Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anti-trans Lesbians. Wtf?

Lesbian activists block Pride in London march to protest against trans women

One of the activists shouted: 'A man who says he's a lesbian is a rapist'

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...on/#gs.xDC_Rqk

Senior Member Platinum Poster giovanni_hotel's Avatar

Default Re: Anti-trans Lesbians. Wtf?

The biggest enemy of transwomen are CIS women.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

I had no idea that such animus existed against trans community by others in the LGBTQ community.

Old Biddy Silver Poster Gillian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    TERFs in fact. Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists.

They're a bolshy lot and the Pride festival owners have denounced them. However, many will ask why did Pride let them get to the head of the march in the first place.

Germaine Greer is probably the best known TERF ...

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dakota87 View Post
    I had no idea that such animus existed against trans community by others in the LGBTQ community.
    They all dont like each other. LGBT is just an umbrella term like "people of color".

Senior Member Gold Poster holzz's Avatar

gays can be as bigoted as anybody else. there are blacks who hate whites, or Hispanics who hates blacks or whites. or gays who hate straights. it's not as black and white as saying x is from a marginalised group, so they can never be bigoted.

that said, Milo Yiannopolous hates trans. it's not all lovey-dovey. some even say Blaire White is transphobic, when she is trans. i think some gays reckon because transitioning is to cure/treat gender dysphoria, they don't want to be lumped in a mental illness. it was Milo says anyhow.

Bella Doll Platinum Poster BellaBellucci's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by giovanni_hotel View Post
    I have to disagree. I think it's gay men. If you're not with them, you're against them. Since the LGBT is really what I call the GGGG, TERFs are actually their unwitting pit bulls on this issue.

Cis women aren't our enemies, but they are wary and sometimes outright scared of us. However, they are hardly ever aggressive about it.

And the least prevalent, but most dangerous type of transphobe is the trans-panic cis male. Many don't even require a sexual encounter to be triggered, and they're the ones killing us.

~B

4 out of 5 members liked this post.

Terribly Mysterious Veteran Poster Nick Danger's Avatar

Reminds me of the time I had to do 3 days in the Santa Barbara county jail for a DUI back in the 80's. All the inmates were segregated by race, which was a big problem because of the overcrowding. Some of the inmates who were obviously not going to be any trouble - like me - were put in a kind of "spillover" cell where the races were mixed, except for blacks. So in that cell were mostly your more Americanized Mexicans, couple of Asians, and the handful of whites who weren't all tatted and ganged up - but it was mostly Mexicans. I was bunked next to an older Mexican guy named Guillermo and he and I became pretty good buds for those few days; he had a chess set and a deck of cards.

I remember asking Guillermo why there were no blacks in there. I expected the answer to be that there were very few blacks who weren't in gangs, but he surprised me. He said "Because Mexicans hate n_____s."

This situation seems...similar to me. You'd think Mexicans and blacks would kinda have a "whites are the mutual enemy" attitude, but that wasn't the case. Apparently it's the same with lesbians and t-girls. You'd think they would be united against institutional oppression but I guess not.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    We are number one. All others are number two or lower.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post
    Reminds me of the time I had to do 3 days in the Santa Barbara county jail for a DUI back in the 80's. All the inmates were segregated by race, which was a big problem because of the overcrowding. Some of the inmates who were obviously not going to be any trouble - like me - were put in a kind of "spillover" cell where the races were mixed, except for blacks. So in that cell were mostly your more Americanized Mexicans, couple of Asians, and the handful of whites who weren't all tatted and ganged up - but it was mostly Mexicans. I was bunked next to an older Mexican guy named Guillermo and he and I became pretty good buds for those few days; he had a chess set and a deck of cards.

I remember asking Guillermo why there were no blacks in there. I expected the answer to be that there were very few blacks who weren't in gangs, but he surprised me. He said "Because Mexicans hate n_____s."

This situation seems...similar to me. You'd think Mexicans and blacks would kinda have a "whites are the mutual enemy" attitude, but that wasn't the case. Apparently it's the same with lesbians and t-girls. You'd think they would be united against institutional oppression but I guess not.
    Yeah lots of Latinos dont like blacks(afro Latinos are treated like shit on their home countries). That black and brown unity thing is bullshit for the most part.

Professional Poster Extraordinaire Professional Poster Cereal Escapist's Avatar

once ANY group of people start to identify with specific traits in themselves and define themselves as such, by their very nature, they become exclusionary.

Bigotry is about everywhere. Look inside the transgender community if you must and the divide between drag queens and the more transitioned for evidence of dissent and disagreement.

it comes as NO SURPRISE that transgender disdain comes from the str8 and gay community, from both cisgender men and women, irrespective of their preferences between the sheets.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    -----
    ...on the matter of my lust, it appears clothes maketh woman!!!