Default Stickman Bangkok , who has had a Thailand nightlife blog for almost 20 years, retires

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster seth123's Avatar

Default Re: Stickman Bangkok , who has had a Thailand nightlife blog for almost 20 years, ret

Stickman was neutral on the subject of "Thai Ladyboys" but would print interviews, articles or photo shoots about them from time to time.
    His retirement was a gradual departure that began with selling the ownership of the site to remain as a paid employee working from home in New Zealand after he left Thailand.
    When the new owner reneged on the salary agreement by claiming financial hardship and also a censorship issue , Stickman formally gave up any responsibility for his weekly column contribution. He still manages the readers submissions by posting them to the site while occasionally inserting comments about them. .......

Available in the archives section from 2001-2018 are:
    " More than 9,000 articles and stories of life and experiences in Thailand and neighbouring countries!......Welcome to the largest collection of Thailand expat-related full-length articles in English on the Internet "............

Senior Member Junior Poster Toadily's Avatar

Default Re: Stickman Bangkok , who has had a Thailand nightlife blog for almost 20 years, ret

Now there is even a Stickboy Bangkok facebook

Right you are on all that ,seth123. I've been reading his posts for at least 10 -12 years . I even remember when Bernard Trink had his weekly "Nite Owl" column in the Bangkok post. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Trink

Hope the "Stickman Archives " archives remain available as they are now.
    Yes Toadily , I have seen the "Stickboy Bangkok " blog on Facebook and the internet , I don't know it that well but it looks like he is doing a pretty good job of trying to provide the kind of nightlife information foreign visitors require.

Senior Member Junior Poster seth123's Avatar

For those who are interested, as of September 2nd Stickman has returned to continue posting weekly columns.