Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 and 11/9

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: 9/11 and 11/9

9/11 killed nearly 3,000 people but it didn't destroy the USA that we knew. I guess we'll soon find out whether 11/9 did that.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

This is one of those rare times that I agree with Conservatives when they Liberal Hollywood is out of touch with middle America.

Gold Poster

People may find the comparison unsettling since one involved the deliberate murder of thousands of people but Trump has the potential to do as much harm. And it's not the sort of latent potential that any President has to do harm, but of someone who is willing to stoke race hatred, promote antagonism towards a free press and undermine the electoral process to get his way.

Here's a clip of Steve King of Iowa sounding off https://twitter.com/AndrewBatesNC/st...05911453491201

Anybody with a shred of decency is out of touch with that kind of homophobia and all the rest of it, regardless of geography.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

It's highly unlikely that Tom Hanks is actually wearing that T-Shirt (It's writing is ridiculously straight and completely off the center of his chest). If you Google the quote and view it on the 'image' search, you will see other celebrities wearing photoshopped T-shirts, with that quote or something very similar, that they are not actually wearing. Based on everything I've ever read about Mr. Hanks I would assume he's a totally classy guy who would never have made that idiotic comparison on a T-Shirt. Since I don't believe he did, he doesn't need anyone to defend it...since it would be indefensible (in my opinion).

filghy2 Silver Poster

It's definitely a fake. Tom Hanks is Mr Middle America, so I thought it was unlikely. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/to...itical-tshirt/

It's true that this is a classic apples vs oranges comparison between two very different things, and perhaps such comparisons are not helpful. Reducing political issues to t-shirt or bumper sticker slogans is bit of a fool's game, anyway. Does it ever change anyone else's mind?

Gold Poster

I regret my post on this topic. Insensitive to make the comparison, particularly to those who lost loved ones or who know people who were killed during the wtc attacks. Or those who just want it memorialized appropriately and not to be subject to strained comparisons that trivializes it. I guess I lost my head a bit....

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Well done above poster. I know human rights, political correctness & general do-gooding is what these Liberals, or whatever you're called in the US, believe in more than anything else in life but can a President of the US really be compared to one of the worlds most recent atrocities really be justified? I mean, I'm full of hatred towards Politicians & it's warranted living in this fucking dump!
    Stand back & take a good look at yourselves.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    ...can a President of the US really be compared to one of the worlds most recent atrocities really be justified?.
    Don’t know. That’s not a well formed question.
    Perhaps you simply meant, “Can the consequences of a President’s actions, policies and political banter really be compared to one of the worlds most recent atrocities?” If so, than of course one can compare and contrast almost anything.

Perhaps instead you meant, “Can one justify comparing the consequences of President Trump’s actions, policies and political banter to the trauma of 9/11 ?” The answer here is that no one is maintaining such a comparison. The only people who initiated such comparison are the nationalist asswipes who photoshopped those Ts to begin with. Stand back and take a good look at your lying selves.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

F**k me! Are you married to Stavros? You know what I mean. A man like Trump will wind-up you humanitarians but at the end of the day he's here for a while because a lot of people like him because he does what he says, he's created jobs & the Economy appears to be doing OK, or at least that's what the UK media are saying.
    Because of immigration I'm afraid do-gooding is coming to an end. People have had enough, America first sounds a great slogan to me. I wish we had a Leader in the UK who put this country & its people first instead of a cunt what doesn't give a shit.
    I'm not arguing with anyone, there's already someone on here doing that on a daily basis. Sorry if it's not clear enough for you, I didn't go to University.
    Rant over.