Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Default Re: US Elections 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    The man needs help. Help him, someone.

"Michael Flynn, President Donald Trump’s former national security adviser who was pardoned by the president last week for lying during the Russia investigation, wants Trump to declare martial law and “temporarily suspend the Constitution” until a new election is held.
    Flynn, who had been awaiting sentencing for lying to the FBI about his Russian contacts before Trump’s pardon, on Tuesday retweeted a news release from a right-wing Ohio group called We The People Convention asking the president to declare martial law so troops can supervise a do-over of the 2020 election.
    Flynn tagged many conservative celebs in his post and added: “Freedom never kneels except for God.”
    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...bmX8hNhqNHqYrI
    Completely agree that Michael-Lying Pile Of Shit-Flynn needs help after saying those despicable and dangerous comments.

Junior Member Rookie Poster Eponymous Lee's Avatar

09-12-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Would a Biden-Harris ticket be a worthwhile compromise to unite the 'safe as houses' Biden faction with Harris the acceptable candidate for the 'radicals'? And it would once again put a woman in the frame for the top job, in 2024.

Hey Stavros, the votes are in.
    You win the meritorious award for most plausible election prediction of 2019. Your award certificate and medal will be shipped promptly.

Disclaimer notice: Please allow 8 to 9 years before filing a complaint if your items do not arrive.
    please send (Shipping and printing costs £ 9.75) to 29 Station Road, Polegate
    East Sussex, BN26 6EA)

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Flattered though I might be, a) Biden-Harris was not that hard to predict, and b) I have no interest in, or use for medals.
    I want money.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

Just to give some warning if this snuck up on anyone. The Warnock-Loeffler and Ossoff-Perdue senate races are going to be decided on Tuesday. Democrats can get to 50 senators with Vice President Kamala Harris being the deciding vote if Warnock and Ossoff win in Georgia. I have no idea what will happen but am hopeful Democrats control the senate given how much damage Mitch McConnell's partisanship has caused.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Just to give some warning if this snuck up on anyone. The Warnock-Loeffler and Ossoff-Perdue senate races are going to be decided on Tuesday. Democrats can get to 50 senators with Vice President Kamala Harris being the deciding vote if Warnock and Ossoff win in Georgia. I have no idea what will happen but am hopeful Democrats control the senate given how much damage Mitch McConnell's partisanship has caused.
    The races between Jon Ossoff-David Perdue and Raphael Warnock-Kelly Kelly Loeffler are very tight and will come down to the wire, and i hope that Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock wins those races and flip the senate blue,and i am also hopeful that the Democrats will control the US Senate,and repair the damage that the King Of Enablers Mitch McConnell Partisanship has caused the last 6 years.

On Wednesday January 6 the US Congress and Senate are suppose to come together for a joint session of congress to count the votes and certificate the results of the 2020 Presidential Election,however most House Republicans along with 12 Republican Senators plan on objecting to the results by claiming that there is evidence of widespread voter fraud,even though State and
    Federal Courts including the US Supreme Court shot down those claims,and the reasons why House and Senate GOP Members are pulling this despicable partisan stunt because they think it will keep them in the good graces of the D.A.M.N and Sore Loser and his base of delusional supporters,and are terrified of receiving mean tweets,being primaried and losing their seats in the US Congress and Senate if they don't along with his false claims,but unfortunately for them their despicable partisan stunt will backfire,and the results will get certified and Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will be sworn in as the next president and vice president of the United States on Wednesday January 20th whether they like it or not.

Last edited by KnightHawk 2.0; 01-03-2021 at 09:39 PM.

On Wednesday January 6 the US Congress and Senate are suppose to come together for a joint session of congress to count the votes and certificate the results of the 2020 Presidential Election,however most House Republicans along with 12 Republican Senators plan on objecting to the results by claiming that there is evidence of widespread voter fraud,even though State and
    Federal Courts including the US Supreme Court shot down those claims,and the reasons why House and Senate GOP Members are pulling this despicable partisan stunt because they think it will keep them in the good graces of the D.A.M.N and Sore Loser and his base of delusional supporters,and are terrified of receiving mean tweets,being primaried and losing their seats in the US Congress and Senate if they don't along with his false claims,but unfortunately for them their despicable partisan stunt will backfire,and the results will get certified and Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will be sworn in as the next president and vice president of the United States on Wednesday January 20th whether they like it or not.

Last edited by KnightHawk 2.0; 01-03-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

The results of that race will not only determine who controls the Senate, but I think will also be the closing argument of what the 2020 US Elections were all about.

If Perdue and Loeffler win, than that means that not only did the Democrats fail to take the Senate, but they lost some seats in the House and in the state legislatures. Which means that the elections were all about getting Trump out of office, but a majority of Americans are either still not buying the Democrats' message. Or the Democratic party has done a poor job at convincing some Americans to vote for them.

We have talked before about how the future of the Republican party, but I think the Democratic Party would have to start doing some soul searching if they lose both seats on Tuesday.

If Warnock and Ossoff win, I think it will lessen the sting of those other losses and at the same time ensure that some things may actually get done in the Senate.

On a side note, Nancy Pelosi was voted speaker of the House again. While I'm not surprised about that, what I'm surprised about is that the "squad" voted for her. Lets just say Twitter is not happy about it.

Last edited by blackchubby38; 01-04-2021 at 01:54 AM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Aside from the direct implication for the Senate, the vote will also be important for what it tells us about the electoral implications of the Trumpist's brazen attempts to subvert democracy. If there are no adverse implications for the Republican party that does not augur well for the future.

Senior Member Gold Poster Laphroaig's Avatar

Washington Post reporting on a Trump phonecall where he begs and threatens the Georgia secretary of state to find votes for him.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...92166715600897

Part of the recording.

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/sta...96238722129923

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Laphroaig View Post
    Washington Post reporting on a Trump phonecall where he begs and threatens the Georgia secretary of state to find votes for him.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...92166715600897

Part of the recording.

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/sta...96238722129923
    If anyone hasn't listened I really recommend taking a few minutes. Trump is confabulating some nonsense about switched voting machine parts and shredded ballots. Ultimately he is trying to commit election fraud and doing it through extortion.

Raffensperger warned Trump on twitter not to lie about him before he released the video. It would be shocking if there aren't more videos of Trump trying to cheat.

It's astounding how much one person can lie. He said somewhere on there that he won Georgia by hundreds of thousands of votes...I don't ever want to hear from a Republican again about the value of honesty, rule of law, our Constitution, science....a whole list of subjects that are pretty much off limits to them.