Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: US Elections 2020

New spin: he wants to share the suffering of the American people.

But, he gets Gold Star treatment at one of the finest private hospitals in the USA, with some of its finest physicians, and access to the full range of medicine and therapies available, including those in an experimental stage of development- but not Hydroxychloroquine.

The cost is borne by the taxpayers, 20 million of whom, if the President succeeds, will lose their health care as the Affordable Care Act is finally laid to the rest. When he was photographed in the Presidential suite at Walter Reed signing blank sheets of paper, it was his new health care plan.

There is something deeply wrong with our leaders. Boris Johnson asked simple questions about his own policies on Covid-19 was unable to answer, when asked the cost of a new hospital in Leeds fumbled with some notes on the floor and still didn’t know. Is it any wonder that Johnson is losing the trust of both the people and his own party just as the President is exposed for the fool that he is?

At least in a month’s time the US will be taking a new path to the future, and I hope one that restores the public faith in Government, while in the UK we have yet another month of ‘negotiations’ about Brexit because after more than 4 years and with less than three months to go, we have no idea what it will mean in practice.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    One thing that's clear is that we can't trust what the administration tells us about the President's condition. The doctors' press conference and subsequent clarifications sounded like an exercise in evasion. It also looked like it had been scripted by Hollywood with all those men in white coats.
    Agree that we can't trust what the Trump Administration tells the american citizens about the President's condition,because they don't want it to look like that he didn't the pandemic serious,which he didn't. and has downplayed it from the beginning and saying that it was going to go away during the warmer months, which it didn't. and his administration is going to be damage control trying to get ahead of reports about the president's condition. and it does look like it has been scripted by hollywood.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    Just knowing the facts up until his illness it already looks disqualifyingly bad. He held a super spreader event without even reasonable precautions and more than a dozen of his own party members got sick and then he did not notify the thousands of people who were possibly exposed during the incubation period, from white house staff to debate workers. The steps they took to prevent the spread of illness would not pass scrutiny for someone even marginally competent and really tell the story about why our outbreaks in this country have been so bad.
    They don't seem to have learnt either, as they've just exposed people forced to travel with him in the car for the sake of a photo op. If he comes through it okay, what are the chances that he's going to do the quarantine period properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    New spin: he wants to share the suffering of the American people.

But, he gets Gold Star treatment at one of the finest private hospitals in the USA, with some of its finest physicians, and access to the full range of medicine and therapies available, including those in an experimental stage of development- but not Hydroxychloroquine.

The cost is borne by the taxpayers, 20 million of whom, if the President succeeds, will lose their health care as the Affordable Care Act is finally laid to the rest. When he was photographed in the Presidential suite at Walter Reed signing blank sheets of paper, it was his new health care plan.

There is something deeply wrong with our leaders. Boris Johnson asked simple questions about his own policies on Covid-19 was unable to answer, when asked the cost of a new hospital in Leeds fumbled with some notes on the floor and still didn’t know. Is it any wonder that Johnson is losing the trust of both the people and his own party just as the President is exposed for the fool that he is?

At least in a month’s time the US will be taking a new path to the future, and I hope one that restores the public faith in Government, while in the UK we have yet another month of ‘negotiations’ about Brexit because after more than 4 years and with less than three months to go, we have no idea what it will mean in practice.
    Agree that is how his administration is going try and spin the narrative,by claiming that Donald Trump wants to share the suffering of the american people, and is working hard for them, but in reality he's the one that caused the suffering from his mishandling of the pandemic. and isn't working hard for them at all. meanwhile his enablers are moving full speed ahead to rush through his nominee for the US Supreme Court so he can get rid of the Affordable Care Act, and if he succeeds,the taxpayers who are paying his treatment will lose their health coverage,and those blank papers that he was photographed signing yesterday shows that he no health care plan at all. and i also hope that in a month the new path will restores the public faith in government, and is lead by a president and a vice president who will put the interest of the people ahead of their own,and lead the US out of the darkness.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    They don't seem to have learnt either, as they've just exposed people forced to travel with him in the car for the sake of a photo op. If he comes through it okay, what are the chances that he's going to do the quarantine period properly?
    Concern for others or concern for what is right will never factor into the decision. The only way he would quarantine is if he thought breaking quarantine would harm him politically.

Psychiatric diagnoses are often made too casually and it's increasingly common for people to speculate about whether someone is a narcissist or a sociopath or if someone with technical ability has asperger's. Yet there is something useful about the sociopath designation when it comes to Trump and I'm sure I'm not the only person who's dealt with a sociopath.

People in general don't have the emotional tools to deal with a sociopath. Most of us have an instinct for mercy or compassion and when I hear that Trump is having trouble breathing I feel bad. Yet Trump feels bad for nobody but himself and if and when he recovers he will mercilessly take advantage of any situation for his own benefit no matter what the cost. I'm not sure what the answer is....just keep pushing and try to win this election. But never assume that any situation could change Trump for the better or that he could actually develop a conscience, even through suffering.

Gold Poster

White House spokesperson Kayleigh McEnany tested positive for Covid today after testing negative every previous day. Biden tested negative yesterday but is not out of the woods yet. As doctors have noted Trump was likely infectious during their debate last Tuesday and talking and yelling shed a lot of virus. Obviously I hope that Biden continues to test negative.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

“I feel better than I did 20 years ago,”.

Of course you do, numpty, you’re on stimulating drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    White House spokesperson Kayleigh McEnany tested positive for Covid today after testing negative every previous day. Biden tested negative yesterday but is not out of the woods yet. As doctors have noted Trump was likely infectious during their debate last Tuesday and talking and yelling shed a lot of virus. Obviously I hope that Biden continues to test negative.
    I also hope that Joe Biden continues to test negative for CO-VID 19.

Completely agree 1000%.

Gold Poster

I think the steroids are masking respiratory distress and making him feel euphoric. He almost certainly has pneumonia and while it's possible he just gets better I think it's unlikely it's a direct path. When his doctors say he's not out of the woods yet they're not just being humble as he's still quite sick. He wouldn't be on steroids if he weren't and they wouldn't be so opaque if he weren't.

And yes, 6 mg of dexamethasone can make someone feel like they can run through a wall. In asthma they give you high doses like this (though the dose equivalent of prednisone is 40 mg and I've gone as high as 60 mg) but doctors give them in "bursts". You don't want someone to be on a high dose of a corticosteroid for too long because it suppresses your own cortisol production. My point is that eventually they have to stop the steroid...