Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    Brooklyn CD ladyboy Veteran Poster CD_Sasha's Avatar

Default Re: Trump's Supreme Court nominee

Close this thread, it's useless now. Justice Kavanaugh won, the angry left mob has lost. Get over it and have a good night.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Agreed 100%
    If they don't want to accept the official IRS apologies to conservative groups for targeting them and if they don't want to accept two different sources of EPA corruption, then anything else to explain 'the swamp' from me would be a waste of my time...
    Again you avoid a proper debate, such as the reason why the IRS targeted the sudden profusion of conservative groups rather than, say, more centrist ones. You first decide all of Washington DC is a 'swamp' then look for the evidence to prove it, yet provide samples of the kind of bureucratic intrigues that affect all large organizations, and other than relying on a proven climate change fraud for your 'science', have nothing to say on the core remit of the EPA and its protection of your environment and our planet.

I agree that this is an example of how a thread creates debates that veer away from its original purpose, it happens, and yes, Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court, for now. There is nothing that says he cannot be impeached, but who knows, actually being on the Court may moderate his views, he does't yet have a record by which he can be judged.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

And corruptness in the Treasury Department...
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/17/polit...ort/index.html

Amazes me that some still can't see the federal agencies swamp!

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    And corruptness in the Treasury Department...
    Amazes me that some still can't see the federal agencies swamp!
    a) I hope you are not presuming guilt before a trial, and one notes that the person concerned does not appear to have made any money from the leaks; and one person being arrested does not condemn an entire department.

b) are the people who leaked information to Bob Woodward going to be arrested and put on trial?

c) I wonder if, in a place awash with money and power, the Federal Agencies are the epitome of the 'swamp' or whether you should be looking at individuals, so many of whom are Republicans. As a Libertarian I expect you to condemn Republicans as they do not and cannot promote your agenda, though you do seem to think the 45th President, the most dishonest man to have occupied the Presidency, is 'draining the swamp' when the reality is that the swamp has deepened to accommodate the corruption with which he is so intimately associated, not least with the millions of tax payer dollars he has pocketed when playing golf at his own clubs and hotels.

In the whole of the Obama one official did resign -General David Petraeus- whereas in barely two years the list of resignations, sackings, arrests and confessions of lying to Congress and Law Enforcement has become so routine you expect the 45th President to nominate crooks and swindlers to public office, and to look the other way when Republicans stuff their pockets with as much tax payers cash as they can.

The roll-call is grim and never ending, here are some starfish from the swamp, not even inluding Gates, Manafort, Flynn, Papadopoulos and Sessions-

Rep. Chris Collins, the first member of Congress to endorse Trump for president, was recently arrested for allegedly perpetrating an insider trading scheme while on the board of a foreign pharmaceutical company.

Rep. Duncan Hunter of California
    , the second congressman to endorse Trump, was indicted last week for illegally using campaign funds for personal enrichment.

Tom Price resigned as Health and Human Services secretary
    after spending $400,000 in federal money on private jet travel.

Scott Pruitt
    stepped down as Environmental Protection Agency administrator amid a dizzying list of abuses.

Mick Mulvaney
    , director of the Office of Management and Budget, has confessed that while serving in Congress, he only met with lobbyists after they ponied up a donation.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinio...mn/1112746002/

Ben Carson Housing and Urban Development Secretary -the Washington Post reported that a firm run by Carson's wife had won a $485,000 contract from the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services without a competitive bidding process.

Wilbur Ross -Commerce Secretary has not disclosed all of his business interests, which includes a company he owns that is in partnership in Russia with a firm owned by Vladimir Putin's son-in-law.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/trum...-scandals.html

And what about those members of the President's staff using the White House email server for their own correspondence? What's that all about?
    If you did indeed 'drain the swamp' you would end up without a President and most of his Cabinet, and who knows how many members of Congress?

But I assume that is what you want?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by Stavros; 10-18-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Senior Member Silver Poster

Let's totally go off topic and ask Mr Infantile why, out of those 17 Republican Debate Clowns was Donald Trump the obvious choice? Ted Cruz was every bit as Conservative, more so, he could have cut taxes and deregulated businesses, and upped the military, etc etc what is it about Trump that has the entire Republican Party acting like fools?

World Class Asshole

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CD_Sasha View Post
    Close this thread, it's useless now. Justice Kavanaugh won, the angry left mob has lost. Get over it and have a good night.
    glad i wasnt paying attention to this thread at the time or else I would have wasted so much of it. All I can say now is shut the fuck up Sasha.