Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Lightbulb In a first for Illinois, transgender man who gave birth will be listed as father

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: In a first for Illinois, transgender man who gave birth will be listed as father

Most of the male to female transgendered people I have known did not see their penis as an unwanted nuisance, they hated it. It was the one thing about their body that marked them, that they had to get rid of. It was, you might say, their most masculine feature. I thus find it hard to understand why a Female to Male transgendered person would want to retain such absolutely female parts such as ovaries and a womb. It suggests to me they want to be Male without giving up what Females have. You might say this is now just a matter of choice, that a human can now select from a menu the components of their own body in order to qualify their self-constructed identity. On one level I don't care, but on another it is rather hard to describe as 'a man' someone who becomes pregnant and gives birth, this is not what so many transgendered people suffered and died for in the past. The final irony is that as far as I know, Zayn is a Male, not a Female name, but maybe that too is now just empty linguistics.
    I also note a lot of your posts concern lesbians, and wonder -why?

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Default Re: In a first for Illinois, transgender man who gave birth will be listed as father

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Most of the male to female transgendered people I have known did not see their penis as an unwanted nuisance, they hated it. It was the one thing about their body that marked them, that they had to get rid of. It was, you might say, their most masculine feature. I thus find it hard to understand why a Female to Male transgendered person would want to retain such absolutely female parts such as ovaries and a womb. It suggests to me they want to be Male without giving up what Females have. You might say this is now just a matter of choice, that a human can now select from a menu the components of their own body in order to qualify their self-constructed identity. On one level I don't care, but on another it is rather hard to describe as 'a man' someone who becomes pregnant and gives birth, this is not what so many transgendered people suffered and died for in the past. The final irony is that as far as I know, Zayn is a Male, not a Female name, but maybe that too is now just empty linguistics.
    I also note a lot of your posts concern lesbians, and wonder -why?
    Ovaries and a womb are not visible externally, so there's no constant reminder that they're there.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Science will eventually give us nano-tech or protein pills or something else that will let people alter their bodies how they want it to be. Furries will have their own fur, some people will double up their genitals with 2 penises or 2 vaginas or with one of each, some will have 3 breasts or 4 or 6 or 8, others will go for 2 anuses. People will go wild with it for "fashions sake" until it will settle down into people just getting what they want done to themselves, tailor making their own existences.

Junior Member Rookie Poster

I would like to see the paperwork changed to reflect the new more accepting era we live in. So there is not only the gender space but also a space for biological sex, for future medical questions for offspring to trace their medical history back accurately thru family lineage.