Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
    TS Dominatrix Junior Poster AlexisDVyne's Avatar

Default Re: US Elections 2020

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/AlexisDVyne

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Well, crazy bernie is down for the count, the rest are KO's and warren won't endorse bernie because she hates him.

And now the chi-com (possible biowarfare project) corinavirus is out, thanks china.

4 more years!

0 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Four more years of what? Incompetence? Many countries have had their governance exposed by Covid 19, unprepared for a major epidemic. Few from the start denied it, as did the Presidemt of the USA, who unlike most others of his rank also bragged about his abilities even when they were so obviously non- existent.

The existence of national health services in Europe makes co-ordination of the health response easier, notwithstanding funding issues, whereas the absence of such a service in the US means co-ordination is harder, though Pence has claimed there will be a nationwide organisation, the first of its kind and perhaps the foundation of a national health service.

For most of the early stages of the crisis the President was playing golf and blaming Obama, the President who authorised the creation of a unit designed to tackle, and prepare the US for precilsely this kind of epidemic/pandemic, that John Bolton shut down to meet his buddy's commandment 'Everything Obama must go!' Then your President tried to buy exclusive access to a vaccine being developed by a German company, when any vaccine should be, and will be universally available, something the President seems to object to.

But with interest rates close to zero and markets being bailed out to the tune of $500 billion, the useless, incompetent moron you call President is racking up even more debt that must one day be repaid, or trash the banking system, though it will not affect the money he stores offshore.

Blame is easy to make, a vaccine harder. We are all suffering from managerial indifference to the very kind of global pandemic scientists have been warning us about for decades. The last thing we need is a grubby show pony trying to profit from other people's misery, when inside the US there are capable, indeed, inspiring people who will, over time, help us get through this crisis and survive, though the damage caused may be with us for some time.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    And now the chi-com (possible biowarfare project) corinavirus is out, thanks china.

4 more years!
    But I thought it was a hoax spread by the fake media to detract from the glorious achievements of the god-emperor. Didn't that very stable genus say it was no big deal and he had it all under control? Perhaps you should stay in your right-wing bubble, where I'm sure nothing bad can ever penetrate.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Bernie’s toast. This is as it should be. Thank you voters.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Why do so many Sanders supporters claim that he's been cheated, rather than the more obvious explanation that he failed both times to persuade enough people that he would be the best candidate? The polls, which presumably could not be rigged by the DNC, show Biden having a 20% margin over Sanders. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ry-d/national/

And if he couldn't get a majority of Democrat primary voters - presumably more left-leaning than the general electorate - how could he possibly have better chance than Biden to win in November?

I'm not necessarily a huge Biden fan, and I've argued before that we need to aim for more than just restoring the pre-Trump situation, but I don't think these points can be disputed seriously.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 03-18-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Why do so many Sanders supporters claim that he's been cheated, rather than the more obvious explanation that he failed both times to persuade enough people that he would be the best candidate? The polls, which presumably could not be rigged by the DNC, show Biden having a 20% margin over Sanders. https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ry-d/national/

And if he couldn't get a majority of Democrat primary voters - presumably more left-leaning than the general electorate - how could he possibly have better chance than Biden to win in November?

I'm not necessarily a huge Biden fan, and I've argued before that we need to aim for more than just restoring the pre-Trump situation, but I don't think these points can be disputed seriously.
    Because I think a majority of Sanders supporters have this sense of entitlement. It seems to fall in line with a lot of the issues they believe in. Free college education, Medicare for All*, prisoners being able to vote, etc.

It also doesn't help when Sanders said as of a couple of weeks ago that the Democratic establishment was fixing things for Biden to win the Nomination.

*- Let me clear about something. I believe that healthcare is an universal right. How we go about paying for it, is where I differ from Sanders supporters.

Last edited by blackchubby38; 03-18-2020 at 10:45 PM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    Because I think a majority of Sanders supporters have this sense of entitlement. It seems to fall in line with a lot of the issues they believe in. Free college education, Medicare for All*, prisoners being able to vote, etc.
    I think it might be more to do with many Sanders supporters having a cult-like mentality, just like Trump's supporters. If you believe your candidate is the chosen one, then if he doesn't win it must be due to a nefarious plot. Elizabeth Warren had similar policy positions but her supporters don't seem to have the same mentality.

The worry is that many of them will not turn out to vote, either out of spite or because they think 4 more years of chaos under Trump will better serve their cause in future.

Last edited by filghy2; 03-19-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    I think it might be more to do with many Sanders supporters having a cult-like mentality, just like Trump's supporters. If you believe your candidate is the chosen one, then if he doesn't win it must be due to a nefarious plot. Elizabeth Warren had similar policy positions but her supporters don't seem to have the same mentality.

The worry is that many of them will not turn out to vote, either out of spite or because they think 4 more years of chaos under Trump will better serve their cause in future.
    You might right be about the cult-like mentality. If you're on Twitter, check out #DearBernie.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Can the Party Conventions, and indeed, the General Election be postponed, and should they be?