Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Did she need-

L.
    You mean "did she want"....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

She RoXXX! Professional Poster LilyRox's Avatar

Default Re: So, I decided to be a TS.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Which brings up a question that's destined to fire up emotions...

"What is 'Transgender' defined?"

- Is it simply only how one identifies?
    - For MTF, should it 'require' SRS?
    - For FTM, should it 'require' SRS addition of penis?
    - Is it hormone treatment only?
    - Is it a combination of some things?
    - Is it surgeries but no hormones?

I wonder what the Olympic and professional athletic communities use?
    You can be dressed as your biological sex and still be transgender. Transgender isn't defined by wearing certain clothes or conforming to typical masculine or feminine values. Its a state of mind. You can wear tuxedos, have a beard, and still identify as female inside your mind. Most people aren't going to like that logic, but its the truth.

Transgender is really an umbrella term referring to any type of gender change. Non-binary, Genderqueer, Transsexuals, etc.

Transsexual is most likely the term you really meant which is just referring to someone that identifies as the opposite sex and pretty much the same applies. Being transsexual isn't defined by wearing certain clothes, makeup, surgery, or hormones. Transsexual however you must at least try to pass as the opposite sex. Some don't require surgery/hormones to feel comfortable or pass.

I personally believe its also not something learned. I know I'm coming off as some SJW know it all, but this is stuff I knew like 10 years ago.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by LilyRox; 03-09-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LilyRox View Post
    You can be dressed as your biological sex and still be transgender. Transgender isn't defined by wearing certain clothes or conforming to typical masculine or feminine values. Its a state of mind.

Transsexual is most likely the term you really meant which is just referring to someone that identifies as the opposite sex and pretty much the same applies. Being transsexual isn't defined by wearing certain clothes, makeup, surgery, or hormones. Transsexual however you must at least try to pass as the opposite sex. Some don't require surgery/hormones to feel comfortable or pass.
    How would you apply this to professional athletics participation?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

How would you apply this to professional athletics participation?
    I'm not into sports at all so I'm probably not the right person to ask because I would just say that pretty much no trans should be allowed to compete against biological females or biological males, unless they started hormones before puberty (which is a very small amount of trans).

Ex) Biological boy starts hormones at 12 and is allowed to compete against females.

There's scientific data that there's virtually no advantage to boys vs girls in sports until puberty hits.

I don't even think a sports competition purely for trans would be fair, there's just too many factors hormones and people at different stages in their transition. I personally don't see how not allowing trans to compete would be that controversial for actual trans. I would give up anything to transition.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I'm not into sports at all so I'm probably not the right person to ask because I would just say that pretty much no trans should be allowed to compete against biological females or biological males, unless they started hormones before puberty (which is a very small amount of trans).

Ex) Biological boy starts hormones at 12 and is allowed to compete against females.

There's scientific data that there's virtually no advantage to boys vs girls in sports until puberty hits.

I don't even think a sports competition purely for trans would be fair, there's just too many factors hormones and people at different stages in their transition. I personally don't see how not allowing trans to compete would be that controversial for actual trans. I would give up anything to transition.
    Points taken.
    I'm not one to judge or make decisions on it either.

That being said, genetically speaking, men are taller than women. Thus when it comes to high school/college/pro basketball, do you think taller MTF athletes would have an advantage over genetic women basketball players?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

You mean "did she want"....
    She got what she wanted, having acquired what she needed. Can't judge all cases on a list of requirements drawn up by Natina, I would have thought that was obvious.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

I don't even think a sports competition purely for trans would be fair, there's just too many factors hormones and people at different stages in their transition.
    In theory could be done though. Think of all the different disability categories in the Para-Olympics. I doubt all of them are 100% fair, but it does at least allow them the opportunity to compete.

I do think there are serious concerns about allowing transgenders to compete directly against genetic females, but it appears that voicing these concerns at the moment just leads to allegations of discrimination and trans phobia. Look at the overreaction to Martina Navratilova's recent comments.

Points taken.
    I'm not one to judge or make decisions on it either.

That being said, genetically speaking, men are taller than women. Thus when it comes to high school/college/pro basketball, do you think taller MTF athletes would have an advantage over genetic women basketball players?
    Hormones do affect height. If you take HRT before puberty your bone growth will be stunned. It doesn't reverse bone growth though if you take hormones after puberty. Anorexia during puberty also stuns bone growth which I believe is why my body is on the small side.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    She got what she wanted, having acquired what she needed. Can't judge all cases on a list of requirements drawn up by Natina, I would have thought that was obvious.
    There's a distinct difference between "need" and "want" - that's obvious as well.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Hormones do affect height. If you take HRT before puberty your bone growth .
    Which is another discussion in and of itself.
    I wonder what percentage of current trans women (if I'm using the correct terminology) started HRT before/after puberty.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...