Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face IT's a Miracle, I am astonished,stoked finally

Caitlyn Jenner says she was 'wrong' to think Trump would help LGBTQ people; does not support Trump

Caitlyn Jenner says she was 'wrong' to think Trump would help LGBTQ people; does not support TrumpBy Veronica Stracqualursi and Kara Fox, CNN

Washington (CNN) — Caitlyn Jenner says she made a "mistake" in thinking she could work with President Donald Trump to benefit the LGBTQ community and is now no longer a Trump supporter.In a Washington Post op-ed published Thursday, Jenner said at first she believed she could work with Trump and Republicans to change the party's stance on LGBQT issues."Sadly, I was wrong," Jenner wrote, adding, "The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president."She argued th
    at Trump "has shown no regard for an already marginalized and struggling community.""Believing that I could work with Trump and his administration to support our community was a mistake," Jenner wrote.She pointed to a New York Times report that the Department of Health and Human Services has a draft proposal to define gender under Title IX as solely male or female at birth, with no room for change.Jenner said her hope in Trump and Republicans was "misplaced" and that she "cannot support anyone who is working against our community.""I do not support Trump," she wrote. "I must learn from my mistakes and move forward."Over three years ago, the famed US Olympian came out as transgender in an interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer. Jenner voted for Trump in the 2016 presidential election and told E! in an interview Trump "would be very good for women's issues."However, Jenner began criticizing the President after the Trump administration announced policies that rolled back some protections for the transgender community.In March, the White House announced a ban on transgender people serving in the military, following Trump's tweet on the topic.That was about a year after Jenner visited the White House to meet with administration officials. "He's not been doing a very good job, but it's not over yet," Jenner said in an Washington (CNN) — Caitlyn Jenner says she made a "mistake" in thinking she could work with President Donald Trump to benefit the LGBTQ community and is now no longer a Trump supporter.In a Washington Post op-ed published Thursday, Jenner said at first she believed she could work with Trump and Republicans to change the party's stance on LGBQT issues."Sadly, I was wrong," Jenner wrote, adding, "The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president."She argued that Trump "has shown no regard for an already marginalized and struggling community.""Believing that I could work with Trump and his administration to support our community was a mistake," Jenner wrote.She pointed to a New York Times report that the Department of Health and Human Services has a draft proposal to define gender under Title IX as solely male or female at birth, with no room for change.Jenner said her hope in Trump and Republicans was "misplaced" and that she "cannot support anyone who is working against our community.""I do not support Trump," she wrote. "I must learn from my mistakes and move forward."Over three years ago, the famed US Olympian came out as transgender in an interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer. Jenner voted for Trump in the 2016 presidential election and told E! in an interview Trump "would be very good for women's issues."However, Jenner began criticizing the President after the Trump administration announced policies that rolled back some protections for the transgender community.In March, the White House announced a ban on transgender people serving in the military, following Trump's tweet on the topic.That was about a year after Jenner visited the White House to meet with administration officials. "He's not been doing a very good job, but it's not over yet," Jenner said in an interview with Variety at the time.In October 2017, Attorney General Jeff Sessions reversed Obama administration guidance and determined that the 1964 federal civil rights law does not protect transgender workers from employment discrimination.And just a month into his presidency, the Trump administration withdrew Obama-era protections of transgender students in public schools that let people use the bathrooms and facilities that correspond with their gender identity.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/26/pol...www.cnn.com%2F

Last edited by natina; 10-28-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Member Rookie Poster

Default Re: IT's a Miracle, I am astonished,stoked finally

I'm still amazed Trump got 63 million votes.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Name:  images (55).jpeg
Views: 822
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  images (54).jpeg
Views: 800
Size:  8.0 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (3).jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	1103156

Name:  download (4).jpeg
Views: 820
Size:  8.5 KB

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by natina View Post
    Caitlyn Jenner says she was 'wrong' to think Trump would help LGBTQ people; does not support Trump

Caitlyn Jenner says she was 'wrong' to think Trump would help LGBTQ people; does not support TrumpBy Veronica Stracqualursi and Kara Fox, CNN

Washington (CNN) — Caitlyn Jenner says she made a "mistake" in thinking she could work with President Donald Trump to benefit the LGBTQ community and is now no longer a Trump supporter.In a Washington Post op-ed published Thursday, Jenner said at first she believed she could work with Trump and Republicans to change the party's stance on LGBQT issues."Sadly, I was wrong," Jenner wrote, adding, "The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president."She argued th
    at Trump "has shown no regard for an already marginalized and struggling community.""Believing that I could work with Trump and his administration to support our community was a mistake," Jenner wrote.She pointed to a New York Times report that the Department of Health and Human Services has a draft proposal to define gender under Title IX as solely male or female at birth, with no room for change.Jenner said her hope in Trump and Republicans was "misplaced" and that she "cannot support anyone who is working against our community.""I do not support Trump," she wrote. "I must learn from my mistakes and move forward."Over three years ago, the famed US Olympian came out as transgender in an interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer. Jenner voted for Trump in the 2016 presidential election and told E! in an interview Trump "would be very good for women's issues."However, Jenner began criticizing the President after the Trump administration announced policies that rolled back some protections for the transgender community.In March, the White House announced a ban on transgender people serving in the military, following Trump's tweet on the topic.That was about a year after Jenner visited the White House to meet with administration officials. "He's not been doing a very good job, but it's not over yet," Jenner said in an Washington (CNN) — Caitlyn Jenner says she made a "mistake" in thinking she could work with President Donald Trump to benefit the LGBTQ community and is now no longer a Trump supporter.In a Washington Post op-ed published Thursday, Jenner said at first she believed she could work with Trump and Republicans to change the party's stance on LGBQT issues."Sadly, I was wrong," Jenner wrote, adding, "The reality is that the trans community is being relentlessly attacked by this president."She argued that Trump "has shown no regard for an already marginalized and struggling community.""Believing that I could work with Trump and his administration to support our community was a mistake," Jenner wrote.She pointed to a New York Times report that the Department of Health and Human Services has a draft proposal to define gender under Title IX as solely male or female at birth, with no room for change.Jenner said her hope in Trump and Republicans was "misplaced" and that she "cannot support anyone who is working against our community.""I do not support Trump," she wrote. "I must learn from my mistakes and move forward."Over three years ago, the famed US Olympian came out as transgender in an interview with ABC's Diane Sawyer. Jenner voted for Trump in the 2016 presidential election and told E! in an interview Trump "would be very good for women's issues."However, Jenner began criticizing the President after the Trump administration announced policies that rolled back some protections for the transgender community.In March, the White House announced a ban on transgender people serving in the military, following Trump's tweet on the topic.That was about a year after Jenner visited the White House to meet with administration officials. "He's not been doing a very good job, but it's not over yet," Jenner said in an interview with Variety at the time.In October 2017, Attorney General Jeff Sessions reversed Obama administration guidance and determined that the 1964 federal civil rights law does not protect transgender workers from employment discrimination.And just a month into his presidency, the Trump administration withdrew Obama-era protections of transgender students in public schools that let people use the bathrooms and facilities that correspond with their gender identity.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/26/pol...www.cnn.com%2F
    To quote Token from South Park, "Jesse Jackson is not the president of black people." Nor is Caitlyn Jenner the president of transgenders.

I seriously doubt if Caitlyn expected much from Trump in the arena of transgender rights. I mean, she's lived a long life in the USA, so she should know better than to base her vote on campaign promises.

What's more reasonable to assume is that Caitlyn Jenner voted for Donald Trump because Caitlyn Jenner is rich. What's equally reasonable to assume is that when Caitlyn steps into that private voting booth in November 2020 and is given a choice between Donald Trump - who has just pulled the economy out of a tailspin and is flying it straight into the great wide open - and Joe Biden (yes it will be Biden), a by-the-book Democrat whose main political idea is to oppose marijuana legalization in a contrived effort at a crossover hit, she will once again vote in her best financial interests, no matter what she may have said publicly to indicate otherwise.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

same thing in brazil with that nazi bolsonaro.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    I seriously doubt if Caitlyn expected much from Trump in the arena of transgender rights. I mean, she's lived a long life in the USA, so she should know better than to base her vote on campaign promises.
    That's funny - in your previous spate of posting about Trump (14 June) you asserted that: "As I said, he has either kept, or is TRYING to keep every promise he made during his campaign." http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...trannies+trump

That's the trouble with being a bullshit artist - it's so hard to keep track of all your previous bullshit.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 10-29-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Verified account Silver Poster Ben in LA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josehip View Post
    same thing in brazil with that nazi bolsonaro.
    They'll get what they deserve, and that doesn't include sympathy from people that tried to tell them so. Kinda like how I have no sympathy for trump voters currently being fucked over by his policies. And yes, that includes trans folks that voted for him.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    That's funny - in your previous spate of posting about Trump (14 June) you asserted that: "As I said, he has either kept, or is TRYING to keep every promise he made during his campaign." http://www.hungangels.com/vboard/sho...trannies+trump

That's the trouble with being a bullshit artist - it's so hard to keep track of all your previous bullshit.
    I'm flattered, Flighty, that you either remember everything I said from months ago or that you're stalking me, whichever is the case. If you are stalking me, what did you think of that Hispanic girl in Vegas 2 weekends back? I like her, but she's a top, and so am I, so it ended up just being a long sword fight.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    They'll get what they deserve, and that doesn't include sympathy from people that tried to tell them so. Kinda like how I have no sympathy for trump voters currently being fucked over by his policies. And yes, that includes trans folks that voted for him.
    yeah, my dude. True!

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben in LA View Post
    Agree.

Last edited by KnightHawk 2.0; 10-30-2018 at 12:44 AM.