Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Silver Poster

Default Re: Trump's Supreme Court nominee

In a Medium that is already high on theatre, the Russian Collusion angle puts American Politics right up there with some Shakespearean Play, the Kavanaugh vote will probably center around four Republican Senators, Collins, Murkowski, Corker and Flake. If Ford shows up, she'll be talking to them and the American voters. But yeah, the rest of the Republicans don't care what happened at some High School party. Whatever they can get away with. The American Constitution wasn't written until after a bloody Revolutionary War.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    World Class Asshole

Personally, I think if Christine Blasey Ford didn't exist, the Democrats would be very tempted to invent her. The perfect foil for a pussy grabbing President and two crusty old farts AKA Grassley and Hatch. They will appear as the sweat on Nixon's upper lip, they will remind us how far women have come since Anita Hill.
    Meanwhile, Kavanaugh needs some 'splaining to do about being a member of "The Devil's Triangle Club"...that's when two men have sex with one woman. He's a good reason to vote for abortions.
    Ford is talking to the FBI today, not about the alleged attempted rape, the subject is the death threats against her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	1095388  

World Class Asshole

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    In a Medium that is already high on theatre, the Russian Collusion angle puts American Politics right up there with some Shakespearean Play.
    But which one? Hopefully, it's Julius Caesar, but who will be the honourable Brutus?

Or maybe Richard III. I can picture a desperate Trump offering his kingdom for a horse (or a bit of election meddling).

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    But which one? Hopefully, it's Julius Caesar, but who will be the honourable Brutus?
    Sean Hannity?????
    Can you imagine what is going on in Trump's head at 3 o'clock in the morning? On the one hand, he's the most powerful man in the World. The other hand is Bob Mueller tapping on his shoulder. I can hear the wheels spinning.
    Julius Caesar? Is he Mexican?

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by buttslinger View Post
    Sean Hannity?????
    Can you imagine what is going on in Trump's head at 3 o'clock in the morning? On the one hand, he's the most powerful man in the World. The other hand is Bob Mueller tapping on his shoulder. I can hear the wheels spinning.
    Julius Caesar? Is he Mexican?
    I wonder, who is the 'most powerful man in the world'? Is it the President of the USA, is it Vladimir Putin? Which of the two can order the murder of anyone in any country other than their own and shrug it off as 'fake news'? It begs the question what is that makes a man powerful? You might argue that for a brief period, Nelson Mandela was the most powerful man in the world because people admired him, and believed what he had to say was right and true. By contrastGeneral Abdul-Fatah al-Sisi -supported by Democracies in 'the free world', is presiding over a regime of terror in Egypt that has resulted in thousands of people being imprisoned merely for opposing military rule, followed by torture, summary execution and denial by the government.

It asks, is sympathy a stronger component of effective power than hostility? Does power produce fear in people, or love?

I would suggest that if the current President were to order a nuclear strike on a target, the chain of command would in fact prevent it unless there were prima facie evidence of a proportionate attack on the USA in accordance with international law. The Generals are not stupid, as history suggests. In addition, the power of the Presidency in the USA can be mitigated by Congress, whereas Putin can do what he likes, as appears to be the case with al-Sisi and Erdogan. The current President of the USA appears to claim that he is 'stronger' and 'tougher' than Obama, but we have yet to see his aggressive stance lead to any positive outcomes. Maybe he is not the most powerful man in the world, and we should be glad that he isn't.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Maybe it is time to reform the Supreme Court?

Amy Chua, the Yale law professor and best-selling author who endorsed supreme court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, has denied allegations that she instructed female law students to exude a “model-like” femininity when interviewing for clerkships with the judge.
    But another former law student who was advised by Chua and approached the Guardian after its original story was published on Thursday said his experience was consistent with the allegations presented in the article.

The male student, who asked not to be identified, said that when he approached Chua about his interest in clerking for Kavanaugh, the professor said it was “great”, but then added that Kavanaugh “tends to hire women who are generally attractive and then likes to send them to [supreme court Chief Justice John] Roberts”.
    It was a reference to Kavanaugh’s role as a so-called “feeder” judge, whose clerks often go on to win highly coveted clerkships at the US supreme court.

The student alleged that Chua then added: “I don’t think it is a sexual thing, but [Kavanaugh] likes to have pretty clerks.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rett-kavanaugh

Man, if a man is only as good as his word, Mitch McConnell is no good at all.

Only 37% on American Voters are in favor of Kavanaugh. This Supreme Court Justice pick isn't for the American People, he's for the Trump voters. The American people need a couple of Republican Senators to see through the bullshit and vote down Bart O'Kavanaugh. Senator Collins, Senator Murkowski, if you're reading this-
    could you please post a few nude pics?

World Class Asshole

I think if a woman accused me of rape and the police got involved you would hear me screaming LIE DETECTOR TEST in about 2 seconds. Unless I was guilty, then I would go on Fox News with my wife and claim the woman is a threat to US.
    They found Mark Judge, he was hiding out at Dewey Beach. His car was full of clothes and Superman comics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mlTr4tY9pWa7QQPdV9xkxVaJ5GC.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	344.7 KB 
ID:	1096151

World Class Asshole

McConnell will get on the phone to Murkowski and Collins tomorrow night, if they give thumbs up, we will have a vote Friday. If they give a thumbs down, they will announce they were very stirred by the woman's testimony and want to delay for a while. You know both sides must have a few tricks up their sleeves tomorrow. Love the Soaps...

World Class Asshole

After today's hearing I would say Kavanaugh will get a seat in the new branch of the Republican Party: The Supreme Court.

World Class Asshole