Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Lightbulb Transgender professor at Kingsborough College sues school over gender discrimination

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Junior Poster transeeker's Avatar

Default Re: Transgender professor at Kingsborough College sues school over gender discriminat

As struggles within the the transgender community go, surely pronouns must rank pretty fucking low!

filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Transgender professor at Kingsborough College sues school over gender discriminat

What are you saying - that transsexuals should not make a fuss if people persist in referring to them by their former name and gender?

Senior Member Junior Poster transeeker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    What are you saying - that transsexuals should not make a fuss if people persist in referring to them by their former name and gender?
    I'm saying that however important it is, there are more pressing issues to fight over, such as questions of safety, protection, discrimination in the workplace, etc. I also feel this whole question of pronouns is a difficult one because then you get into the non-binary discussion where pronoun use is frankly baffling.

On the question of incorrect name usage, of course it's wrong and actually very impolite.

Last edited by transeeker; 01-26-2020 at 01:43 PM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by transeeker View Post
    I also feel this whole question of pronouns is a difficult one because then you get into the non-binary discussion where pronoun use is frankly baffling.
    I didn't really grasp the they/them thing either - I actually thought this person was an FtM transsexual. Referring to an individual as them/they is really clunky and unnatural English, so it's not surprising that people don't take to it.