Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Transgender athletes face tougher Olympic rules

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    My lesbian friends that I talked with over this were concerned with being squeezed out over height advantage - not testosterone/hormones..
    I don't know much about Basketball so thanks for informing me that the key advantage one Basketball player has over another is their height.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

I asked some of my lesbian athlete friends their perspectives and they added this to the debate hot bed:

What happens to women's basketball when it's dominated by 6ft 4 transgender women?
    I don't think your friends have anything to worry about, absolutely nothing will happen. Think about how many transgendered women there are ages 18-22. Then break down that number further by how many can play college basketball at the FCS aka division 1 level. There's not going to be enough to cause an impact, let alone dominate.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by blackchubby38 View Post
    i don't think your friends have anything to worry about, absolutely nothing will happen. Think about how many transgendered women there are ages 18-22. Then break down that number further by how many can play college basketball at the fcs aka division 1 level. There's not going to be enough to cause an impact, let alone dominate.
    this!

Member Rookie Poster

I asked some of my lesbian athlete friends their perspectives and they added this to the debate hot bed:

What happens to women's basketball when it's dominated by 6ft 4 transgender women?
    They'd get walloped. WNBA uses a smaller basketball and shorter three point line yet the same height net. In that time there's been a handful of dunks where as in the NBA there are several a game at minimum. Guys are not only physically stronger, they're way faster and quicker... guys like Russell Westbrook would have a field day. It'd be painful to watch if the mens team actually did play rather than treat it as a friendly match.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.