Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: im going to get into trouble how many more will die

I was going to put this thought in the Global Warming thread, but it probably works here as well.
    I don't think it's that people don't care, they just don't have the resources or understanding or the place to make a difference or even understand what's going on. Today it's burning rain forests in Brazil. If you step up and ask to get involved they'll ask you to write a check. People have been claiming the sky is falling as long as I've lived, it's understandable people want to tune it out. The last 75 years, all the significant problems of the World eventually end up in the lap of the United States President. I honestly think if all the U S Presidents walked into a room together Trump would not walk out. Of course that's complete gibberish, but I still believe it. I wouldn't walk up to someone in the Safeway and say it, maybe it's good if FuFu doesn't either.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Professional Poster rabbitfufu's Avatar

I'm A lover, not a writer. The gun laws are weak, like the first amendment. My toes were stepped on when Snoop Dog was allowed to use profanity in his lyrics. The solutions are not for me to endorse or offer a solution, that's for the people I elected. I have a AR 15 for the same reason a lot of law abiding gun owners do, I enter contests a have some fun shooting at paper targets. I feel this is safer than sitting at home or a bar and harming others through my BAC. I follow the rules to a "t", such as pointing the gun in a safe direction. I make sure the gun is unloaded during transport. I also clean and lube it so it will not cause negligent mishaps. Do I need to go on? The big word in all of this is "responsibility." Do you drink responsible? I also keep my gun in a safe that only I have the combo for Is your alcohol lock up?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitfufu View Post
    I'm A lover, not a writer. The gun laws are weak, like the first amendment. My toes were stepped on when Snoop Dog was allowed to use profanity in his lyrics. The solutions are not for me to endorse or offer a solution, that's for the people I elected. I have a AR 15 for the same reason a lot of law abiding gun owners do, I enter contests a have some fun shooting at paper targets. I feel this is safer than sitting at home or a bar and harming others through my BAC. I follow the rules to a "t", such as pointing the gun in a safe direction. I make sure the gun is unloaded during transport. I also clean and lube it so it will not cause negligent mishaps. Do I need to go on? The big word in all of this is "responsibility." Do you drink responsible? I also keep my gun in a safe that only I have the combo for Is your alcohol lock up?
    I rest my case.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitfufu View Post
    You could shoot paper targets with an air rifle or a. 22. Doesn't justify owning an AR 15.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by javier81 View Post
    I rest my case.
    Wasn't worth trying to engage with you either, was it?...

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Hung Angels-
    Hung Jury

I just read Ruth Bader Ginsburg has pancreatic Cancer.
    I was a fool for believing Trump when he said Obama fumbled the ball by not filling 138 empty Federal Judge seats. McConnell blocked them all. Now we're staring at another Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court.

World Class Asshole

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    Wasn't worth trying to engage with you either, was it?...
    Call me cynical but both sides of this argument seemed to have left too little room for pragmatism. You're a bit naive if you think your opinions are going to influence any bystanders who might be on the fence. Whether well informed or not most Americans have already formed their own opinions on the subject, and are likely to disregard your thoughts on the matter at face value simply because you're "European". I'm pro 2nd amendment and I've long since found it completely worthless to debunk the often blatantly untrue "facts", and logically flawed arguments the pro-gun folks always seemed to be armed with. Feel free to engage with that as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    I just read Ruth Bader Ginsburg has pancreatic Cancer. I was a fool for believing Trump when he said Obama fumbled the ball by not filling 138 empty Federal Judge seats. McConnell blocked them all. Now we're staring at another Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court.
    Moron, RGB is fine, she always has Cancer. Once again you've made fantastic claims with no hard evidence to back them up. I suggest you ban yourself.

World Class Asshole

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by javier81 View Post
    I'm pro 2nd amendment and I've long since found it completely worthless to debunk the often blatantly untrue "facts", and logically flawed arguments the pro-gun folks always seemed to be armed with. Feel free to engage with that as you see fit.
    None of the recommendations filghy made violate the 2nd amendment as it's been interpreted by the Supreme Court thus far. It's possible political debate just isn't for you. Not everyone enjoys it and that's fine.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Maybe the strategy behind the retention of the 2nd Amendment and the refusal of people like McConnell to really think deeply about gun control is based on the view that President .45 is gradually and successfully eroding the meaning and purpose of the Presidency and Congress, and that the ultimate prize is the reduction of government in all its forms.
    It is the case at the moment that the application of the 2nd Amendment is an endorsement of terrorism, giving battlefield weapons to individuals in spite of the existence of an armed police force, thereby undermining their legitimate monopoly on the use of force. In this context, the NRA shoud be banned as a terrorist organization, and its leadership be in prison.

But if government is to be reduced to basic functions and the armed forces disbanded, as Washington wanted, armed militia will not be the 'last resort' but the only means people have of protecting themselves from invading armies which was the original intention behind the 2nd Amendment. Throw in the growing sense that the Civil War now defines the fault-lines of US politics with the Confederate States using States Rights to ignore the Constitution, backed by their Confederate President, and 2020 may mark the moment when the South Rises Again to support a President denied a second term by rigged elections master-minded by Democrats who have no loyalty to the King of Israel and hate God, America and the Family.
    Are these people ever going to give up and stop fighting their lost cause? Or will they fight and take the US down with them as they go?
    What happens when the Proud Boys come a-knockin' at yo door?