Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

TS Dominatrix Junior Poster AlexisDVyne's Avatar

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by holzz View Post
    From what I see, the EU is banning travel.

Just a question to any girls here - has business gone down? Most big cities in Europe are being locked down. I know London has been a ghost town lately. Hard times i know, but we'll all pull through.
    Definitely.. 50% and climbing.. once they lock everything down there will be little to nothing at all..

I do cam sessions, phone sessions, custom videos.. But if EVERYONE is locked down that'll be meager too I'm sure..

In Canada I estimate 1 week to lock down.. 2 at the most..

A little part of me wants to entertain the theory that this was intentional to let authoritarian & nationalist regimes enact martial law..

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/AlexisDVyne

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisDVyne View Post
    Personally I think it's quite serious..

Health wise, my lungs are atypical and this could be very bad if I get it. I'm vaccinated against most types of pneumonia but this is a viral one with no vaccine as of yet..

Most things fail to kill me tho and make me suffer horribly for days or weeks instead.. It's been many years since I had a lung infection tho..

Financially this is going to be a DISASTER!

Let the billionaires bail out their own shit tho! Don't use tax dollars for that!
    'the coronavirus is just the pin, the debt bubble is the problem'

Junior Poster

onlyfans to the rescue

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

TS Dominatrix Junior Poster AlexisDVyne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBest View Post
    onlyfans to the rescue
    Unfortunately this isn't going to work very good..

I don't use it but the people I know that do have seen a decrease not an increase from this..

There's also thousands of people piling in at the same time all trying to get subscribers..

The only one making good money is onlyfans..

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/AlexisDVyne

Junior Member Rookie Poster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3csz1vg - Information on the virus and what is being done to combat it from the BBC

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/ - detailed dashboard to follow all the fun.

Last edited by Ripjags; 03-18-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

when this is over, if the us does not make better decisions, this is the end of the pax americana and china will officially run this world.

-----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisDVyne View Post
    I don't use it but the people I know that do have seen a decrease not an increase from this..
    People probably don't want to spend money on non-essentials when they are uncertain about what the future will bring. There will be more people at home with time on their hands, but they won't necessarily have money to spend.

Some helpful information from reliable and qualified sources:

SARS-CoV-2 / CoVID-19

SARS – Severe acute respiratory syndrome
    MERS – Middle eastern respiratory syndrome
    nCoV – Novel Coronavirus
    SARS-CoV – the virus that caused SARS
    SARS-CoV-2 – The virus that is causing the current outbreak
    CoVID-19 – Clinical syndrome caused by this coronavirus

Coronavirus:

Is a group of viruses that have a halo/crown-like appearance when viewed with microscope.

CoVID19:

is a new disease and we are still learning how it spreads, the severity of illness it causes, and to what extent it may spread. What is below includes what we know so far.

Clinical manifestations of CoVID19:

• CoVID-19 onsets around 1 week (average of 5 days) after infection. Longer than 14 days onset is very rare. Research (March 2020) shows that the median incubation period was estimated to be 5.1 days (95%), and 97.5% of those who develop symptoms will do so within 11.5 days of infection. à Based on this data, suggested quarantine window of 14 seems adequate for CoVID19. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/32150748

• Flu is characterized by abrupt onset of fever, when CoVID 19 evolves more gradually

• Lower respiratory illness (pneumonia) is more common with elderly, and those with chronic medical conditions (e.g. hypertension, diabetes).

• At this point, CoVID 19 in children is less severe. No deaths observed in children under 10 in China from CoVID 19 (this also may be due because we provide more medical attention to children with fever).

• Fever and cough are the most common symptoms (80% of cases), and some develop shortness of breath (30%)

• Current mortality estimates for CoVID19 are between 0.5% - 3%. This is confounded because of lack of serology and not being able to test everybody. It is assumed that the number of people infected is greater than what is reported, hence the estimations could be lower, but probably higher than the flue.

• CoVID19 appears to have peak infectivity during symptomatic period, but transmission from asymptomatic people have been documented.

• Research from Chinese Experience https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2762130

Out of 72,000 patients (100%):
    - 81% were mild cases of CoVID19
    - 14% severe
    - 5% critical
    o mortality rates increasing with age (>70 – 90 years of age)
    o No deaths occurred in the group aged 9 years and younger.

Treatment:

• There is not proven CoVID19 treatment at this point. Treatment is relying on supportive care (= Monitoring and maintaining oxygenation/gas exchange and providing assisted ventilation where necessary, treating co-infections etc.)

• However, many drugs (used for other infections and medical conditions) are currently being studied in a vast number of clinical trials and are showing good results.

• CoVID19 Vaccines have been already submitted for clinical trials

• Immunity (some anecdotal and some questionable cases of re-infections at this point). At this point, it is likely that people develop immunity to this particular “brand” of SARS-CoV-2, until the virus mutates. This is the case of the flue as well, and it explains why people need to get annual vaccine shots from the flue: as the flue virus mutates, the vaccines adapts.

Prevention:

• Most upper respiratory pathogens are primary transmitted through droplets that can settle within 2 meters between people (generated by coughing, sneezing, talking, singing…etc.):Person to person spread. SARS-CoV-2 is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.

• It is possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nsmission.html

• To protect yourself from infection in the community, hand hygiene is the most important measure:

o Soap (any kind) and water works the best – 20 seconds hand wash
    o If you don´t have water/soap, alcohol gels are good as well
    o Decontamination of surfaces (cleaning) of highly touched surfaces (door knobs, light switches…etc.).

• Routine use of medical mask to protect yourself is generally unnecessary (medical masks are designed to prevent transmission from a surgeon to an open wound/or to an immunodeficient person etc., not to protect the mask wearer from droplet pathogens).

• When sick, wearing a medical mask can be effective to prevent transmission to others (e.g. if living in a household in quarantine with a confirmed case).

• Avoid crowds, prolonged contact with sick in enclosed spaces, unnecessary travels/movements

• Do not go to clinics and hospitals, to protect those who are the most vulnerable.

• Sleep well (lack of sleep increases your vulnerability to infections)

• Don´t smoke

• Avoid Alcohol

Policies:

• Flattening the curve refers to using protective practices to slow the rate of CoVID-19 infection so hospitals have room, supplies and doctors for all of the patients who need care. By doing so, it assures good medical assistance to vulnerable population from CoVID19 but also ensures that those who really need medical support can access it (from many other medical conditions: cancer, HIV, surgeries, chronic diseases…etc.).

• “Social distancing” is currently the most important factor we can control in the CoVID-19 outbreak.

Some reliable sources of information:

• Global situation: Gives a highlight of the current trends
    Situation reports from WHO (updated daily)
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...uation-reports

• How to protect yourself / symptoms /general questions:
    CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention) – CoVID19 – How to protect yourself / If you think you are sick
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

• CoVID19 – Protect yourself
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...ronavirus-2019

Member Rookie Poster

If this research comes to fruition we will all be better off https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...vaccine-619101

filghy2 Silver Poster

Unfortunately, you might be right. Credit markets have started to seize up, which is what triggered the financial crisis in 2008. Market interest rates are rising when they should be falling because the economy is weakening. This may be another boom that turns out to be built on quicksand.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.