Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: The Boris Johnson Show: Not a Comedy

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

Meow!
    If it involves Prime Minister Pantsonfire, that should be a grunt!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Senior Member Platinum Poster

I returned to the UK to watch the shameless Boris Johnson tell the House of Commons he is sorry that the Bring Your Own Bottle party in May 2020 went ahead -"I wish things had been done differently"....but it is feeble to claim that No 10 Downing St is a working address when photos show people including the Prime Minister and his wife and baby attending -how many official meetings are there when staff are asked to Bring Your Own Bottle, Wife and Child?

And again "Wait for the outcome of the enquiry" -What? Boris Johnson needs to read the report of an Enquiry into an event that he attended, because he needs the Report to tell him what he was doing there?
    Whether or not he survives is now down the Tory MPs, assuming Johnson insists on staying in office.

BYOB = Bring Your Own Bollocks to No 10, because the rest of the population are Mugs.

While the majority of the UK -incuding our Head of State, Queen Elizabeth II- was observing social distancing, Boris Johnson and members of his Downing St staff were partying like it was their last day on Earth. Whether it means their last day in their jobs we have to wait for an Official Enquiry to tell Boris Johnson what was happening at the parties in which he was in attendance, a bizarre process that may lead to his exoneration, not least because the person leading the Enquiry works in his Cabinet Office, and the final assessment of its results will be made by the man himself. But who knows, even Sue Gray might be so shocked at what she finds out that she cannot contain her criticism.

The point of this post is to draw attention to the aftermath of PMQ's last Wednesday when so many people called on Boris Johnson to resign, not leas the leader of the Conservative Party in Scotland, Douglas Ross. The Leader of the House Jacob Rees-Mogg dismissed the remarks Ross made by saying he is a 'lightweight' politician, which might actually be true, but in the context of Anglo-Scottish relations seems to emphasize how indifferent the English are to Scotland, suggesting Independence is a virtual reality for Rees-Mogg.

But the icing on this inedible cake came when Adam Tomkins, who 99.9% of the public have never heard of, said of Douglas Ross

'“Douglas is a man of principle and a man of steel"...

Hmmmm....one wonders where Douglas Ross is leading the Scottish Conservatives. To the Graveyard of political office?

Junior Poster

I have to say thank you very much indeed to whoever it was who told me how to block posters.

It's surprising how much fun it is seeing from the front screen that the usual victim has posted what I am sure is his usual total and utter dross, but knowing that if I accidentally click on that thread I won't have to see his toxic bilge.

Tgirl lover

Quote Originally Posted by obslam View Post
    I have to say thank you very much indeed to whoever it was who told me how to block posters.

It's surprising how much fun it is seeing from the front screen that the usual victim has posted what I am sure is his usual total and utter dross, but knowing that if I accidentally click on that thread I won't have to see his toxic bilge.

Indeed, such is the 'total and utter dross' of my post, quoting English and Scottish Conservatives, that even one of the most passionate supporters of Brexit, Andrew Bridgen MP, has sent his letter to the 1922 Committee withdrawing his support for Boris Johnson, and calling for the election of a new leader of the Conservative Party.

What is being blocked here, my personal politics, or the facts as presented to the world by the men who voted to leave the European Union? Poor obslam is missing out on his opportunity to tell us if he thinks Boris Johson should remain Prime Minister, or Resign.

Not holding my breath on this one, but he may yet respond if he reads the post via others which quote mine. Funny old world, innit?

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Indeed, such is the 'total and utter dross' of my post, quoting English and Scottish Conservatives, that even one of the most passionate supporters of Brexit, Andrew Bridgen MP, has sent his letter to the 1922 Committee withdrawing his support for Boris Johnson, and calling for the election of a new leader of the Conservative Party.

What is being blocked here, my personal politics, or the facts as presented to the world by the men who voted to leave the European Union? Poor obslam is missing out on his opportunity to tell us if he thinks Boris Johson should remain Prime Minister, or Resign.

Not holding my breath on this one, but he may yet respond if he reads the post via others which quote mine. Funny old world, innit?
    I'm quoting you, Stavros. So Obslam can see your post.

We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by obslam View Post

I'm not going to downvote your post which I was inclined to do but I don't understand blocking posters unless you're being harassed or something. Even then it's a choice I probably wouldn't make. Can't you just not read his posts or read them and disagree?

Boris Johnson today-
    “I can’t believe we would have gone ahead with an event that people said was against the rules … nobody warned me it was against the rules, I am categorical about that – I would have remembered that,” he told Sky News."

This is simply absurd -it was Boris Johnson who appeared on TV to tell everyone what the rules would be, and now he is saying he needed someone else to tell him? The man is an idiot. Like constantly saying we must wait for Sue Gray's report to tell hm what he already knows!
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...inst-the-rules

We now wait for the 1922 Committee rather than Sue Gray to move this unhappy chapter in English politics to the next rung on the ladder, going down.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    I'm quoting you, Stavros. So Obslam can see your post.
    LOL, if i wanted to read the poisonous drivel I could unblock the poisonous poster.

Tgirl lover

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I'm not going to downvote your post which I was inclined to do but I don't understand blocking posters unless you're being harassed or something. Even then it's a choice I probably wouldn't make. Can't you just not read his posts or read them and disagree?

obslam chooses not to debate, and is free to say nothing, or dismiss what I say as poisonous drivel. It says more about him than it does about Brexit, but nobody needs to get upset with obslam as the end result does not change the fact that the UK has left the EU.

Boris Johnson, on the other hand, as one of the principal architects of this disaster, is claiming to have 'Got Brexit Done' when the negotiations with the EU continue, albeit on the 'back burner' at the moment. It might be thought a brazen cheek for anyone to say we have 'moved on' when the simmering crisis in Northern Ireland has not been resolved, as the new Foreign Secretary, Liz Truss, who now has responsibility for Brexit, is like Lord Frost before her making threats to annul the Northern Ireland Protocol, just as the DUP in Northern Ireland is desperately trying to hold on to what appears to be a shriking constituenct of 'Loyalists', as Northern Ireland appears to be better off inside the EU rather than outside it. As for the new rules that came into force on the 1st of January, these may continue to have a negative impact on the UK's trade with the EU as the demand, notably with regard to food, for Proof of Origin places yet more bureaucatic burdens and costs on small and medium sized enterprises. All of this contrary to the promises, bogus all, made by Johnson during the 2016 Referendum and after,

But just as there is a segment of the population that thinks Covid as as much an over-rated problem as Climate Change, the opporunity to debate these issues and even to change minds is limited, when minds are made up, and no amount of facts will chage them.