Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Professional Poster

Default Re: Child drag gives LGBTQ community a bad rep

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    On how many occasions did Michael Jackson simulate masturbation in his performances that were either live and/or recorded, and what impact did it have on the children who watched it?
    Not sure what simulated masturbation you're talking about, but if you're referring to that little thing he does with his hips and grabbing his dick, that's nowhere near the same thing. He's an adult and he's performing for mostly adults. Young people just gravitated towards his music as well because he was the ultimate entertainer. His music covered adult themes. People were too focused on his entire routine to cherry pick a two second move. And the children it did impact, I guaranteed it influenced them to learn how to dance or sing and make that their passion, or at the least poorly moonwalk because the movie is so iconic.

People going to a Michael Jackson show is not the same as bringing a child to an adult bar with and making the apart of an adult show that revolves around over the top levels of sexuality, not just in appearance, but the content of the music that accompanies the show and how they engage in what would I guess be called "drag queen locker room talk)(affectionately referring to each other as beautiful sluts and bitches. Talking aboutducks, etc.) Mike didn't bring kids on stage and dance with the with nothing but a speedo on.

Parents could've refused to let their kids watch MJ shows of they felt he had some sort of negative impact on them.

Rookie Poster

No ifs, ands, or buts... leave the kids out of it.

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

IMO, it's no different than mothers that enter their genetic daughters into beauty pageants. The only real difference is that there are no so called legit venues for mothers to take their drag or trans daughters. And I'm not saying those pageants are any better. I'm just saying that they exist, and there is really no difference.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Actually, if a kid likes the theatre, fashion, performance, dancing, etc. aspects of drag, fine. What's wrong with that? Bringing the kid at nights to bars and clubs designed for adults? No. Not right for the kid or the adults who wanted to hang out at the bar. If I'm at a bar or club, I'd ask the manager or owner to get a minor out of there. It's unsafe and I am pretty sure it is not legal.

Junior Poster

I'm mortified. It could very well be a plant by the far right to attack the LGBTQ community. What bar owner in their right mind would let this kid perform. I smell a rat... Something is really, really, wrong with this story.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    TGirls, TGirls, TGirls. Someday, maybe.

Senior Member Professional Poster gaysian71's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Actually, if a kid likes the theatre, fashion, performance, dancing, etc. aspects of drag, fine. What's wrong with that?
    Nothing is wrong with that. It lets a kid be who they want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Bringing the kid at nights to bars and clubs designed for adults? No. Not right for the kid or the adults who wanted to hang out at the bar. If I'm at a bar or club, I'd ask the manager or owner to get a minor out of there. It's unsafe and I am pretty sure it is not legal.
    Unfortunately because the general public is so hell bent on condemning the transgender community, the only place kids can turn to are gay, trans and drag show bars and clubs because they are the only ones who are accepting of drag and trans kids.

0 out of 2 members liked this post.