Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Lightbulb Black voters overwhelmingly support LGBTQ rights except when it comes to trans athlet

Black voters overwhelmingly support LGBTQ rights except when it comes to trans athletes
    https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/11/...rans-athletes/

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Default Re: Black voters overwhelmingly support LGBTQ rights except when it comes to trans at

Non-black voters aren't big on trans athletes, either. It's been a very successful wedge issue.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Default Re: Black voters overwhelmingly support LGBTQ rights except when it comes to trans at

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Non-black voters aren't big on trans athletes, either. It's been a very successful wedge issue.
    Makes me wonder what Thailand's view is on this in conjunction with Thailand planning on recognizing 'Third Gender' in a new constitution
    ==> https://www.huffpost.com/entry/thail...nder_n_6476582

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Junior Member Rookie Poster

If we had a "Third Gender" Olympics this would help solve the problem

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

There is already the regular Olympics and Paralympics, so I doubt there's going to be room for a third Olympics. That would require $$$, which have to come from advertising revenue.
    I can't conceive of Translympics being shown on commercial TV because it would be too controversial and only appeal to a niche audience.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    I think opposing MTFs in women's sports is a successful wedge issue because most people inherently know that trans athletes competing in women's/girl's sports is unfair to genetic females.

Common sense seems to prevail in the public at large when they see Lia Thomas standing next to her genetic female competitors.

As with a lot of things in life there is no good answer to this problem, other than asking the Trans community to have a little bit more self-awareness as to what is fair and what is not fair to the greatest number of people.

Rookie Poster

I think most people who wish trans people every happiness and freedom to live their lives to the fullest still have issues with trans athletes. Looking at Lia Thomas the Penn swimmer I find it hard to imagine a lot of fair minded people not seeing a problem. Respecting peoples rights becomes problematic pretty quickly when it starts creating clear victims. I think insisting that trans athletes have a right to complete with genetic women hurts the movement of trans rights over all.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by todd222; 12-15-2022 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling error