Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Alcohol is a Warm Gun

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    My advice to you is to stay out of the political section.
    I know this was your response to Fanti but has Peejaye ever offered a considered view or disagreed with anyone civilly? He's threatened to leave a bunch of times because he can't tolerate disagreement.

He and Fanti can do what they want but I'm not sure why they want to discuss politics. Fanti has one play in his playbook and it's to kick the ball in his own goal.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

So what do we have here?

One character who comes here just to post nonsense to stir people up rather than engage in discussion, so that he can then complain sanctimoniously about people responding negatively to him.

Another character who comes here obsessively just to vent excess bile and suck up to any poster who argues against those he has a grudge against for pointing out why he's been wrong.

Ain't some folks weird? You could not make up these characters.

If these two characters are going to block everyone who disagrees with them are we going to see them coming here just to continue their mutual admiration society?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 04-27-2019 at 04:19 AM.

Gold Poster

I want to point out one thing. Mr Fanti thinks using the word idiotic is beyond the pale but has no issue with Peejaye. The same Peejaye who said he wanted people in this thread banned and then in his next post said that some of those would contemplate suicide if banned. That (along with calling someone "fucking bighead") seems a bit worse than describing something as idiotic but Fanti's nothing if not disingenuous.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 04-27-2019 at 04:25 AM.

Haven't posted in a while, but it confounds me when people can't be 100% honest even when they post using an anonymous identity. If you have a political or personal social stance on an issue that you can't 'specifically' defend in a written, rational matter, because it's mostly based on emotions....then say that. Most things aren't black or white...If you have a moral interpretation that's different from someone else - then say that! As long as it isn't "serial killer off the wall" you'll probably have a decent argument if you can at least explain your rationale. But, if you can't even explain your personal rationale...then your stance has no firm roots and perhaps you should re-evaluate it.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    I know this was your response to Fanti but has Peejaye ever offered a considered view or disagreed with anyone civilly? He's threatened to leave a bunch of times because he can't tolerate disagreement.
    That (along with calling someone "fucking bighead") seems a bit worse than describing something as idiotic but Fanti's nothing if not disingenuous.
    There was actually a time when Peejaye made some attempt to argue the issues. Ironically, I can recall him arguing against Mr Fanti on gun control. He wasn't a Trump supporter in the past either. But now any enemy of his enemies is his friend.

Peejaye arguing for the administrators to crack down on unacceptable behaviour here is like turkeys arguing for early Thanksgiving.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 04-27-2019 at 04:40 AM.

He and Fanti can do what they want but I'm not sure why they want to discuss politics. Fanti has one play in his playbook and it's to kick the ball in his own goal.
    I barely consider Peejaye at all.
    He's a dick. If you and anyone else think, at this point in time - based on the assessment of his previous posts, that it's important for him to answer you...or explain himself to you, then that's a shortcoming on your part.
    I've said this previously: Let a statement (or a list of statements made) speak for it self
    . You don't have to win an argument by beating it into the ground, you just have to make it and let the reader decide.

I hate to say this because I like you guys, but some of you beat shit to death sometimes. You don't always have to go on for pages to win an argument. Again, let the reader decide. The people that you're arguing with, be it Fanti or Peejaye or anyone like them will never say "you're right, I have no answer for that." Doing that requires a self confidence they probably don't possess, so let it go.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by fred41; 04-27-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    I hate to say this because I like you guys, but some of you beat shit to death sometimes. You don't always have to go on for pages to win an argument.
    That's true but some of it is just boredom or compulsiveness. Think back to redvex and her dream of anarchy. There was no winning in the sense of capitulation but the arguments sort of feed themselves. I never feel so logical as when I'm talking to people who say ridiculous things

P.S. Filghy, your thanksgiving reference reminded me of an Australian I met who got angry that one of his mates used the word dude. He said he resisted American cultural imperialism and demanded we call him cobber! I'm drinking a xxxx gold to his memory as we speak.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 04-27-2019 at 05:06 AM.

filghy2 Silver Poster

That's true but some of it is just boredom or compulsiveness. Think back to redvex and her dream of anarchy. There was no winning in the sense of capitulation but the arguments sort of feed themselves. I never feel so logical as when I'm talking to people who say ridiculous things

P.S. Filghy, your thanksgiving reference reminded me of an Australian I met who got angry that one of his mates used the word dude. He said he resisted American cultural imperialism and demanded we call him cobber! I'm drinking a xxxx gold to his memory as we speak.
    Exactly. It's a form of sport. Just as every good story needs a villain, there is something very satisfying about debunking idiots, even though they will never concede anything. If all the fools and jerks disappeared from this forum I would actually find it a bit bland.

If you come to Australia I suggest you don't call people cobber as it's a term that fell out of use about two generations ago. Mate is the more common term.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 04-27-2019 at 05:17 AM.

I know , I'm just old and "you kids get outta my yard" cranky sometimes...and since I retired I stopped caring about politics so much.
    But I still get drawn in sometimes
    because we are what we are..lol.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    If you come to Australia I suggest you don't call people cobber as it's a term that fell out of use about two generations ago.
    Hilarious. He actually had a list of substitutes for dude and that was the only one I remembered. I've gone to Australia twice; once was a tour from Cairns to Sydney (2005) and once I spent two weeks with some other American friends in Sydney (2007). Not a short flight.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.