Thread: If no internet?

Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default If no internet?

Hi all. I was curious if there happen to be no internet in this day in age would people still find ways to locate trans women?

Only reason I ask is because seems online resources are very popular nowadays. Internet is still young but technology moving fast to where its possible for a person to have a robotic partner. Me I had seen a few trans women in the back of a magazine and on jerry Springer and was automatically attracted to the women. Never knowing where to go to meet tho. I came across a transgender bar in my city while going to a strip club with my friends and the next night I went back in town to check out the trans bar. Then just by word of mouth talking to the ladies they told me of other clubs in other cities. This was I think 97 or 98. The good ol days.

So just wondering if the internet boom didn't happen if there was not much access to explore more freedom.

I think internet is good and bad actually but easier for people to connect with others and for others not in big cities.

Peace.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Member Rookie Poster Patricia_bel's Avatar

Default Re: If no internet?

The only sure thing is that you could not ask that here if there were no internet

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by higherlight View Post
    Hi all. I was curious if there happen to be no internet in this day in age would people still find ways to locate trans women?
    They existed and were located prior to the existence of the Internet. Of course it's easier to find them now, but there were ways to do it then.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Platinum Poster

In the old days, events woud be advertised or listed in newspapers or magazines like Time Out (in London), and if you could not find a red light area in Paris, Milan, Naples, Madrid, Barcelona and Amsterdam it was because you were stil living with your mum. The real difference for me is not just the internet, but the way in which globalization has brought transwomen from far away places to a room near you; or, has enabled you to go to far away places at prices you can afford. Restrictions on advertising cannot be restrictions on desire.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

I’m in Los Angeles so I’m lucky