Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Danielle Foxxx needs a Silicone removal surgery

The FDA Warns Against Injectable Silicone for Body Contouring and Enhancement

FDA warns about illegal use of injectable silicone for body contouring and associated health risks

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsr.../ucm584517.htm

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Con.../ucm584567.htm

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    I agree with you on NPO's and most charities - but why would that make you non-philanthropic if you give the money directly to the individual (and I'm not talking about Danielle Foxx). If you see someone in your radar in trouble or strive, and you can help them - do you just turn away?
    I help out friends in need without any desire or expectation of reciprocity because I have a vested interest in them. That's where my "charity" if you would even call it that, ends.

Last week, a buddy of mine donated funds to a GoFundMe for James Harris, aka the former pro-wrestler Kamala, as he was about to lose his house for back taxes. I, of course did not donate so we debated this very topic and the point of contention was that there are 1000s of people every day that lose their homes so I wanted him to tell me what made this guy so special as to warrant his money? There was no viable answer he could provide except to say that Kamala entertained him as a kid. I just don't accept that as a good enough reason to feel charitable.

-----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Escapist View Post
    I help out friends in need without any desire or expectation of reciprocity because I have a vested interest in them. That's where my "charity" if you would even call it that, ends.

Last week, a buddy of mine donated funds to a GoFundMe for James Harris, aka the former pro-wrestler Kamala, as he was about to lose his house for back taxes. I, of course did not donate so we debated this very topic and the point of contention was that there are 1000s of people every day that lose their homes so I wanted him to tell me what made this guy so special as to warrant his money? There was no viable answer he could provide except to say that Kamala entertained him as a kid. I just don't accept that as a good enough reason to feel charitable.
    I believe all charity is selfish - you do it to feel good about yourself whether it's saving a panda, or giving to a homeless person. But you've contradicted yourself when you say you do help out friends in need.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    I believe all charity is selfish - you do it to feel good about yourself whether it's saving a panda, or giving to a homeless person. But you've contradicted yourself when you say you do help out friends in need.
    I don't think that is true at all. If I buy for something for someone because they are short that day/week/semester, that is not charity to me. If they pick up lunch the next day or a bar tab another night, that's cool, otherwise I'm not too worried about it.

Now, if someone is late on his car payment for is $105K benz he should not have bought on a $50K salary (which I do have such a friend) and is getting harassing calls from the bank, i'm not giving him money for that because that is making up for his poor decision. am i passing judgment on him....of course I am as he should deal with the consequences of his actions. I judge my friends and will cock punch them as quickly as I would be the best man at their wedding.

In the case of a stranger, I have no idea what they can or cannot afford or why the ask is even made so there is no judgment as is there no impetus to help.

also, in the words of jim jefferies:

-----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!

But a $105K benz is a Hot Chick Magnate! So please help!

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    But a $105K benz is a Hot Chick Magnate! So please help!
    My great grandfather was a hot chick magnate in Mexico City some years ago. The local dunderpates wanted to hang him. Accused him of holding a monopoly over all the hot chicks in the region.