Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Lightbulb I Had A Feeling This Would Happen...

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Default Re: I Had A Feeling This Would Happen...

I think its time for the governing bodies of the respective high school sports league to adopt the same rules that NCAA has when it comes to transgendered athletes. Instead of putting the onus the genetic girl athletes that feel they're at a disadvantage. This issue isn't going away and I would be worried given the last line in the article:

"ADF has since set up a petition to encourage the Trump Administration and Members of Congress to safeguard the athletic and academic futures of young women".

Senior Member Gold Poster Murmdrum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    I think its time for the governing bodies of the respective high school sports league to adopt the same rules that NCAA has when it comes to transgendered athletes. Instead of putting the onus the genetic girl athletes that feel they're at a disadvantage. This issue isn't going away and I would be worried given the last line in the article:

"ADF has since set up a petition to encourage the Trump Administration and Members of Congress to safeguard the athletic and academic futures of young women".

genetic girls are at a disadvantage tho...so this is always going to be a slippery slope when discussing it

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

The biggest areas of concern and debate might be volleyball and basketball - since men are taller than women. Add to it that no amount of hormone therapy makes up for natural height differences.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Rookie Poster
    Ferdricksburg VA, Nashua NH, and Fayetteville NC

Quote Originally Posted by Murmdrum View Post
    genetic girls are at a disadvantage tho...so this is always going to be a slippery slope when discussing it
    The question is really one of motivation. A genetically male athlete who is noncompetitive in male sport who decides to declare themselves transitioning or identifying as or whatever and then cleans up in what ever sport is just a wanker who is fucking over people for their own glory (of which there is none, because they've basically cheated).

This is the real problem. And in the high profile high school-level athletics examples of this here in the US, all indications are that that's what happened.

Genetic women, as a "general rule", are going to lose to genetic men. The Australian national women's football (soccer) team was defeated by a team of 15 year old school boys. It's simple physiology.

So it is a thorny issue. If we are going to have a society where a person can just declare their gender identity and society just accepts it then we are going to have a society where people take advantage.

Professional Poster

Do keep in mind that the Alliance Defending Freedom mentioned in that article is considered to be a hate group (per Southern Poverty Law Center), who are documented as lobbying for recriminalization of homosexual behavior, forced sterilization of trans people, etc.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...ending-freedom

They also happen to be the largest recipient of funding from the National Christian Foundation charity:

https://www.newsweek.com/biggest-chr...groups-1370055

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

That's also true of the Caldron Pool site - if you go to the home page you can see other anti-transsexual stories, along with lot's of other right-wing propaganda. There are certainly agendas to beware of here.

These reports always seem to be trying to create the impression that female sports are in danger of being taken over by transgender athletes, but is that actually true? I can't see much evidence of it from the professional female sports that I see reported in the media. Or is it that there are different standards at professional and amateur levels?

Last edited by filghy2; 10-09-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    That's also true of the Caldron Pool site - if you go to the home page you can see other anti-transsexual stories, along with lot's of other right-wing propaganda. There are certainly agendas to beware of here.

These reports always seem to be trying to create the impression that female sports are in danger of being taken over by transgender athletes, but is that actually true? I can't see much evidence of it from the professional female sports that I see reported in the media. Or is it that there are different standards at professional and amateur levels?
    I noticed that about the Caldron Pool site. So I disregarded a majority of what I saw on there.

Having said that, when it comes to this particular issue, I'm willing to pay it some credence. There are different standards at the professional and amateur level. So I don't think you're going to see transgendered women taking over the WNBA.

But when it comes to high school level, these stories seem to be popping up with some frequency. That's why I think its time to address it now before it becomes a bigger issue for the wrong reasons.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by scroller View Post
    Do keep in mind that the Alliance Defending Freedom mentioned in that article is considered to be a hate group (per Southern Poverty Law Center), who are documented as lobbying for recriminalization of homosexual behavior, forced sterilization of trans people, etc.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...ending-freedom

They also happen to be the largest recipient of funding from the National Christian Foundation charity:

https://www.newsweek.com/biggest-chr...groups-1370055
    Understood completely.
    But the natural height differences with regards to volleyball and basketball are tough nuggets to argue against - regardless of whom one is arguing against

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Addendum,
    I have an athlete friend of mine who is transitioning from FTM....He hasn't seen much resistance with the exception of public restroom issues....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...