Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/11 and 11/9

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: 9/11 and 11/9

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    Because of immigration I'm afraid do-gooding is coming to an end.
    ::Owain Glyndŵr or Sitting Bull?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

...Trump... he's created jobs & the Economy appears to be doing OK,...
    After W left us with the world’s largest recession, Obama took the U.S. unemployment rate down from 9% to 4%. Worst performance ever according to Trump - who praises himself for taking it down three-tenth of a percentage point to 3.7%. Yea Trump!
    In the meantime Trump and Ryan’s tax break left us with the biggest budget deficit to date. Suddenly the GOP doesn’t think deficits are all that important! Oh wait - we can now use the deficit as an excuse to scale back Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Yea!
    Pay no mind to the money Trump and his family are making by exploiting their federal offices. LOOK! There’s a CARAVAN!

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Because of immigration I'm afraid do-gooding is coming to an end. People have had enough, America first sounds a great slogan to me. I wish we had a Leader in the UK who put this country & its people first instead of a cunt what doesn't give a shit.
    Who exactly are these do-gooders that are apparently the root of all evil? Is Jeremy Corbyn one? He seems to care about human rights. Is Theresa May? If she doesn't give a shit wouldn't that make her a non-do-gooder?

You might want to try googling the history of America First. If America First had prevailed in WW2 your country would have been left alone to face the Nazis. http://time.com/4273812/america-firs...trump-history/

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 11-08-2018 at 02:19 AM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Although he wasn't really wearing that t-shirt, is seems that Tom Hanks is really another one of those liberal 'do-gooders'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hanks

filghy2 Silver Poster

A man like Trump will wind-up you humanitarians but at the end of the day he's here for a while because a lot of people like him because he does what he says, he's created jobs & the Economy appears to be doing OK, or at least that's what the UK media are saying.
    That must be why he has the lowest approval ratings of any president since WW2, and his party just lost the mid-terms by a big margin on the popular vote. But you're right that he is very popular with one group - angry, older white males who are less educated and don't like immigrants or having women running things.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    After W left us with the world’s largest recession, Obama took the U.S. unemployment rate down from 9% to 4%. Worst performance ever according to Trump - who praises himself for taking it down three-tenth of a percentage point to 3.7%. Yea Trump!
    In the meantime Trump and Ryan’s tax break left us with the biggest budget deficit to date. Suddenly the GOP doesn’t think deficits are all that important! Oh wait - we can now use the deficit as an excuse to scale back Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Yea!
    Pay no mind to the money Trump and his family are making by exploiting their federal offices. LOOK! There’s a CARAVAN!
    You either like him or you don't. Accept it. I think he's going to be around for a while. Obama's history, better get over it.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Sure. No problem. Obama is history and Trump is currently writing it. I’m just noting that Trump’s history does not and will not compare very well next to most. He will be noted mostly for his perfidy, racism, corruption, obstruction and collusion.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.