept that in December the Chinese were trying to understand what this novel viral illness was, and that over the course of the month it became clear that it was a new strain of the Corona virus. That they were able to create a genome sequence of the virus by early January but it was not precisely clear that human-to-human transmission was a fact, is part of the uncomfortable fact that a virus of this kind does not present itself fully formed but its morphology only becomes clearer over time- and yet, because of their prior experience with SARS, the Chinese, Taiwanese and South Korean governments took immediate action of the kind that could have been taken in the US (and the UK where I live). We have discussed this in previous posts.
    It is just as tragic for China that thousands have died and hundreds of thousands have been infected with who knows what long term effects? Yes, the Communist Party has a lot to answer for, but each government in the world has powers to use when things go wrong, and it may be that the Party in China has lost a degree of respect from the people which may yet emerge in ways the Party is scared of, indeed, this may be one reason why it wants to introduce a new law in Hong Kong, to demonstrate to all that they are not going to give up power, and that liberal reforms are not on the agenda.

The more important issue, outside domestic policy in the US, UK and elsewhere, is how we manage our relationship with the environment, and leave wild animals alone, rather than bring them to the table. We need a concerted international effort to change the diets of some people, and that is no easy thing to do. And create as much as can be done, a more hygienic food environment in our markets and stores.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Think! Fl and NY have very close overall population densities, but NY has more than 7x the number of cases.

Bullshit. Nowhere in Florida is as densely populated as New York City.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Bullshit. Nowhere in Florida is as densely populated as New York City.
    Did I state FL and NY CITY were close in pop density???

NO I stated that NY (state) and FL are close in pop density.

Having lived in NY and NYC, I always make a very clear distinction between the city and state. If i didn't write NYC or New York City, then I am referring to the state of New York.

Is that clear enough for you?

And the City of Miami Beach (not the city of Miami) is about as dense as NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    You mght want to re-visit the timeline, and accept that in December the Chinese were ...
    I'm not accepting Anything coming from the chicoms as fact. They lied about this from before the beginning.

It's a plain fact that they allowed international travel Out fro Wuhan to the rest of the world but blocked ALL travel from Wuhan to any other part of china. That ALONE speak volumes as to their intentions.

As to your prior comments regarding brandishing "battlefield weapons", those were not battlefield weapons, you should take the time to learn the difference. Further, citizens in this country have a constitutional right to Keep and Bear arms.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

So what purpose does an Ak-47 serve, on the streets of Lansing, Michigan? To repel an invasion of the People's Liberation Army -the Chinese one, not the Proud Boys or the Patriotic Front [sic]- ?

An armed militia in 1791 means something different in 2020 -in 1791 the US was still under threat of invasion by the British (who did return in 1812). Now the US has law enforcement, a 'National Guard', and a standing army, air force, navy and intelligence services -for citizens to parade in the streets with battlefield weapons is a flagant insult to the rule of law and a violation of the Constitution. Terrorism is illegal in the USA, and it is time for the Government to confiscate weapons of mass destruction.

You need bread to live, not a gun.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

They are NOT AK-47s and are not what you refer to as "battlefield weapons".

Did I state FL and NY CITY were close in pop density???

NO I stated that NY (state) and FL are close in pop density.

Having lived in NY and NYC, I always make a very clear distinction between the city and state. If i didn't write NYC or New York City, then I am referring to the state of New York.

Is that clear enough for you?

And the City of Miami Beach (not the city of Miami) is about as dense as NYC.
    Yes, it's clear that you're cherry-picking statistics, downvoting everyone else's posts, and trolling hard.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Yes, it's clear that you're cherry-picking statistics, downvoting everyone else's posts, and trolling hard.
    Been here a lot longer than you.

Been here a lot longer than you.
    So? That has nothing to do with the topic. And if you want to play stupid games, I have more posts than you.