Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    You not being on the left is not a loss to anyone .
    I gotta say this made me laugh.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Your President is going to be judged by how well he controlled outbreaks, not by what Sean Hannity and you have to say.
    I don't understand this thing about calling it: "Your President". I understand if the other guy said it since he is Australian or I don't know where the hell he is from, but you my man. You are an American. Whether you like it or not, HE IS YOUR PRESIDENT TOO. So please don't be silly!

The reason I didn't mention your wall of articles is that it looks like you copied it from someone else and I'm not able to see them or the dates.
    What a convenient way to run away from a topic! I need to remember to use this in the future.

Further, you didn't respond to a single part of my argument on the last page. How does a travel ban help when you already have thousands of undetected cases in your country? How does it help when you have more cases than the countries whose people you're banning?
    It does help because it stops new cases from adding up to the load. It stops from having to trace new infections or having new pockets of infection spur up. This is the same thing as isolating patients. A patient can deal with his own virus load, but if they have other patients next to them, breading on them, giving them more virus loads, then their immune system may succumb. This is why HIV-positive patients are discouraged from having sex with other HIV-positive partners without protection. Your system does not need new loads to deal with, the same way the US does not need new infections from other countries now. Better seal off you territory and

filghy2 Silver Poster

We have yet another self-proclaimed independent who won't say a bad word about Trump, is only interested in creating smokescreens and refuses to engage in any meaningful discussion. This is Mr Fanti all over again. At least Mr Fanti didn't stoop to juvenile insults. And the aptly-named drongo seems like peejaye all over again - he's been busy down-voting my posts for months now because I called him out for calling people 'faggot'.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

He's the President but I didn't vote for him and frankly I don't believe you when you say you didn't. That was my way of saying you're a partisan where my only interest is in seeing him do a competent and professional job. If he did that I'd give him credit.

He doesn't even seem to know that viruses are treated with anti-virals rather than antibiotics. He told people at one point he thought a vaccine would be available to the public in a few months. I watch him and look for hope that he can handle this crisis and instead I've heard him spout some of the dumbest shit ever.

In your second quote box you seemed to erase the part where I explained that other people being wrong doesn't absolve the leader of this country when he is. I prefer not to have a pre-packaged list of headlines without the articles themselves or even visible dates that's intended to make a point you won't even articulate. That is what propaganda often looks like.

Your third paragraph doesn't make much sense. Sure, shut down travel but the point is that it's not sufficient. It's not even the most important factor, especially when your country has the most cases in the world. As for tracing new infections, we didn't do much of that. Have you looked at a map of our infections lately? I wanted him to do an effective job. At this point, what is the point of mentioning the travel ban? He didn't do a good job of controlling the virus that got into our country pretty damn early.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    We have yet another self-proclaimed independent who won't say a bad word about Trump.
    Didn't I just criticize Trump wall and how crazy that is?!!!! This tells me you are not a serious debater as either you don't read people's responses before you start defecating yours, or you suffer from ADHD and hence cannot focus nor comprehend stuff.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by african1 View Post
    Didn't I just criticize Trump wall and how crazy that is?!!!! This tells me you are not a serious debater as either you don't read people's responses before you start defecating yours, or you suffer from ADHD and hence cannot focus nor comprehend stuff.
    Trump's approach to covid-19 has been to erect barriers not to people but to a virus carried by people who were already in this country in January. It is the most harebrained part of what you're defending. A virus that spreads at an exponential rate was in this country spreading exponentially in January and you and orange fuckface are talking about how banning Chinese travel and calling the virus the Chinese virus was the no nonsense approach we needed. Maybe we needed to do something about the virus spreading within our own borders. Yay? Nay? What do you think?

Let me ask you: we have 560,000 cases in this country. What percent do you think is from community transmission and what percent from people coming in on airplanes and boats?

He's the President but I didn't vote for him and frankly I don't believe you when you say you didn't. That was my way of saying you're a partisan where my only interest is in seeing him do a competent and professional job. If he did that I'd give him credit.

He doesn't even seem to know that viruses are treated with anti-virals rather than antibiotics. He told people at one point he thought a vaccine would be available to the public in a few months. I watch him and look for hope that he can handle this crisis and instead I've heard him spout some of the dumbest shit ever.

In your second quote box you seemed to erase the part where I explained that other people being wrong doesn't absolve the leader of this country when he is. I prefer not to have a pre-packaged list of headlines without the articles themselves or even visible dates that's intended to make a point you won't even articulate. That is what propaganda often looks like.

Your third paragraph doesn't make much sense. Sure, shut down travel but the point is that it's not sufficient. It's not even the most important factor, especially when your country has the most cases in the world. As for tracing new infections, we didn't do much of that. Have you looked at a map of our infections lately? I wanted him to do an effective job. At this point, what is the point of mentioning the travel ban? He didn't do a good job of controlling the virus that got into our country pretty damn early.
    Wow, I can't believe how hard it is for you to say MY President. I din't vote for him, yet I can say it. As I can easily say Bush was MY President, and Clinton before him was MY president. Now you can believe whatever you want. I am and was honest in my answers. If I am lying in a forum where no one even knows my real ID, then I am lying to myself and I lack respect for myself. Which let me assure you: is very fucking far from reality. I wouldn't spend all this time debating you if I didn't (1) enjoy it, and (2) I thought it was worthy. So why lie?

Anyway, let us not forget he is a Businessman and not a Biology major. I think Trump always tries to emulate Reagan, and Reagan was no genius. Yet the country fared well under his Presidency. What this country truly needs in a leader who is a cheerleader for it. This country can run on autopilot as witnessed many times in the past when we had gridlock between Congress and the White House. It was built to run on auto-pilot by few genius men and we are thankful to them. This Covid-19 storm shall pass. So don't worry. 😉

Trump's approach to covid-19 has been to erect barriers not to people but to a virus carried by people who were already in this country in January. It is the most harebrained part of what you're defending. A virus that spreads at an exponential rate was in this country spreading exponentially in January and you and orange fuckface are talking about how banning Chinese travel and calling the virus the Chinese virus was the no nonsense approach we needed. Maybe we needed to do something about the virus spreading within our own borders. Yay? Nay? What do you think?

Let me ask you: we have 560,000 cases in this country. What percent do you think is from community transmission and what percent from people coming in on airplanes and boats?
    Logarithmic..The Function is a Log(x).

filghy2 Silver Poster

Logarithmic..The Function is a Log(x).
    Why are you so keen to embarrass yourself? A logarithm is the inverse to an exponential. A graph in logarithms is just a way to present something that grows exponentially. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithm

2 out of 4 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

What this country truly needs in a leader who is a cheerleader for it. This country can run on autopilot as witnessed many times in the past when we had gridlock between Congress and the White House. It was built to run on auto-pilot by few genius men and we are thankful to them. This Covid-19 storm shall pass. So don't worry. 
    I'll respond to this in the morning. I don't think we only need a cheerleader. Though if we only did need a cheerleader and we could run on autopilot during a crisis Trump might have been the right guy. But alas, it matters who he appoints, who he takes advice from, the things he tells the public, and the decisions he makes.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.