Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: im going to get into trouble how many more will die

The New York AG is going after the NRA's non-profit status, it seems Wayne Lapierre is using member's dues to furnish a lavish lifestyle for him and his wife. Ollie North is threatening to spill the beans on the whole sordid truth after he was forced out earlier this year, so while the NRA still has it's steel curtain with the Republicans, internally they are in turmoil. That's cool with me.
    I understand completely why a gun enthusiast would want an AR-15, compared to a .22 rifle, it's newer, shinier, faster, sexier. Just like a car enthusiast craves a Porsche over a Volkswagen. It is actually legal to own a fully automatic machine gun in the USA, but you have to go through a long series of background checks, jump through tons of hoops, and pay lots of money for a license. If you get a gun dealer's license you can own a whole warehouse of guns.
    The reason why Transsexual Prostitution is illegal in the US is because the general population sees a tranny ho and sees a greater threat than a redneck with a gunrack in his pickup. They see a tranny ho and see their kids threatened, they see STDs, and of course all tranny hoes carry knives. Tranny hoes bring crime and drugs with them.
    You have to be careful when you take away freedom from someone, majority rules is how we got Trump. Obamacare is how we got Mitch McConnell. Prohibition brought us Al Capone.
    I think it might be better to let the NRA and the RNC implode rather than be shouted down. Let the racists hang themselves, if possible. Take a page from the Putin playbook.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Actually, I don’t carry a shive - but don’t tell anyone (don’t want to lose my mystic). But it’s true that certain segments of the U.S. population are ruled by their phobia of the other. Drunks armed to the teeth while waving confederate flags are okay. Black man with a cell phone that can be “mistaken” for a gun - that’s a death sentence.

I take one exception to your post buttslinger: Majority rule is not how we got Trump. I blaming him on the electoral college (and the Ruskees).

Unfortunately it’s not clear to me anything’s about to implode (except perhaps the economy and civilization in general). I think the RNC is here to stay. Even if the NRA goes there will always be (or at least for a long long time) an appetite for guns and organizations promoting them and selling them. In my opinion racism, homophobia, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism and all our other phobias are just part of the human condition. We’ll never be free of them. The only way to keep them under control and to speak out against them and demonstrate through example that we all have shared values. There’s plenty of real shit out there that actually deserves our fearful attention.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Yeah, that's the second time I've been corrected on Trump's crowd size, I like to get into the shoes of my opponent. I think my case is that "our" opponent is "us" and I was shocked to death when I found out how many of "them" there are out there. In the case of the NRA, minority rules. Most people want sane gun laws. McConnell rules.
    The human mind weighs three pounds, the bacteria in our gut also weighs three pounds and sometimes is referred to as our second brain, and of course we all know what happens when we let our dicks do the thinking. My gut bacteria is hoping for a scary recession BEFORE November 2020. Then sane gun and car laws will follow.

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Professional Poster rabbitfufu's Avatar

assault rifles shoots only 1,000,000 rounds a minute?? I'm trying to say anyone can get booze and kill innocent people and there is no background check on beer yet billions if dollars are spent yearly on broken families, shattered dreams, etc. alcohol kills and the industry that manufactures it and held harmless. that's bad when company's make tons of money and they are not held accountable for ruining lives. I could quote numbers but why? Think about every Friday and Saturday the people coming out of bars drunk, and bars let them go home and destroy people. Get into bar fights, Get into fights with loved ones, cant go to work the next day, almost all of you have done it, but me as a responsible ar 15 owner has not shot one person.

Alcohol ruins many lives, but most of the tragedies are self inflicted. Guns are more often used for suicide rather than murder. It's usually your friends that do you in, not your enemies. People on this site aren't looking for answers, they already know the answer.

World Class Asshole

@-}--- Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Alcohol ruins many lives, but most of the tragedies are self inflicted. Guns are more often used for suicide rather than murder. It's usually your friends that do you in, not your enemies. People on this site aren't looking for answers, they already know the answer.
    hmm...

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltownguy View Post
    hmm...
    he he, let me stick my dick in your mouth, then hmmm....
    haw haw haw.

World Class Asshole

Sorry Smalltown, one of my neighbor's trees fell into my yard yesterday during a summer storm, and it's going to cost me bigtime, hence it shall cost this forum!!! All my old friends who did a lot of drugs are shadows of our former selves, yet I never heard any of them issue any regrets. God will not test us beyond our strength, or something like that. People live in all different fashions, and they die in all different fashions, we do what we can. In the mean time, in between time, ain't we got fun?

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitfufu View Post
    assault rifles shoots only 1,000,000 rounds a minute?? I'm trying to say anyone can get booze and kill innocent people and there is no background check on beer yet billions if dollars are spent yearly on broken families, shattered dreams, etc. alcohol kills and the industry that manufactures it and held harmless. that's bad when company's make tons of money and they are not held accountable for ruining lives. I could quote numbers but why? Think about every Friday and Saturday the people coming out of bars drunk, and bars let them go home and destroy people. Get into bar fights, Get into fights with loved ones, cant go to work the next day, almost all of you have done it, but me as a responsible ar 15 owner has not shot one person.
    Why own one? You've dodged that question twice already and I'd argue that if you can't answer then you're not a responsible owner as you have no reason to have one.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Laphroaig; 08-20-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    Why own one? You've dodged that question twice already and I'd argue that if you can't answer then you're not a responsible owner as you have no reason to have one.
    A while back there was some guy on here who said "I need an assault weapon because I train other people to use them!!!!" I said, okay and what do they need them for? The guy downvoted the post. He hadn't thought that far ahead.

Rabbitfufu didn't comment on any of the recommendations by filghy because it's easier to argue against a total prohibitionist strawman than deal with actual recommendations. He didn't comment on what should be done to regulate alcohol because he doesn't have recommendations and just wants to use it as an excuse to stockpile guns.

And to rabbitfufu, no I didn't state an exact number of bullets per interval of time an assault weapon can fire. I said "zillion" which is not a real number but was used to indicate a lot. Why do so many gun people think it's convincing to show people who favor gun control that there's some technical detail they don't know about their weapons? Does the fucking thing shoot a lot of bullets really quickly and mow down lots of people? Am I right on that point?

3 out of 3 members liked this post.